• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTPs

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You just need an ISTP aka "The Personal ESTP" :rofl1:

Yes they are more personal than ESTP and because of that I like them better, but at the same time their Ti makes them hard to connect with/reach sometimes. I really like closeness and from what I understand ISTP is somewhat allergic to that.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think of them as either "wild and crazy" (compared to me) or "reformed wild and crazy" (settled down). True or false?

I don't know any well; however one of my good friends' ex-husbands was an ESTP and I know a bit about him. I wouldn't have described him as 'wild and crazy' or even as 'reformed wild and crazy'. lol. However, he definitely made a good impression - very easygoing, likeable, and friendly. Devoted to his group of friends, however the statement was also made by many that he wasn't actually *close* to any, and when you got down to it, no one really knew a whole lot about him; very activity-oriented approach to things, and could be really fun to be around and share experiences with, but was not interpersonal in terms of connecting/deepening relationships, etc. Lots of surface/hanging-out friends, but didn't divulge in anyone. Also had a good job and was successful career-wise.

He was insanely image-conscious, though, and a bit of a slave to money and buying stuff and wanting the next best thing, and constantly being on the go or having to be highly competitive in various personal/hobby endeavors, such that it took over pretty much everything else, including relationships.

Not that that's how all ESTP's would be; I think for him he was just uber-Se and hasn't developed/prioritized a whole lot more yet.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm always kind of dissapointed that we come across as overly flirtatious to others... I actually almost NEVER flirt, even if I like you (that's when I just walk up and actually get in a conversation with them :shock:)

My man had issues with that at first... He's always been with other IxxJs in the past and kept thinking that I was flirting with other guys when I was just chatting. He got over it when he finally overheard one of those conversations... In which I was bragging that I had the best SO of all to them :laugh:

I might laugh and chat with strangers and have slept with more than my fair share of people when single, but he's come to realize that once in a relationship I will always feel lucky to go home with him at the end of the night! :wubbie:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
whatever, you're cute. something about you reminds me of rachel ray.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes they are more personal than ESTP and because of that I like them better, but at the same time their Ti makes them hard to connect with/reach sometimes. I really like closeness and from what I understand ISTP is somewhat allergic to that.

Im as allergic to it as an ESTP is. The difference is that I am not outgoing so it takes alot more effort on the other persons part to connect with/reach me. Thats probably why I ended up with a Dom Fe. Thats also my biggest fear of not being able to really connect with someone in a relationship and why an I tends to end up with an E. Anyway I have questioned that I am just a quiet/shy ESTP.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ugh. Now I'm crying.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just having realizations and feeling confused.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what are you confused about, realizations arent always correct and even if they are they help us in the future.

A

A window to the soul

I don't find it difficult to connect with an ESTP; ISTP's are a little more challenging it's true.

My brother-in-law is ESTP. I feel close to him and I like that I can be myself around him. I believe that feeling is mutual. We have a similar sense of humor and communication style, but I repress it around most people; with him, I can be myself. He's accepting of my quirks and I'm accepting of his.

There are moments that have made me really admire him that much more, like when I stayed the night at their house recently. I wake up to the sight/sound of this huge flying bug buzzing around in my room. When I turned the light on, it launched at me, so of course I screamed like a girl. Seconds later, my ESTP brother-in-law is calmly walking down the hall towards me with a pistol in his hand ready to kill the intruder. When he saw the big bug, he played like he was going to just leave me there with it (cuz he likes to mess with me like that). Yep, I like to mess with him like that too. It was funny to see him grab the bug with his bare hands and walk out of the room with it.

He's the only guy that passed the grueling tests I used to put my sister's boyfriends through. We have gained a mutual caring, respect and understanding over the years. He looks out for me and now he's the one that screens my boyfriends.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what are you confused about, realizations arent always correct and even if they are they help us in the future.

yeah I know. I'll figure it out. I'm just feeling emotional.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
xSTPs aren't that confusing giggly :hug:

listen to what ESTPs say and you'll know what the ISTPs are secretly thinking... it's the easy way to figure them out :yes:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
xSTPs aren't that confusing giggly :hug:

listen to what ESTPs say and you'll know what the ISTPs are secretly thinking... it's the easy way to figure them out :yes:

:doh: Think gutter and you will know where we are 85% of the time, but we are fully functional in the gutter ;)

Sunny Ghost

Yes they are more personal than ESTP and because of that I like them better, but at the same time their Ti makes them hard to connect with/reach sometimes. I really like closeness and from what I understand ISTP is basically allergic to that. lol

not necessarily. i've known quite a few ISTP's. two of which have been roommates, and two whom are some of my favorite employees. i don't know if it's because i have a tendency to open up a lot... but i've gotten pretty close to quite a few ISTP's... just because they favor logic over emotions, doesn't mean they don't feel emotions. they too need someone to talk to every once in a while, and i'm always willing to provide that outlet. and it helps that i'm also there when their crazy side like to reak havok as well. i suppose it helps them to feel as though i'm a confidant.

you just have to find the right way to reach out... and they'll do the same.

PJWakt

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We never entirely reform. The ESTP pilot light stays on until death and can re-fire the furnace at any time. We just start spending a greater amount of our time in a calm state. In my case the tug of war between physical fitness and wanting to be out all night ended when the fitness side won......but I go back for glimpses of the old life and I love every second when i do.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes they are more personal than ESTP and because of that I like them better, but at the same time their Ti makes them hard to connect with/reach sometimes. I really like closeness and from what I understand ISTP is basically allergic to that. lol

Truer words were never spoken as most people in real life are afraid to apporach me (the ISTP) because I pretty much shun contact with the common people. Only those few who are worthy summon my full and complete attention!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Truer words were never spoken as most people in real life are afraid to apporach me (the ISTP) because I pretty much shun contact with the common people. Only those few who are worthy summon my full and complete attention!

The ISTP's I've known feel the same way!

lauranna

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't be sad [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] and dont be disillusioned. You have the whole of the rest of your life ahead of you. There is so much fun to be had and so many more *STPs to meet/ fall for.
And if you ever fancy trying something new you know where i am ;-)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't be sad [MENTION=4398]Giggly[/MENTION] and dont be disillusioned. You have the whole of the rest of your life ahead of you. There is so much fun to be had and so many more *STPs to meet/ fall for.
And if you ever fancy trying something new you know where i am ;-)

You have a way of cheering me up.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5111]lauranna[/MENTION] ...I saw her first! ;)

ESTPs come in two categories. If I'm friends with them - it's awesome. Dating or messing around with can be tricky. The one I had a fling with once said, long after the fling was over and we got to know each other, that he didn't think anything of me until he got to know me. Getting into the circle of trust takes time and usually the ESTPs are looking out for them first, so they respect those who can hold their own. At least, they like to test you out and see what you're made of.