User Tag List

123 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Default Cognitive Function Results - ISTPs

ISTPs: please post your results to this cognitive functions test.

Here are the results from the INTJs.

Here are the results from the ENTPs.

Here are the results from the ISFPs.

Here are the results from the ENFPs.

Here are the results from the ISFJs.

Here are the results from the ENFJs.

Here are the results from the INFJs.

Here are the results from the INTPs.

Here are the results from the INFPs.

Here are the results from the ENTJs.

Here are the results from the ISTJs.

Here are the results from the ESFPs.

Here are the results from the ESFJs.

Here are the results from the ESTJs.

Here are the results from the ESTPs.

Thanks
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 01-04-2011 at 10:45 PM.

MBTI
    STP

I hit this question and dont like the test.

Compare an experience against a storehouse of familiar experiences to find what's reliable.
    This is the problem I see with all the tests I take. I identify with the beginning heavily, but the later not at all. I dont care about reliable and by the time I hit reliable I am bored. So what am I half of each since it applies "somewhat". This is where reasoning, gets screwed up with what people do on tests. WOOHOOO, the problem I see with MBTI. So what function do i use to do this, maybe I can learn how to get past that function and not face these issues.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post

This is the problem I see with all the tests I take. I identify with the beginning heavily, but the later not at all. I dont care about reliable and by the time I hit reliable I am bored. So what am I half of each since it applies "somewhat". This is where reasoning, gets screwed up with what people do on tests. WOOHOOO, the problem I see with MBTI. So what function do i use to do this, maybe I can learn how to get past that function and not face these issues.
    Umm, I would say that you need to look at the sentence holistically, not in parts.

They phrase the sentences very specifically on purpose.

You then compare your character to the holistic meaning of the sentence, and *bam* you're somewhere from a 1 to a 5 for Si.
    Last edited by Zarathustra; 01-01-2011 at 07:26 AM.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I agree. When I do identify with a question it is "At work I'm like that but not anywhere else" so what do I do with that? I don't like the questions very much. I found them situational specific but not general enough to define my behavior overall. They are vague. But here are my results.

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ********************************* (33.3)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************** (32.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.1)
    limited use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************************** (29.9)
    average use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.5)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************* (37.3)
    excellent use

I came out as ISFP.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Umm, I would say that you need to look at the sentence holistically, not just as parts.

They phrase the sentences very specifically on purpose.

You then compare your character to the holistic meaning of the sentence, and *bam* you're somewhere from a 1 to a 5 for Si.
    But I dont see how the begining part of that sentence is Si so wholistically answering as "somewhat or "3" gives a false inclination of cognition based on half the sentence. I already know what its looking for and I dont agree with the way the test goes about it. It took a question that was pegged for Pi and added single word to make it Si, then asked how much you agree with it. Lets see, I agree with the first part 100% which is 5 for Pi, then I agree with the end 0% which means that my Si score is 3. Look at that accuracy.

Anyway I have no clue how they score the test, so really until I can see how its scored the accuracy is inconclusive for me. Hopefully the person who created it looked beyond simple "cognition" when designing this test and actually looked at the "range" of cognitions and groupings that play into each question. Could you imagine the cmplexity of that system on a hollistic level having to seperate it all out.

It wouldnt bother me, but I face this problem alot with these tests, not just Si. I agree with half the statement.

MBTI
    STP

Yes some questions are situation based and I dont know how to answer those either. Here is my "hollistic" attempt to answer based on the questions. I answered the above question as 3 since I met half of it and not the other half and followed that approach through the whole thing.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************* (33.4)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.9)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************************** (47.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************* (13.6)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26)
    average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

MBTI
    STP

And just to nitpick somemore since this is where this type of nitpicking is heard the best

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework. Detaching to study a situation from different angles and fit it to a theory, framework or principle. Checking for accuracy. Using leverage to solve the problem.
    I agree with "Gaining leverage (influence) using a framework", but the last half I am backwards in that I understand a framework, theory, or principle and apply it to a current situation. This must have been defined by an Ne and Ti:rolli:

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

^^^^I did not understand what that question was asking at all. I had a hard time with the word "leverage". I said "Not me" because I was confused with the question itself. I say boycott this test. LOL.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    ^^^^I did not understand what that question was asking at all. I had a hard time with the word "leverage". I said "Not me" because I was confused with the question itself. I say boycott this test. LOL.
    Are you INTP?

What question/statement had the word leverage? It is what you gain, when you have a lever(sp?) to help you do work. It usually has a fulcrum for the pivot point. BOYCOTT ALL TESTS, except for the comical satire ones, those are always allowed.

edit: maybe always has a fulcrum, dont want to try and figure out if its possible to not, but right now I say "always have a fulcrum until proven otherwise"....same as "maybe"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post

Lenore in Personality Type sez Se isn't as wild and crazy as seemingly we here all suppose. The people in which Se is prominent may be wild and crazy, but the function itself isn't random. It seems that when one goes off on an extroverted sensing jaunt, one still prefers to start somewhere known. Every sensation isn't interesting, it seems. Sensation that expands on or develops from familiar starting points is. The attention of the function is certainly not on the familiar, but the familiar has some role, apparently.

So, I guess, the question is meant to speak to people for whom Si is important, but it happens to include some points that can be a bit familiar for Se people.

One might well conclude that while these tests do give results indicating some amount of usage of all functions, many of those results are false positives.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr