User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ESTPs

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default ESTPs

I think of them as either "wild and crazy" (compared to me) or "reformed wild and crazy" (settled down). True or false?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*thinks through all of the other ESTPs she knows*

I'm sure there's some exceptions to that, but I can't think of any off the top of my head

you forgot... was good and became wild and crazy when disillusionment with life set in and was only tamed by someone that they loved... you know, the tired old cliche plotline
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i don't know too many ESTP's... at least definite ESTP's. there is however one person who seems to be the epitome of ESTP. he's quite social, and dead funny. always the joker. his sense of humor is so wild. i love hanging out with him because he takes me away from everything serious and it's always a good time.

but he is capable of being down to earth and talking about what's going on in his life and allows me the room to talk about what's going on in mine.

overall, however, he likes to be on the go and parties hard.

amongst the other people i know in real life that i suspect to be ESTP's... i think they are reformed ESTP's and a bit more calmed down. but i fore-see a crazy life in their past. or rather, it's written all over them.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I think when the opportunity arises where they can be crazy and wild, an ESTP would seize it. I think more of those opportunities are available when you're young. Other than that, most of the ESTPs I know are pretty chill and because of that can find humor in most everything.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I think of them as either "wild and crazy" (compared to me) or "reformed wild and crazy" (settled down). True or false?
    Hmmm....

If you define "reformed" as "strategically plans debauchery" then you might have a fairly accurate generalized statement above.

We're wild and crazy, yes, for sure, but also very down to Earth, practical, level-headed, generous, and open minded.
    For some reason the "wild and crazy" thing comes to people's minds immediately, and thus suppresses recognition of our more virtuous traits.

Don't forget we're also insanely good looking, and humble too.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

lol

I'm single and think an ESTP would be good for me. I'm just afraid that their flirtatiousness and bluntness might bother me.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Don't forget we're also insanely good looking, and humble too.
    Generally very true

lol

I'm single and think an ESTP would be good for me. I'm just afraid that their flirtatiousness and bluntness might bother me.
    Really? That's actually one of the big things about them that draws me to them. I have a *VERY* difficult time expressing myself sexually as I'm very reserved but women who are very outgoing and sensual (typically but not always ESTPs) make it much easier for me to come out of my shell in that respect
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

My ESTP mom in her 70s enjoyed shocking the ladies in her church by flying over speed bumps in the road. . .

So I think there's this aura of calm, in control, and can-do attitude punctuated by a completely out of the expected craziness that makes ESTPs so attractive!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    Really? That's actually one of the big things about them that draws me to them. I have a *VERY* difficult time expressing myself sexually as I'm very reserved but women who are very outgoing and sensual (typically but not always ESTPs) make it much easier for me to come out of my shell in that respect
    I meant flirting with others while they are with you.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I meant flirting with others while they are with you.
    That's largely a perception issue.
    Some people would say I flirt with everyone.
    But I maintain that I flirt only with Mrs. Halla.
    It's one thing to be funny and engaging, yet another entirely to be lascivious. :rolli:
    Some people are just so damn sexually repressed that they think whenever another person interacts with them its flirting.
    It takes more than that, as you well know...

Anyhow, just my .02.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro