User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

ISTPs will stare coldly into the eyes of the teacher and not even say no. No amount of cajoling, bribing, rewarding, punishing, or threat will get them to do their school work. School work, quite apart from being irrelevant, is after all mere preparation for something the ISTPs figure they’re never going to do anyway.
    That's what's most like me in there. I have issues with the whole education system :-/
    Last edited by mcmartinez84; 02-27-2008 at 09:12 AM.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    I liked the description a lot, first one I've seen that mentions weapons....I have a strange fascination with them, and it hadn't occured to me before now that my ability/accuracy with them could be related to the love of and skill with hands on/mechanical things.
    Yeah, I've always had a fascination with weapons too. which led to me choreographing theatrical stage combat and being secretary in a fencing club.

"Commitments"--NOOOooooooo!! That one's gonna be the death of me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Interesting how the ISTPs enjoy the same description that's from Please Understand Me. Or are you all just talking about the top half?

MBTI
    xNTP

What?

MBTI
    xNTP

I have a good example of what might be considered stereotypical artisan behavior.

I'm currently taking a graduate course online. How the course works is the course material is covered in seven, two week periods. At the end of each period we have to take a quiz and the grade from the quiz is our grade for the period.

The period that I just finished required a ton of reading (which I hate as tech. books are very dry) so I decided to skip the reading and take the quiz, figuring that I have some knowledge of the subject matter and could dig up any answers I didn't know if I had to.

So I took the test and got a 92, and saved myself about a days worth of reading.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    What?
    The type summary at the bottom was from Please Understand Me. Curiously, everyone here seems to be agreeing with it.

MBTI
    xNTP

Sorry about that.

It must be an accurate description. Either that or we have a bunch of poseur posting to this thread. I'm going to assume it's the former.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, although this ISTP description says that they're impulsive, fearless, and dyslexic, it at least acknowledges their interest in weapons and tools...

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Interesting how the ISTPs enjoy the same description that's from Please Understand Me. Or are you all just talking about the top half?
    Which is one reason that I have not responded to this thread till now. I knew the first example was the Tiegers which I find accurate. However for some reason I thought the latter description was from Otto Kroeger. I don't like Keirsey's descriptions and along with Kroeger's book, each time I refer back to it, I want to burn the book after reading it.

Keirsey does give a better depiction of the ISTP at the Lifexplore website. The latter description of the Realist belongs to him. As I have told INTJMom, I actually prefer the bullet type of descriptions over the narratives. A good one for me is this one from Teamtechnology, which has made me wonder why you cannot locate Meyers-Briggs' actual descriptions from her book "Gifts Differing".

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, I like the Team Technology descriptions. I must say that I identify with the INTJ description under stress. I'm the kind of person that blows up in rage when I'm insecure or angry. I tend to curse people out even though I have nothing against them personally, but because I have something to vent on. And the times of stress is when I become concerned with status and even materialistic.