User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 77

  1. #21
    Senior Member countrygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    723

    Default

    yes they are emotional retards.

    4w5

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    8

    Default

    As an ISTP male, (95% I), I have no desire to have children. Most of the ISTP's I know share my view point as well. Even if we like other peoples kids, we notice how much work it is from observation. Fact is we know that already. When new parents yack about all the work, were like "you didnt see that coming?" We would have no alone time to chill. Raising kids looks stressful.

    And what about worldwide over POPULATION? As 'realist' ISTP's see this loud and clear. Hello breeders...there are too many people on the planet.

    Although most ISTP's would do everything possible to be good parent, given a choice most would pass. I am very in touch with people close to me, and very personable with these people, so I would make a good dad, but have no desire for fatherhood. This makes relationships almost impossible - I can date younger women that actually don't know if they want children or go for ones my age that have kids already. When ever I meet someone childless my age, seems her first question is do I want kids - instant deal breaker for both.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
    As an ISTP male, (95% I), I have no desire to have children. Most of the ISTP's I know share my view point as well. Even if we like other peoples kids, we notice how much work it is from observation. Fact is we know that already. When new parents yack about all the work, were like "you didnt see that coming?" We would have no alone time to chill. Raising kids looks stressful.

    And what about worldwide over POPULATION? As 'realist' ISTP's see this loud and clear. Hello breeders...there are too many people on the planet.

    Although most ISTP's would do everything possible to be good parent, given a choice most would pass. I am very in touch with people close to me, and very personable with these people, so I would make a good dad, but have no desire for fatherhood. This makes relationships almost impossible - I can date younger women that actually don't know if they want children or go for ones my age that have kids already. When ever I meet someone childless my age, seems her first question is do I want kids - instant deal breaker for both.
    Lazy ass

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    8

    Default

    "Lazy ass"..? name calling....You funny.

    ISTP's need space. You unfortunately dont understand that yet.

    If it weren't for ISTP's, modern technology would not exist, hows that for being lazy?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
    "Lazy ass"..? name calling....You funny.

    ISTP's need space. You unfortunately dont understand that yet.

    If it weren't for ISTP's, modern technology would not exist, hows that for being lazy?
    Just passing a judgement based on what you typed and INTPs claim the field of creation.

    Also if you look at what you wrote, its almost 100% based on fear which you blame on who you are. Do you run from everything your afraid of?

    Run forest run...feel like being a "brat" and a smart ass Its part of my upbringing.

    One day I will understand ISTPs, its a work in progress right now though.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    8

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Just passing a judgement based on what you typed and INTPs claim the field of creation.

    Also if you look at what you wrote, its almost 100% based on fear which you blame on who you are. Do you run from everything your afraid of?

    Run forest run...feel like being a "brat" and a smart ass Its part of my upbringing.

    One day I will understand ISTPs, its a work in progress right now though.
    Its funny. Like you said, you realy dont get it. ISTP's look at what others call 'fear', in the eye,.........with ease. We dont have fear, we have likes and dislikes. Not knowing what you like or dislike is what some like you, perceive as fear.

    Extremes sports gurus, entrepreneur ect, many are ISTP's, fearless types. As far as creators (engineers, craftsmen , trades) they are both ISTP's and INTP's. Deep inside, were always one step ahead too.

    I appreciate a good smart ass comment, but obviously your afraid of ISTPs. You react and point like an adolescent, trying to make a scene because your afraid of the unknown, unable to see through it, like many brats I guess.

    This original thread was not for your childish amusement. Someone just wanted some info. I guess that's beyond some peoples comprehensive abilities.

    So tell us, what did your 'dirty uncle' do to you that makes you so negative to others?

  7. #27
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
    Its funny. Like you said, you realy dont get it. ISTP's look at what others call 'fear', in the eye,.........with ease. We dont have fear, we have likes and dislikes. Not knowing what you like or dislike is what some like you, perceive as fear.

    Extremes sports gurus, entrepreneur ect, many are ISTP's, fearless types. As far as creators (engineers, craftsmen , trades) they are both ISTP's and INTP's. Deep inside, were always one step ahead too.

    I appreciate a good smart ass comment, but obviously your afraid of ISTPs. You react and point like an adolescent, trying to make a scene because your afraid of the unknown, unable to see through it, like many brats I guess.

    This original thread was not for your childish amusement. Someone just wanted some info. I guess that's beyond some peoples comprehensive abilities.

    So tell us, what did your 'dirty uncle' do to you that makes you so negative to others?
    You contradict yourself about not being lazy, saying ISTP's are responsible for building modern technology, but yet you don't want kids because it's "too stressful" and you want to "chill". So, I hear part of your message and say I agree that the ISTP is not lazy because they wouldn't sit around, they'd build modern technology.

