User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

wow this isn't what I expected when my first search................."kids" came up with.

until recently I thought I was an ISTP, and I have always wanted kids but knew the "perfect" partner would be important for me to jump into a unselfish lifestyle change.

as for the planned parenting discussion.......... use condoms w/spermicide

100% effective for us, 3 kids all planned. ok maybe the last one was timing

cheers

My step-brother is an ISTP and he wants kids... but probably only one he says.... and not until he's mature enough he says... (He'll be 31.) I'm guessing he's aiming to have one by 40-ish, but we'll see. He loves being the independent kid that he is.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    My step-brother is an ISTP and he wants kids... but probably only one he says.... and not until he's mature enough he says... (He'll be 31.) I'm guessing he's aiming to have one by 40-ish, but we'll see. He loves being the independent kid that he is.
    lots of time..........I was a first time dad at 37, 3rd(last one) at 43. my only regret is not meeting my wife sooner in life's journey.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5sp

I absolutely do not want children. I do not think babies are cute or kids are fun. Some are okay, like some adults are okay, but I have no use for most of them.
    The #1 reason people have children is because - surprise, it was an accident. Maybe they'd eventually decide to have children, but not right then and if they knew any better, not with the baby's mother/father. Other, even more ridiculous reasons, are better left for their own thread. This is one of few topics I am really passionate about.
    I got my smile from the sunshine,
    I got my tears from the rain.
    I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance,
    And a peacock taught me to be vain.
    A little owl in a tree so high,
    He taught me how to wink my eye.
    I learned to bill and coo from a turtledove,
    And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
    But the guy that lived two caves from me,
    He taught me how to love.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Maybe. But I think it will be too late by the time I find everything in life that I think would make a good life for the kids. I started out slow lol.......and wasted a lot of time. I'm a few years behind everyone else.
    I think kids would be good for me in a lot of ways. But I probably won't have them......

They seem like a lot of work, time, and energy, and I am mostly self-absorbed right now. By the time I can take a breath, it will probably be too late.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

The thread title sounds like the opener to a kick in the nuts
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I *love* kids. Don't think I want any of my own though. I used to want three, but life experiences made me change my mind. I'm open to more life experiences that convince my to change my mind/hone my preferences more though.

I have a fuck ton of cousins in a close kint extended family though, so right now I'd be happy just being the fun auntie.

(And it goes without saying, but I'll reinterate it anyway, don't think it has anything to do with ISTP-ness.)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Nope, don't want kids. I wouldn't mind skipping the kids part and going straight to grandkids, but that's it. Hang out with them,buy um loud toys and ice cream, give um back.
    I can relate to the post earlier about not being a good roll model, but being told once and awhile that I am. Don't see it.
    On another note, I don't really like the term "accidental" for pregnancies. They are almost all "on purposes". You didn't "accidentally" bump into the person,and oops you're pregnant. Unplanned or unexpected pregnancy is a more reasonable term. Every other part of the conception was on purpose. (most of the time).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

Permabanned

I wouldn't want kids at this stage of my life, but after seeing my sisters kid I think I might reconsider in my late 30's. As for ISTPs we just want our freedom and independence that's it, it's defiantly limited when you have kids so a stable income/job and enough life experience would change an ISTP's mind.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Recall:
    Quote Originally Posted by tayto View Post
    Well it turns out he doesn't want kids afterall...You poor emotional retard...
    I'm in my mid-30's and I don't want kids. I hate dealing with emotions. If I married someone who wanted them, I would within limits: no more than two. I'd like to believe that I would be a good father...

Yes, I am selfish, and occasionally lazy. No, I don't buy the over population arguement. There is some good info in here if you can overlook certain button pushers.