User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

#1 - I think they mean your own bedroom, not your whole house.

#2 - Like you, everyone uses all three of those methods at different times. We have to think about which way we naturally use the most often, which one we use first, most successfully, most frequently. If that doesn't work, which do you use the least?

#3 - Try to think of these questions in the context of a way of life. Try to think of people you know who might be like that.
    3. Are you more uncomfortable with:
    (a) making decisions
    (b) breaking rules
    (c) making rules

I am very comfortable with making decisions. I love establishing new rules. I am not reluctant in the least to do either of those things. I am reluctant, however, to break rules because I hate getting in trouble. Some people LOVE to follow rules. I actually one of them - at least I was when I was younger. Rules made me feel safe and secure.

# 4. Do you feel uncomfortable with:
    (a) unfinished business
    (b) having to finish a work in progress
    (c) working on a project alone
    What is the difference between a and b?

Option a reminded me of once when I was invited to go swimming with some gals. I went, but I felt irritable the whole time and couldn't enjoy myself. I excused myself, went home and paid some bills that needed paying (unfinished business) and when I went back, I felt free to relax and enjoy myself. That is one example of discomfort with unfinished business.

Anybody have feedback for Option b?

That's all I can do for now.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well- I guess I'll weigh in so that this thread quits bumping my blog back

the difference between A and B would probably be between J and P- my ESTJ best friend is much happier after she's concluded a task and has all of the pieces put away, I on the other hand loathe finalizing ANYTHING because it seems dreadfully permanent. *shudder*

My uncle is an ISTP- though he does have a mechanical streak (most males in my family, including my INTP dad enjoy working with automobiles) he certaintly can't be defined that way!

He enjoys learning about different aspects of the world around him- he listens to NPR while driving frequently, loves watching things like The Discovery Channel and he owns A LOT of books with random little short funny stories or trivia facts. He enjoys buying random little toys as well (as my ISFJ mom puts it) things like home weather stations, newton's cradles, espresso makers, all kinds of little gadgets.

He is very generous with the people who he likes, but will pretty much ignore you if he doesn't like you. He's quite aware of pop culture for someone in his early 60s as well!

Hope that helps some!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom
    What is the difference between a and b?
    (a) unfinished business
    (b) having to finish a work in progress
    My opinion:

The difference is there because it is very possible for someone to enjoy working and seek closure in a way as to derive great satisfaction from finished work. It could be referring to a person who takes personal responsibilities very seriously. This person would possibly find option A quite uncomfortable because they'd rather settle whatever business lies in their responsibility. So they would rather enjoy option B because it helps them approach this ideal of closure, "settled business", after which the diligent individual can finally find it satisfactory to rest and spend time as leisure dictates, until the need for attending responsibilities rears its head again. I think it's quite the "strong J" approach, however I could be wrong.

For what it's worth, I ticked both a and b when answering this question. I don't like leaving things unfinished either -- but if I am not motivated to "settle the business", or personally uninvested in the project itself, it can be a long, arduous process working on it, and probably not very enjoyable, either. But in the end I do finish whatever it is that I need to finish, if finishing is a must.
    Not really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default 4 b having to finish a work in progress

My first instinct on this may have been correct. Some people don't want to finish something their working on because they don't feel like they quite have everything they need in order to finish it.

This reminds me of a friend who was remodeling her kitchen. She felt pressured by her husband to finish the kitchen - after all, who can live in a house where the kitchen is all torn apart - she had started the project without having every aspect entirely planned out. She was creating as she was going. She didn't want to be forced into doing things. She was looking for just the right knobs, paint colors, curtains, etc. Being forced to finish would have curbed her creativity and closed off her options. She didn't like that.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default #5

# 5. Do you have:
    (a) an organised perspective on life
    (b) a broad perspective on life (you are part of a wider picture)
    (c) a deep perspective on life (you look beneath the surface of what goes on)

A & B. I have certain big goals in life that I take steps towards. I tend to work backwards from the goal and make it into logical steps. But these are only for the biggies. I get too stressed if I have too many organized goals so other parts of my life I like to be less organized about and just let it happen.

So, in comparing b & c, you feel you are more b?
    Working backwards and logical steps sounds like a should be a choice also.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default #6

6. do you tend to think about:
    (a) possibilities
    (b) actualities
    (c) aspects of your life
    A & B. I tend to look at the NOW, then look at what I want it to BE, then figure out my path to get there.

#6 - seems to be a question about what you think about the most.
    a & b are more general than just your life.
    Some people can walk into a room and see all the wonderful ways in which it could be rearranged and remodeled.
    All I see is the way it is. I am horrible at seeing possibilities.
    a & b could be the difference between an optimist and a pessimist.

c - Do you spend a lot of time pondering your life, your relationships, the things you've done, the things you want to do? Do you do it almost daily? Or at least several times a week? Do you daydream about it?

MBTI
    INTJ

Default #8

8. When working on a project, is it most important that you:
    (a) work hard
    (b) finish the work before it's due
    (c) hold back finishing to ensure you have the all facts.
    B & C - just depends what it is. If it's something that I dislike I tend to just get it done and submitted. If it's something very important or significant then I tend to spend more time on it and ensure that I have everything - I might even ask for an extension.

#8 might not be a very well-written question. c - might be a "P" question but a J who is also a perfectionist, or very thorough, would also check c.

(a) work hard - check this one if you have a reputation for being a hard worker and not being lazy.

(b) finish the work before it's due - check this if you have finished jobs ahead of time so you could breathe a sigh of relief and relax.

(c) hold back finishing to ensure you have the all facts - check this one if you dislike finishing ahead of time because it closes off possibilities.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Did you know that you could check more than one box for each question?
    Actually, on several questions, I typed one answer then changed my mind and noticed that the radios allowed more than one answer.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Actually, on several questions, I typed one answer then changed my mind and noticed that the radios allowed more than one answer.
    I think it's more accurate when you check 2 in as many questions as possible.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default #10

10. Do you value your:
    (a) common sense
    (b) imagination
    (c) decisiveness
    None of the above really. Sure I think I have great common sense. Am I imaginative - sure? do I value it? only if it has a purpose and leads to something tangible.

a & b are opposites. c is not related

Let's think of these questions another way.
    Which ability do you think is more valuable, common sense or imagination?
    If you could only have one, which would you rather have?
    Which do you think you are weaker in?

c- decisiveness - Some people are decisive. They are very comfortable making decisions. Some people are indecisive. They dislike having to come to a decision. This is referring to a regular way of life over large spans of time - a regular habit.

You need to choose between a and b, and then
    choose c if you believe you are a decisive person. If you can't decide... leave it blank.