User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ISFPs

Default ISFPs

I came across this statement

''I tend to not take criticism too well and for this reason: To me, my opinions define who I am as a person, when you reject my opinion, you reject me as a person. There is nothing worse then that for an XNFP.''

do you feel this way?

No.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

yes. i take it personally, especially when i am speaking out my opinions with people whom aren't so close to me. which is why i refrain from speaking my opinions aloud unless i'm with a close compadre whom i know for sure isn't rejecting me personally. i don't talk politics, religion, ideals, etc. with most people unless in a comfortable setting. i think this is why a lot of ISFP's will seem as though they don't take life seriously. because we hold back a lot of our views due to Fi. not to mention, sometimes because Te is less developed, we have a hard time thoroughly explaining our opinions in a clear way and have a hard time backing ourselves up in an argumentive way.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

There are a few types of opinions that I hold very closely (particularly about faith and that sort of thing), I tend to only share them with people I trust. However, in general I'm open to hearing other people's perspectives on my opinions and on my behaviors.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I don't mind criticism. I do mind criticism if it sounds blatantly mean, disrespectful, etc.

You know, "constructive" criticism. Not just... "you suck."

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    yes. i take it personally, especially when i am speaking out my opinions with people whom aren't so close to me. which is why i refrain from speaking my opinions aloud unless i'm with a close compadre whom i know for sure isn't rejecting me personally. i don't talk politics, religion, ideals, etc. with most people unless in a comfortable setting. i think this is why a lot of ISFP's will seem as though they don't take life seriously. because we hold back a lot of our views due to Fi. not to mention, sometimes because Te is less developed, we have a hard time thoroughly explaining our opinions in a clear way and have a hard time backing ourselves up in an argumentive way.
    This completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

While I might take some criticism personally I don't feel like I'm being rejected as a person... Everyone has their own opinions... In my eyes I'd be rejecting other people by thinking my opinion was the only valid one!

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    While I might take some criticism personally I don't feel like I'm being rejected as a person... Everyone has their own opinions... In my eyes I'd be rejecting other people by thinking my opinion was the only valid one!
    Profound

Carry on ISFPs
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    as much as i agree with this, my Fi isn't hurt because i feel as though i have the only valid opinion... but rather because it takes a lot for me to share in the first place, and the process of sharing leaves my Fi feeling vulnerable and insecure. i have no problem with "constructive criticism". but some people are blantly rude about another's views and opinions. it's as though, someone just thinks i'm ridiculous for thinking ___.

for example, i'm a vegetarian... and my ex roommate used to always give me a hard time about it. one time in particular we all got back from drinking at the bars and were eating pizza. i picked off the pepperoni's and gave them to someone else to munch on. i never verbally brought up my views, but it felt as though he began to attack me as a person. he kept bringing up all the reasons why i shouldn't be a vegetarian and said things along the lines of me not eating meat isn't going to make a difference and i'm just making myself suffer. because my Te is weak, especially when i'm not prepared, my Fi just felt hurt and he ultimately made me feel stupid. finally, another friend jumped in and told him that this wasn't polite conversation and that i was allowed to have my own views.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

YES, you described it quite well, about feeling vulnerable, and about not feeling able to defend your values on the spot when somebody challenges them, and feeling a little dumb for not being able to explain it.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.