• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you show you like someone?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So...how do you show you like someone?
spesially you ESFPs
And you Introverted feelers.

And Please... show your MBTI score.

:)

Me?
Looking into your eyes, touch if i dare, Saying the truth if its not too cheesy.

If your capable of answering about love too.. please do.. :)

gromit

likes this
Thinking of nice things to do for the person, touching, spending time with the person, that kind of thing.

If I loved someone, I would say 'I love you'.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I spend time with a person that I like. I listen to them, laugh with them, cry with them. I might give them a little gift, such as some home baked cookies. And I might just tell them that I like them.
edit: how could I forget... hugs... backrubs... I like to do that sort of touch with people I like.

Last edited:

Sunny Ghost

i'm always really bad about that sort of thing... we're talking pre-relationship liking someone right? not established relationship, liking?

i'm always a bit bashful when i like someone. :blush: however, get me liquored, and i'll just be bluntly honest and say, "hey... i like you."

if you're someone i'm comfortable with, but like, i might just joke with them more often, maybe randomly message them via facebook or text to make them laugh. and then wait for them to ask me out. somehow, this works... :shrug:

i've only been in love once... and in those instances, i'd show him i loved him by randomly reaching over and kissing him or hugging him... a lot of the time, unexpectedly. or just randomly saying, "hey! i love you." i'd sometimes make little gifts, like origami, or a special meal, or little cards and notes or drawings.

with an ESFJ i dated, i used to pick a flower nearly every day to give to him. he always liked it, too, though he's a male. haha.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
not that you care what I think, since I'm not an introverted feeler in the least, but it's in my section here so dammit, I'll answer it :thelook:

I tend to tell people if I like them... i find that it simplifies life a bit, and my life doesn't need to be more complicated than it already is :unsure:

I also try to make excuses to spend time with them and I actually listen when they talk :yes:

ESTP, for those unaware here!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
not that you care what I think, since I'm not an introverted feeler in the least, but it's in my section here so dammit, I'll answer it :thelook:

I tend to tell people if I like them... i find that it simplifies life a bit, and my life doesn't need to be more complicated than it already is :unsure:

I also try to make excuses to spend time with them and I actually listen when they talk :yes:

ESTP, for those unaware here!

:yes: ISTP for those unaware

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ESFP friend likes to play/control the flirting when there is distance (texts, etc). In person, she becomes much less bold and prefers the object of her affection to initiate. I cannot say how much she likes these guys or not. She seems to adopt different strategies with different guys. Alternating shy or aggressive but always fun and playful.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My ESFP friend likes to play/control the flirting when there is distance (texts, etc). In person, she becomes much less bold and prefers the object of her affection to initiate. I cannot say how much she likes these guys or not.
The mode of operating seems equal to what im exposed to. Aggessive on text. seems too afraid to touch the same topic in person. Im way more balanced there.

actually i have no idea if shes flirting with me in person. Or on text. But she has a interest in me tho ..initiates talk on facebook alot. sometimes asks for secrets. asks me what im thinking about alot. sometime she tells me suddenly a secret i did not ask about or had foreseen.. she just drops bombs on me really.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
May an ISFJ response to this thread? This is in the SP section so I thought I'd ask first :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I give you permission to post... after all, my response was unsolicited as well and I shared it anyways :cool:

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm actually pretty forward if I like someone. With my husband, after chatting with him at the gym for about three weeks I finally got the guts to ask if he wanted to actually hang out outside the gym (silly really, considering we were friends in HS).... We pretty well ended up chatting on the phone every night since then and it was for rather long periods of time. The first night he was like "What time is it, I should probably be getting to bed..." I told him I didn't want to tell him because he'd freak... It was close to 1 AM and we both had to get up early and go to work. :smile: That happened like every night since we exchanged phone numbers. Anyway, to get back on point... I tend to give a lot of compliments if I like someone. I also like to do things for them to help them out. Or, if I know that they like something I try and get it for them or make it for them (like cookies or whatever). Small stuff that is, I'd never run out and buy someone I liked an XBox or something that expensive just because they liked it. :tongue:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Be attentive, be, be attentive!!!

Then, the next, bolder step would be...

Be suggestive, be, be suggestive!!!

;)

P.S. Mister Original poster, you're adorable. :wub:

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In general, smile and talk to them, pay attention to detail and knowing when to pee or get off the pot

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I give you permission to post... after all, my response was unsolicited as well and I shared it anyways :cool:

Yes, please.
Asking first was so kind and thoughtful.
Hugs to you and happy new year!!!

Thanks you two. I hope the both of you had a Happy New Year :wubbie:

I'm a little embarrassed to admit but I've been so preoccupied with other things I forgot about this thread :blush:

To answer the OP then as an Introverted Feeler...

If I'm interested in you, I'll usually try to find myself in a position to where I can talk to you for a length of time. As we're chatting I'll usually (very politely) ask you some personal questions so that I can feel you out and see what sort of person you are as the whole time I'm taking notes in my head and letting my Si-memory-bank draw association with past people I've dealt with. This is to help me get a picture of who you are.

Usually I'll make some off handed remark about your boyfriend at some point in the conversation. The reason for this is because while I'm only partially because I'm interested in knowing about your B/F, mostly I'm just fishing to see if you have a boyfriend. Whether or not you do determines how I behave toward henceforth.

If you do, then I'll continue to be very nice and polite but strictly from a platonic position as I feel it's inappropriate to display interest in a woman who is quote-unquote "taken"

If you don't though, then as I'm talking to you I'll slip in some compliments that may or may not be considered "flirting". I don't because the overtones that I try to put off are not overtly sexual. I might say things like,

"I know you don't think very highly of your highlights, but I think they suit you very well. You look very beautiful the way you are."

or

"I can't say I'm surprised that you're taking [insert college class/training course/whatever thing you have to practice at]. You strike me as someone really talented (or very strong or very intelligent, depending on what was said)"

or even

"I can tell you why everyone likes you, you're a lot of fun to be around. I love talking to you."

I actually try to be a little obvious as, to be frank, I'm not really good at ambiguity. How she responds determines how I proceed from there. If it seems like I'm making her uncomfortable or that she's not interested, then I'll back off. If she seems to respond well to it....then I'll keep going and see what happens :cheese:

When I do flirt with women, my goal is to make them feel better about themselves. My problem has been however that I have a hard time expressing myself sexually as I get really self-conscious and when I'm in a situation like that. Some women seem to respond well to that and...others don't. :shrug:

I don't know how much I different from my ISFP cousins but...there you go.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Be attentive, be, be attentive!!!

Then, the next, bolder step would be...

Be suggestive, be, be suggestive!!!

;)

P.S. Mister Original poster, you're adorable. :wub:

a womens advice is something you can never trust when trying to deal with other women.