User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Man, wish you guys were around posting on the forum more. So many in here with just a few posts and some just in this thread.

Interesting bios regardless of gender.
    I'm just getting started here, I found out about this MBTI thing like last week and I havn't really gotten into it that well yet, though I am recently obsessing with it and reading everything that the internet can provide, haha. I will return with further posts as soon as I get a good grip of ISTP!
    I 87%
    S 56%
    T 73%
    P 71%

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by kitsunegari View Post
    I'm just getting started here, I found out about this MBTI thing like last week and I havn't really gotten into it that well yet, though I am recently obsessing with it and reading everything that the internet can provide, haha. I will return with further posts as soon as I get a good grip of ISTP!

That's classic ISTP information gathering, btw.

Just another note on some things I saw here: I can really relate to the whole "eldest child" mentality despite being an only.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

yeah, I think only children are a strange combination of eldest child traits with a healthy heaping of youngest child traits. Almost like an exaggeration of both.

I hope you stick around, too. The istp-female population is pretty sparse around here!
    -end of thread-

Riva

I had a fling with a ISTP female a long time ago. Was very short and meaningless . I think that's when I realized I should get a F typed girl .

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I had a fling with a ISTP female a long time ago. Was very short and meaningless . I think that's when I realized I should get a F typed girl .
    awe, riva needs someone to help coax out his emotions.

jk.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I think a good test to see if a girl is ISTP would be to grab her ass in a public place. If she responds either by wordlessly carrying out physical violence to your person, or cooly threatening to do so, then you can be pretty confident that she's ISTP. If, however, she responds either by inviting you to drinks/lunch/dinner, reciprocally grabbing YOUR ass, or screaming and cursing at you, then she's either ESTP or ESFP. If she responds by screaming in general (i.e., not directed at anyone in particular), then she's probably an ExFx. And finally, if she responds by turning red in the face and walking away as quickly as possible, then she's probably an IxFx. Oh yeah, and if she glares at you and then runs to the nearest police officer/security guard, then she's probably an xSxJ.

Ah what the hell, I'm on a roll...if she responds by looking at you blankly or quizzically, then she's probably an INTP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i used to have a hard time picking out T females. but the more the familiar i've become with mbti and with typing people i know, the more i realize there are quite a few T females out there. however, because of the fact they grew up female, they don't always realize it in their own selves. emotions will play out more strangely with thinking women than with emotional woman.

with the ISTP females i know in real life, they don't necessarily lean towards sports and mechanical things like the males. though some do.

with one ISTP female in particular, due to SP, she's quite stylish. and because she grew up female, will attempt to be more empathetic than the male counterpart. when she was younger, she was quite the mean girl, however. but as she got older, she's become much nicer. she loves to knit, which she learned from her mother. also, she's very into doing a lot of other very cool hobbies. she joined a drumming circle class, learned to make granola's with her mom, is into photography, art, music. but unlike the ISFP, she's got a badass-ness to her. she's certainly not as vulnerable. and she's incredibly smart. definitely a Ti user, no doubt.

with another ISTP female i know, there's also a feminine quality to her, but not in the soft feeler sort of way. there's also a badass-ness to her. she certainly can hold her own. with both of these females, there's a lot of confidence in their self. and she's on of the top of her class and many of her teachers favorite in the science department at school. same with the first girl, she has interesting SP hobbies, like knitting and etc.

i think the biggest trait i've noticed amongst ISTP females is undeniable confidence. think angelina jolie. and because they are SP's, they are stylish as well. and due to Ti, they are very smart and succeed in school. the ones i know in real life aren't into computers and mechanical jobs like the males, but have other SP hobbies that can be found amongst any of the other SP's. because they are introverts, they are independent and won't steal the spotlight by being loud and talkative. there's definitely a cool-ness to them. some ISTP females can be mean girls... and i've crossed paths with that type as well, but many are very nice and sincere people, too.
    Thanks, this quote is making me rethink my ISFJ daughter . . . she can be a real mean girl . . . is becoming quite independent and enjoys the power she has over young men. She appears to be obedient at times and then does what she wants anyway. I'm beginning to think I've mistyped her.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think a good test to see if a girl is ISTP would be to grab her ass in a public place. If she responds either by wordlessly carrying out physical violence to your person, or cooly threatening to do so, then you can be pretty confident that she's ISTP. If, however, she responds either by inviting you to drinks/lunch/dinner, reciprocally grabbing YOUR ass, or screaming and cursing at you, then she's either ESTP or ESFP. If she responds by screaming in general (i.e., not directed at anyone in particular), then she's probably an ExFx. And finally, if she responds by turning red in the face and walking away as quickly as possible, then she's probably an IxFx. Oh yeah, and if she glares at you and then runs to the nearest police officer/security guard, then she's probably an xSxJ.

Ah what the hell, I'm on a roll...if she responds by looking at you blankly or quizzically, then she's probably an INTP.
    Wow how many asses do you grab in a week?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I think a good test to see if a girl is ISTP would be to grab her ass in a public place. If she responds either by wordlessly carrying out physical violence to your person, or cooly threatening to do so, then you can be pretty confident that she's ISTP.
    As soon as I read the 1st bit I pictured it and me kicking someones ass so I'd say this is a pretty accurate test bit risky though haha

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Default Another ISTP Female

So I read MC's self-description and just had to sign up and comment on how ridiculously similar we sound.
    For the record, I'm 26.

MC: I've always thought of myself as very logical.
    I can suppress feelings like no one else. They really tend to get in the way of life. They also lead to pain, which I try to avoid at all costs.
    I know I come off as a robot to plenty of people, but they don't know me very well and quite honestly I don't care to know them if they don't give me the benefit of the doubt (of having human feelings/emotions).

jnel: Oh. My. God. Yes. I'm also extremely logical. I don't think human emotions should be included in operational decisions. Though I work at a University and supervise student employees, which has definitely made me focus on how a decision might affect people who rely more on their emotions. I try to use that newfound skill to make a transition easier & engaging.l I have a friend who is an ESFJ; being my complete opposite, if I were to say something that he found personally insulting, he would tell it to me so that helped open my eyes. But it's still something I need to actively seek to include into my decision process.

In regards to pain, I respond to physical and emotional very differently. I almost welcome physical, because it makes me feel (did I just say feel?) connected to my body and the world. But emotional gets me all sorts of confused; I don't know how to control or channel most feelings, so I just try to turn them off.

MC comes off as a robot? One of my nicknames is "Cyborg", because I'm part human and part machine.

MC: I don't talk if I don't have anything to say. Many times I think I know too little about a topic to have any decent input, so I keep quiet. If I'm not informed I stfu.

jnel: Ditto. I don't speak up in meetings very often, because I'm usually absorbing, but also because I don't want to be a parrot and just repeat what someone else said.

MC: I'm nice to everyone until they annoy the shit out of me or I lose respect for them. After that I play nice until I don't have to anymore. And if they're on my bad side and ask for my opinion on something, I'll be so brutally honest...

jnel: If I don't sense a connection or level of respect with someone within a decent amount of time, I sort of dis-count them from my "list" of people I want to interact with (whether business or sports, etc). I'll be courteous to them but have trouble making eye contact with them, because I think they'll be able to see the death lasers I'm shooting them from my eyes.

MC: When I clash with superiors (so far just teachers in high school and college, no work bosses as of yet) - I tend to argue with them as peacefully as I can and try to force them to see my view, they end up hating me when I'm right. Here's an example...

jnel: I have some issues with confrontation due to some childhood family stuff (TMI, I know), so in the past I've shied away from it. I'm getting better at noticing and addressing the frustration I have with a comment or person. For example, our office is losing an amazing student employee who helped with the daily schedule of 3 dozen other student employees. Her responsibilities needed a new home. My boss suggested that it would be no problem for the person working under me to take them on. When my employee and I talked and determined taking all of these new responsibilities on would be detrimental rather than beneficial, we shared this with my boss, who basically accused my employee of not being a team player. It took almost all I had to not blow up in her face. Internally it felt like I would just blow hot air at her, I don't know what I would actually say.

MC: I'm not very athletic, although my coordination and balance are pretty good.

jnel: Ok, we differ here. I have bionic reflexes, excellent coordination & balance. I pick up the basics of sports and activities very quickly. I love getting bruises; they're my own 'battle scars' and I actually like it if they're visible.

MC: I like computer stuff - I worked at a help desk for 4.5 years and I'm a programmer now.

I majored in Math/Stats - hated most of the theory, loved the stats part with real life examples.

jnel: I built my own computer sophomore year of college, but when it comes to the software I get a bit more confused. Same thing with anatomy & physiology; I've been studying anatomy & prevention/care of injuries since I was like 8 years old. Taking those classes in college weren't "work". They were completely unrelated to my major (German, for some reason), and they were just so freaking fun and interesting.

Now that I'm in a work environment with a BA in German (which apparently makes me qualified for everything), I've gotten to tinker with some software and data (I love data BTW, I can spew random facts for days), I wish I'd taken some stats classes to better sift through all the info I have at work.

MC:Everything needs to have an ultimate goal and it must be clear. This is why I fail at girl-logic and manipulation, imo.

jnel: What's girl-logic? How is it different from regular logic?
    I suck at manipulation; it feels dirty and wrong. If I think something needs to be done and the person doesn't understand why, I explain my opinion on it and why it needs to be done. That usually does the trick.

MC: I'm really ok with routine. It helps me get things done. If I don't have deadlines, I'm horrible at doing anything.

jnel: I definitely need deadlines, otherwise I'll try and wring out every miscalculation and quirk in a program or process, and it'll never get done.

MC: I hardly stress out. I don't care about most things.

MC: I feel like many people put themselves in their own circumstances and they victimize themselves all too often.

jnel: Yep. Don't whine that you don't have enough money. Either look at your budget or get a 2nd job to get on track or plan for the future. Own up to your actions, good and bad.

MC: I don't really have a problem moving away from people or having them move away from me. I'm so unattached... It makes me pretty bad at networking, but it's made it easy to move to a new city after graduating from college. I feel kinda mean saying it, but I don't miss most of the friends I made. I didn't miss my friends from high school much either after I moved.

jnel: I agree mostly with this, however I have a core friend that moved from Minneapolis to Seattle. It was very hard for me; it felt like she'd died because we couldn't be in contact or hang out in person.

MC: I get along much better with men than I do with women. We just have more in common most of the time.

jnel: Yup. I just...I don't know, *get* guys that are in the same activities that I am. I'm still in contact with people I played pickup soccer with in college, but not my 3 of my 4 roommates from that same time. To me, guys seem to have that sense of adventure that I seek in my life. I signed up to do the Warrior Dash, and none of my girl friends, even the one that did the Insanity workout program, would sign up to do it.

MC: I have no religious attachment, I was brought up atheist surrounded by Catholics - and boy did they manage to piss me off a bunch of times by telling me I *HAD* to believe in something. (I don't HAVE to do anything, thanks!)

jnel: I tried soooo hard when I was younger to feel what my fellow youth seemed to feel about God and faith and trust at church. But I just didn't, and couldn't fake it anymore. My dad is still a bit down about it, but I've told him I don't want to feel like a fraud going.

MC: I like learning while I work. Once I reach a plateau - it becomes so freaking boring.

jnel: Yep. To the point where I'll just pick something random up and work on it.

MC: I have a really dry sense of humor and I don't really think it's particularly funny most of the time. I don't think it's very funny when other people crack dry jokes either.

jnel: Ditto.

MC: When you piss me off, it's best to leave me alone. For a long time. I'll get over it eventually.

jnel: Yup.

MC: When I was little I always wanted Hot Wheels, but they were meant for boys, so I never asked for them.

jnel: I had some barbies, but they were always on missions fighting dinosaurs.

MC: Sometimes I'm a thrill seeker. Skydiving, some travel adventure, going under LSU in the blocked off tunnels in the middle of the summer with friends...um, sometimes it's just a night of heavy drinking, which I don't do very often.

After I've spent time with a lot of people I take time afterwards to "recover" and be alone. Honestly, I could spend a lot more time by myself at my apartment, but then people might think I'm weirder than I am... Yes, I care about what other people think about me. I definitely have a superficial streak.

jnel: Yep, yep and yep. About spending time with other people vs. alone in my apartment, I've got to say I don't usually get lonely by myself. I usually find ways to entertain myself, and can sometimes feel more alone at a party than when it's just me and my laptop.

MC: In the past I was all about the functionality of clothes, but since I've had to get a real job and stuff, I've put a little more effort into dressing nicely. I'm all for comfort, although I have some stiletto heels now :P

jnel: The only way I shop is by looking at the mannequins and trying those items on. Othewise nothing will match. I absolutely hate shopping for clothes.

Anyone else want to chime in??