    Moreover, the SP's that I know, would welcome the idea of having kids, if they were in a decent relationship. I believe it would be very rewarding to finally give enough of oneself to something and see the fruit of it grow right before ones eyes. I don't see how one would ever be bored again.

    I believe Poki's assessment is logical... it's 'fear' that consumes you.

    P.S., I crossed out the illogical emo statements. They may define a nilly willy, but they do not define poki or ISTP's as a whole.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
    Its funny. Like you said, you realy dont get it. ISTP's look at what others call 'fear', in the eye,.........with ease. We dont have fear, we have likes and dislikes. Not knowing what you like or dislike is what some like you, perceive as fear.

    Extremes sports gurus, entrepreneur ect, many are ISTP's, fearless types. As far as creators (engineers, craftsmen , trades) they are both ISTP's and INTP's. Deep inside, were always one step ahead too.

    I appreciate a good smart ass comment, but obviously your afraid of ISTPs. You react and point like an adolescent, trying to make a scene because your afraid of the unknown, unable to see through it, like many brats I guess.

    This original thread was not for your childish amusement. Someone just wanted some info. I guess that's beyond some peoples comprehensive abilities.

    So tell us, what did your 'dirty uncle' do to you that makes you so negative to others?
    This whole forum is for my childish amusement. Why would you supress my type like that. Are you hear to even learn about type?

    I am actually very slow at comprehending things and you may want to type slowly or you may lose me.

    You dont even want to know what my "dirty uncle" did. Its actually considered child abuse, I was to young to know any better or even do anything about it. Its stopped in his old age though luckily.

    Im done having fun...later


    edit: ok, I actually feel bad for it...blame it on stupid inferior Fe

  9. #29
    Senior Member countrygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
    As an ISTP male, (95% I), I have no desire to have children. Most of the ISTP's I know share my view point as well. Even if we like other peoples kids, we notice how much work it is from observation. Fact is we know that already. When new parents yack about all the work, were like "you didnt see that coming?" We would have no alone time to chill. Raising kids looks stressful.

    And what about worldwide over POPULATION? As 'realist' ISTP's see this loud and clear. Hello breeders...there are too many people on the planet.

    Although most ISTP's would do everything possible to be good parent, given a choice most would pass. I am very in touch with people close to me, and very personable with these people, so I would make a good dad, but have no desire for fatherhood. This makes relationships almost impossible - I can date younger women that actually don't know if they want children or go for ones my age that have kids already. When ever I meet someone childless my age, seems her first question is do I want kids - instant deal breaker for both.
    I agree that raising children is stressful but as I have discovered for myself, it's because of my own fears about raising them. As for my ISTP husband, having space and three children is about finding balance. When the children are young (6/7 years old and under) we felt that they came first and we both sacrificed our space for them. Me more so and only because I'm the primary caregiver (somebody has to work to pay the bills).

    Given the choice, my ISTP husband decided that he wanted 3 children when he was a teenager. He also is a 'realist' and understands that the world is overpopulated or so he keeps telling me. ;D

    That being said, it is better to know yourself and decide whether or not you want children before you have them so my hats off to you for your stance in life.
    4w5

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I agree that raising children is stressful but as I have discovered for myself, it's because of my own fears about raising them. As for my ISTP husband, having space and three children is about finding balance. When the children are young (6/7 years old and under) we felt that they came first and we both sacrificed our space for them. Me more so and only because I'm the primary caregiver (somebody has to work to pay the bills).

    Given the choice, my ISTP husband decided that he wanted 3 children when he was a teenager. He also is a 'realist' and understands that the world is overpopulated or so he keeps telling me. ;D

    That being said, it is better to know yourself and decide whether or not you want children before you have them so my hats off to you for your stance in life.
    Yes, that balance is hard to find and is what I struggle with the most. My son is extremely attached to me at my hips, actually literally as he is always hanging on my arm, or my leg, or sitting on my foot and he is 6. He is becoming much better these days at helping me balance that space and having his own play time and "us" time. The more stressful life becomes the more space I need or the more irritable I become. I never did decide on how many children I wanted, I just knew one day that I wanted children. Our first one was a miscarriage pretty early on and my wife didnt even know how hard I took it until a year or so later because I had to be the strong one, be the positive one. We stopped at one because financially we couldnt achieve our goals with more then one. The childcare alone was about $1000 a month for the first six months. Things went downhill and the last couple years I wasnt confident enough in our relationship and how things went with the first to have another. More is not out of the question though.

Similar Threads

  1. [NF] NF women, do you want kids?
    By INTPness in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 08:30 PM
  2. [ISTP] ISTP lifestyles.... do you combine quality and frugalness?
    By Intricate Mystic in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
  3. [NT] NT women - do you want kids?
    By INTPness in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-29-2010, 12:39 AM
  4. What do you want!?
    By Littlelostnf in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 03:42 PM
  5. Where do you want me to stick this?
    By Oberon in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO