User Tag List

First 45678 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Surely his claim that "most of us are created accidentally" was hyperbole. Of course there is nowhere on Earth where 100% of births, or even the majority, were the result of unwanted pregnancy. That said, the U.S. does have a ridiculous rate (I believe it's something like 49% of all pregnancies, with nearly half of those resulting in childbirth.) Also, of the 49% of unwanted pregnancies that occur, something like 44% of those are reported to have occurred while using contraceptives.

Clearly, contraceptives are not all they're cracked up to be...
    Good lord, seriously? I'm puzzled because even 1/4 of all pregnancies being accidental pill/IUD/hormonal BC babies seems far, far too many for their failure rate. That number must include contraceptives like condoms (probably improperly used/broken) or diaphragms alone? Or the rhythm method/withdrawal? Maybe crossing your fingers and praying?

I guess I can revise my statement to "take effective birth control". I don't count condoms as birth control, actually. Failure rate's too high, especially improperly used. They're more useful for an added protection bonus.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Who knew the subject of children could cause the normally so cool and collected ISTPs to go so crazy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    My ISTP views children as parasites.

T'was the reason why we eventually split.

He has good point thurr

MBTI
    ISTP

I cant say no 100%, but right now it's 90% sure I don't want them. I love my freedom to much and I can't put my kid through that. I love the freedom of being able to go anywhere or do anything even if I don't go or do.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    My ISTP views children as parasites.

T'was the reason why we eventually split.

Parasite: A (generally undesirable) living organism that exists by stealing the resources produced/collected by another living organism.

Child: A (generally undesirable) living organism that exists by stealing the resources produced/collected by another living organism.

I see no problem here.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    What kind of horrible world do you live in? You said you don't know a single child who was planned which is completely....insane.

Birth control works 99+% of the time when you take it properly, and combining 2 methods gives protection well above that. That means accidents certainly can happen but the birth rate is not anywhere near low enough for all children to be accidents....

I don't think people who don't want to be parents should be parents. They're usually bad at it, although sometimes they can fake it well enough.
    Well, I was an accident. I think most people do want to have kids but generally they want them later rather than sooner. I honestly don't know anyone close to me who has planned a pregnancy, that isn't to say the children were not then wanted.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Good lord, seriously? I'm puzzled because even 1/4 of all pregnancies being accidental pill/IUD/hormonal BC babies seems far, far too many for their failure rate. That number must include contraceptives like condoms (probably improperly used/broken) or diaphragms alone? Or the rhythm method/withdrawal? Maybe crossing your fingers and praying?

I guess I can revise my statement to "take effective birth control". I don't count condoms as birth control, actually. Failure rate's too high, especially improperly used. They're more useful for an added protection bonus.
    Yeah, half of ALL women with unintended pregnancies (which amounts to about a quarter of all pregnancies) reported that they became pregnant while they were taking birth control.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by babbygirlk View Post
    I cant say no 100%, but right now it's 90% sure I don't want them. I love my freedom to much and I can't put my kid through that. I love the freedom of being able to go anywhere or do anything even if I don't go or do.
    Yeah that's it. Just knowing you can. The only way I can cope is by telling myself I probably wouldn't have gone or done anyway cos I couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Eventhough I know damn well I would have gone to thailand for a year a few years back when a few of my friends did. But I would have probably ended up in prison over there, cos I was a lunatic, so it's just as well I stayed here.

For the pill to be effective you have to be a certain type of person I think. The type of person who can actually remember to take the thing at the same time every day. It's alot harder than you'd think.

MBTI
    ISTP

Failure rate for anything is pretty high when improperly used. That said, I have never had a condom break on me. Also, if you have any kind of sensory awareness, you'll know if the thing is slipping.