User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

ISTPs can have difficulty clearly expressing when want things. It can be hard to distinguish between the things they really want and the things they could go either way about because they're just so easy-going.
    yeah. my istp said that he was open to it, but not set on it. he used to think that all girls were esfjs, so he said he would assume she would push for it and he would oblige.

MBTI
    STP

Im not for or against right now because of my past situation with my current litle one. It had nothing to do with my son, but the family situation just wasnt what I wanted or signed up for.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    I don't think whether you want kids or not is characterized by your type, it all depends on whether you are ready and mature enough to deal with it. That's really the bottom line.
    I don't think so: tons of peoples want childs despite they are not mature enough to deal with it, and tons others are ables but don't want child because they are basically too selfish to care about another person than them.

I'm not sure if I'alm an ISTP or not, but yes,sometimes, I would like kids, like 5 or 6, but not immediately of course. Maybe in a few years.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't want kids.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP

an ISTP wanting kids? I think you are mistyping your boyfriend.

ISTP is one of the least likely types to be open to kids, but they will go along with it if their mate wants one.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think "wanting kids" is at all grounds to doubt ISTP (certainly not any more than "not wanting kids" is grounds to doubt ENFP). Several of the istps on this board have kids, and most of the rest are in their early-to-mid 20s as I recall (i.e. way too early for most somewhat-educated people to have kids). And most are male besides, which seems to tend towards "not wanting" at least in the younger years.

And many, many here have mentioned ISTP parents, who presumably wanted kids at some point.

Many people want or don't want kids. I doubt it's very type related, although type certainly will influence (not determine) the kind of parent you wish to be.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP

ISTP's are liable to have kids just out of pure reluctance to use protection.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    STP

um...besides wanting kids..."I AM NOT NOR HAVE I EVER HAVE BEEN A GOOD ROLE MODEL!!!!!!" Joke and play way to much at inappropriate times. Its fun to make uptight people...well...uptight. For some reason people always look up to me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I never thought that if I didn't have kids that my life would be lacking anything. I've also thought that if I met someone that amazing and he needed that then I could have a kid. I'm in my 30's now and I prefer dating people who already have children of their own through a previous relationship or marriage. That works out because at my age I don't prefer to have kids of my own. And there's plenty of single dads out there who don't want any more themselves. Works out well.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Well it turns out he doesn't want kids afterall. Phew! He was just talking shit when he said he wanted a family. He was absorbed in watching the second season of dexter when he blurted that out and cos he related to the character so much, I think he thought for a moment that a quaint little family life was what he wanted. Plus we were fighting alot at the time. My kid had a few of her friends sleep over and the noise they made put him off kids for life.

I'd also like to add, for the sake of any enfp's out there in turmoil that he finally realised he loves me. After 5 years! Ha ha, you istp's are retarded! I say that with love so don't get offended. He was in the middle of a poker game and it hit him like a tone of bricks and he ran (yes actually ran) up the road to tell me at 6 o' clock in the morning. Ha ha, he burst in the door and said he loved me about 17 times. I was like "you're only copping on to that now? You poor emotional retard, I knew you loved me years ago, all the clues were there" I feel like the luckiest enfp in the world.