User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    ve also been told that it has something to do with the way I walk. Yeah, sounds like nonsense to me, but apparently I "stride with purpose" in a way that makes me appear confident and... intimidating. I don't get it. I definitely wouldn't interpret things that way, but then hey--I'm an ISTP. What do I know about interpretation?
    I've noticed this about myself; I don't hesitate in my stride, and I definitely look like I have purpose. Don't know how to walk any other way

MBTI
    ISTP

I know a person who is istp female She is very logical about everything she does and gets defensive if you say something wrong. She is very sensitive but she doesn't show it. She is practically nonexistant in a meeting or class. Unless it is something she is interested in. Very quiet. Always thinks about what to say before saying it and she has this dry witty humor. She doesn't trust ANYONES motives and is often thought of as detached and distrusting.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Flicker View Post
    I know a person who is istp female She is very logical about everything she does and gets defensive if you say something wrong. She is very sensitive but she doesn't show it. She is practically nonexistant in a meeting or class. Unless it is something she is interested in. Very quiet. Always thinks about what to say before saying it and she has this dry witty humor. She doesn't trust ANYONES motives and is often thought of as detached and distrusting.
    This is pretty much word for word how people described me in school.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness
    Likes SLT liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I had a fling with a ISTP female a long time ago. Was very short and meaningless . I think that's when I realized I should get a F typed girl .
    Yeah ISTPs will just take advatage of you and not feel a thing after, cold motherfu**ers I tell ya.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Wow, there are some really long posts in here for ISTP's. Some of them contain way too much information. :P I imagine that getting to know a person will be helpful in determining a persons mbti personality; male or female. Cultural expectations will of course obfuscate the truth some. Cultural expections include family, friends, gender, location, etc. I think that finding out a persons' motives is key to understanding a person and their personality. Anyway. Interesting stuff in here.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm also an ISTP female. Like most others, I was great at math but ended up majoring in Economics as application was a priority. In high school and college I was a loner by choice, though sometimes I ate lunch with a group of friends. I too prefer to take my social situations in small doses and have been know to flake out of social commitments. Just can't be bothered. Don't care what anyone thinks of me anyways.

When I was younger and less mature I did tend to take advantage of guys. I didn't feel guilty about it as they seemed to enjoy the experience. I did a lot of running and swimming in my younger days. I love watching soccer games but only when they're in quarter-finals and beyond. I wouldn't call myself an athlete but I definitely have tomboyish qualities. I can dress up but only if I'm in the mood. Only spend 5 minutes on hair/makeup - clothes/shoes must be comfy. etc.

Growing up I never felt like I could trust girls so I always had a male best-friend. Married to an ISTJ. It's funny about the commitment thing - we had to get married due to immigration (he's from England) - cause neither of us wear wedding rings and we're both totally fine with it. The way I explained my love for him was "Every day that I wake up I choose to love you." The reason I started looking up and take personality quizzes was because I'm sick and tired of my boring office job. Before I realized I was an ISTP I was already considering Network Administrator or Pilot. Now that I know I'm an ISTP it makes sense!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

as an istp woman, i hate being objectified. i don't like being stared at or talked about, and i'm generally reclusive. i'm not really insecure about my looks. i consider myself sharp and resourceful, as well as adventurous and curious. i prefer being the pursuer instead of the pursued. i want men to laugh at MY jokes, not the other way around (and they usually do). i'm more or less a clown with my friends, but i give off a strong "don't fuck with me" air to others, or so i've been told.
    Likes SLT, virtualinsanity liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP

Well, as an ISTP female I'm the only one I know of. If you see me with a group of other girls I don't know what to talk about, I'm more quiet and reserved. My communication with men though, flows easily and takes little effort to keep a conversation going. Often men will think I'm attractive, but once they get to know me they know I am not like most women, I'm somewhat masculine and men are intimidated by that. I want to a be DNR officer of that tells you anything, a more male-role job interests me greatly. Anyways I've gone off the topic of your question, if you want to spot a female ISTP look for the girl awkward towards females but pretty normal around men, or the girl that will fix any mechanical problem. Really just look for the odd ball of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by SLT View Post
    Well, as an ISTP female I'm the only one I know of. If you see me with a group of other girls I don't know what to talk about, I'm more quiet and reserved. My communication with men though, flows easily and takes little effort to keep a conversation going. Often men will think I'm attractive, but once they get to know me they know I am not like most women, I'm somewhat masculine and men are intimidated by that. I want to a be DNR officer of that tells you anything, a more male-role job interests me greatly. Anyways I've gone off the topic of your question, if you want to spot a female ISTP look for the girl awkward towards females but pretty normal around men, or the girl that will fix any mechanical problem. Really just look for the odd ball of the group.
    May I ask what SLT stands for?

I am a female istp and the description fits me 100% but i am not tomboyish i am pretty and girly! How do i act?? Thats tough.. i act friendly, nice, sometimes im sure I seem overexcited and sometimes i probably seem bored depending on how stimulated i am by my envirement or if the conversation is interesting. I have a weird sense of humour. I mostly try to fit in so i act accordingly, noone knows my trueself, if your trying to pick a female istp out of a crowd... good luck!
    Likes virtualinsanity liked this post