User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 40

  1. #21
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    lol maybe he just doens't want to talk about emotional things with you :P

    It is kind of surprising though that my ISTP brother actually seems to operate with more ease when there's one of those intense emotional bonding moments between us. I sort of just freeze up out of being overwhelmed by emotion. It's kind of weird. There's seems to be a flip sometimes in our relationship where he acts more like the feeler and I act more like the thinker.

    Btw mundane is disgusting. Revolting. Horrible. I hope I never go on about mundane things.

    ETA: I love your avatar
    Sunshine, you're back?!

    You might be right that it's just me, I suppose, although I have trouble imagining him being emotional with the other people he's remotely close with either (male best friend, sister, mom, dad). Not to say it couldn't happen. He's just very...stoic, I guess. Or just quiet enough that he seems stoic. I'm definitely more "emotion-showing" than him - I'm still not sure whether he actually doesn't feel extreme emotions often or if he just doesn't want to share them. I would assume Fi would tend to the latter.

    It's just what you say though, that we switch and I feel like I'm the feeler somehow...I always figured it was a male-female/socialization thing, but it's interesting that you see the same thing with your brother.
    -end of thread-

  2. #22
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm still not sure whether he actually doesn't feel extreme emotions often or if he just doesn't want to share them. I would assume Fi would tend to the latter.
    I feel "extreme" emotions alright. I just don't show them all too often in real life or that I limit them. Could be the case with your ISFP.

    I would say the best way to describe it is that I keep my emotions under control.

  3. #23
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    I feel "extreme" emotions alright. I just don't show them all too often in real life or that I limit them. Could be the case with your ISFP.

    I would say the best way to describe it is that I keep my emotions under control.
    i think this fits in with the whole, too cool for school ISFP attitude a lot of us radiate. we have a great depth of emotions... but i suppose because it's our daily reality, we learn to suppress them on the outside at least.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  4. #24
    Senior Member Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Sunshine, you're back?!

    You might be right that it's just me, I suppose, although I have trouble imagining him being emotional with the other people he's remotely close with either (male best friend, sister, mom, dad). Not to say it couldn't happen. He's just very...stoic, I guess. Or just quiet enough that he seems stoic. I'm definitely more "emotion-showing" than him - I'm still not sure whether he actually doesn't feel extreme emotions often or if he just doesn't want to share them. I would assume Fi would tend to the latter.

    It's just what you say though, that we switch and I feel like I'm the feeler somehow...I always figured it was a male-female/socialization thing, but it's interesting that you see the same thing with your brother.
    Oh you were talking about your boyfriend. Hrmp. Yeah I dunno. Honestly that strikes me as kind of strange. Maybe you're right and it has to do with male socialization.

    Yeah heh I'm back ....for a while....
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

  5. #25
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    This is what finally convinced me that I am truly not an isfp. I never suppress any of my emotions. I can't. When I try to, I must make a terrible face because people say, "What's the matter?" I am completely unable to give off that poker face unless I am playing a game, such as Rummy Jack, and, then, I can hide my feelings really well. No one can guess my next move.

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i think this fits in with the whole, too cool for school ISFP attitude a lot of us radiate. we have a great depth of emotions... but i suppose because it's our daily reality, we learn to suppress them on the outside at least.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  6. #26
    Member Serenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    75

    Default

    My S/N is really close soo...

    Upon first getting to know someone, I find that I enjoy Listening to them.. In a group, I may just sit quietly and observe/listen to how that person socializes with others to understand them a bit more & what they may be like. Then when we're alone, I'd ask them random questions to get a better understanding as well. I'm usually always friendly too and try to joke a lot to loosen the other person up and break the ice between us. I really like it when someone can give me a different view on things without being arrogant about it.. it makes me go 'wow, interesting.. never thought of it that way.' and when I like someone I just enjoy listening to what they've been up to/doing.

    A friend told me, that I ask questions a lot, and yet I usually don't answer them myself lol. I think that's true, because if not directly asked a question back, I will not openly share and elaborate as much(since they don't seem interested enough).. although I may return some thought after I get to hear the other person's view first (because it gives me more knowledge on how they may perceive what I'm going to share in return, and that's a bit more comforting to be able to predict their reaction). Soo that's probably why I usually keep ideas/personal things to myself more, because if I don't know someone well enough.. I'm afraid they may react badly to what I may share & it can cause bad feelings!

    So when I'm with friends I've known for a time, comfortable with, or close to... I can be a total chatterbox, bouncy, and fun lol. I've also had friends that thought something was wrong/bothering me when I wasn't talking because once I got to know them well, I talk a lot. My friends also call me random... I sort of flutter from one idea to another and back again sometimes, because when w/e interesting comes to my mind regarding the subject we are talking about, I'll just blurt it out too.. and then we may go off on the tangent.. and then we wonder what we were talking about in the first place lol. But to me, it makes sense/flows and I never thought of it being random.... until friends point it out to me that I keep changing the subject. (I also randomly change topics or ask abrupt questions on purpose sometimes to steer the conversation elsewhere if I view it going somewhere uncomfortable).

    I put a lot of importance on trying not to intrude and hurt other people in what I say/talk about with others.. so to people that hardly know me, I can be very friendly but somewhat distant as well. With closer friends, because I trust them enough, I can share my thoughts more often without being afraid of negative feelings it may cause and be more honest.
    "You may be one person to the world, but to one person you may be the world."

  7. #27
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    I suck at communicating, usually by the time I think of something interesting to say the conversation has moved on to something else.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  8. #28
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Yeah, I find trying to get more in an Se mode, versus Fi mode helps. But it's not something one can do consciously. I find alcohol helps.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I suck at communicating, usually by the time I think of something interesting to say the conversation has moved on to something else.
    I just say it anyway, even hours on. I've become known for it.

  10. #30
    That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram
    2
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    ISFP's have a tendency to be more spontaneous, impulsive, live without considering the consequences (ex. take off middle of the night to drive hours away to the mountains to watch a sunrise, though they have to work in the morning. it might be an extreme example... but i did this and have other examples of similar behavior.) they are also often considered child-like, are very playful and silly at times. sometimes perceived as not taking life seriously. (though it's definitely not the case.) also, though we may feel very strongly about our ideals, ethics, or spiritual or philosophical pursuits, we often have a hard time defending our opinions to others, or explaining them out clearly. this often leads to us feeling inferior or dumb, making us insecure.

    INFP's on the other hand, are typically more restrained and come off much more mature. they can be goofy and theatrical at times, but don't compare to the ISFP's level of playfulness. they are more likely to consider the consequences of their behavior. (i.e. tend to be less spontaneous. will be mindful of the fact they have to work in the morning, and therefore will not go out to a party and drink the night before.) they tend to be great with their words, and can write the most beautiful poetry, or will clearly explain out their ideals or philosophy's on life.


    any of that help?
    I've been trying to figure out my I?FP. He says that he thinks about the consequences of everything that he does and knows when he is making an irresponsible decision, but does it anyway. He is artistic and philosophical. Playful at times, reserved at others. I have no idea.

    I think it would be hard to tell the difference between an ISFP and INFP based on communication style alone. I would image they are largely the same.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

    Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] Are you an ISFP male and in LOVE?
    By floral87 in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2016, 08:54 AM
  2. [ISFP] ISFP's and disturbing art
    By greenfairy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 05:11 PM
  3. [ISFP] ISFP specific - art and communication
    By KDude in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 07:03 PM
  4. [ISFP] ISFP females and children
    By KLessard in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:23 PM
  5. [ISFP] Help with my ISFP son and school!
    By Lambchop in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 10:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO