Thread: ESTPs

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by roastingmallows View Post
    I like the ESTPs on this forum, but IRL I tend to find their energy overwhelming and combative.
    Hi there!

Interesting. I have two very good ESFP friends, Jack and Herman. Jack is more combative than me on my worst day. Herman is more laid back than me on my most chill day. These personality elements might very well be MBTI-type independent.

I used to think I was an ESTP, but the two I know put me very on edge, and I don't think I am much like them, although we do have things in common (like Se to the max!). The attitude and energy is just different.
    If you don't mind saying so, why do these two ESTPs you know put you on edge?

I totally agree with you RE "Se to the max!" so far as a huge commonality between ESFPs and ESTPs. It's silly!

I suppose thinkers in general sometimes put me on edge, but ESTPs have the strongest physical energy I think. Too much!
    Do thinkers put you on edge because they are typically reserved/aloof? Or is there some other reason? Just curious.

They always want to be right, and don't care if they hurt a poor little ESFP's feelings. Nope. Also, they don't seem to want to apologize even if they know they're wrong. They just act like nothing ever happened.
    I do not think that "constant insistance on being right" OR "failure to ever apologize" are ESTP traits at all.

IMHO, those are traits of specific individuals.

I for one, will admit my particular answer to a solution was wrong if sufficient evidence exists to prove it. And as far as being wrong in simpler terms, I don't quote anything as fact unless I've verified it extensively. It's part of being credible. In my line of work that is imperative.

Finally, being unable/unwilling to apologize is a personal flaw of an individual, and a person of ANY MBRTI-type can exhibit that.
    I learned to apologize a LOOOONG time ago, and am thankful for it, as it made me a better person.

The ESTPs I've met online are usually pretty chill though, and if I had to be another type, I would want to be an XSTP. Ti the function I envy most.
    Some of my very best friends are xSFP.

Have a great day!

-Halla74
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Hi there!

Interesting. I have two very good ESFP friends, Jack and Herman. Jack is more combative than me on my worst day. Herman is more laid back than me on my most chill day. These personality elements might very well be MBTI-type independent.

If you don't mind saying so, why do these two ESTPs you know put you on edge?

I totally agree with you RE "Se to the max!" so far as a huge commonality between ESFPs and ESTPs. It's silly!

Do thinkers put you on edge because they are typically reserved/aloof? Or is there some other reason? Just curious.

I do not think that "constant insistance on being right" OR "failure to ever apologize" are ESTP traits at all.

IMHO, those are traits of specific individuals.

I for one, will admit my particular answer to a solution was wrong if sufficient evidence exists to prove it. And as far as being wrong in simpler terms, I don't quote anything as fact unless I've verified it extensively. It's part of being credible. In my line of work that is imperative.

Finally, being unable/unwilling to apologize is a personal flaw of an individual, and a person of ANY MBRTI-type can exhibit that.
    I learned to apologize a LOOOONG time ago, and am thankful for it, as it made me a better person.

Some of my very best friends are xSFP.

Have a great day!

-Halla74
    Like I said, the ESTPs I've seen on here seem totally chill! I've read a lot of posts of yours in particular, and I imagine we would get along just fine. In theory, I like the IDEA of ESTPs too, but I only know two IRL and they both have overwhelming energy! Perhaps I should try and find some more IRL and not judge my opinion of them based on the two I know.

They put me on edge because they're kind of like me (and I already have pretty strong energy) but less...diplomatic? An ESTP is kind of like me, but louder and more sure of themself. The two I know are my stepdad and a friend of mine who I used to like okay, but I was always kind of apprehensive of him. My stepdad is very dogmatic and critical. My ex-friend was just loud and obnoxious and always tried to make people uncomfortable on purpose. When he made me not like him anymore (I won't go into detail, but it involves humiliating me in front of strangers, putting my personal business on display, coming over to my apartment uninvited and basically destroying my stuff, etc, and never apologizing, though I think he felt kind of bad.), he knew I didn't like him and he would still show up at my work and try and get free stuff from me, follow me around and act like nothing happened and try and get invited to my house. So. Ugh.

Thinkers (particularly extraverted) put me on edge, similar to what I said just a moment ago, because they tend to care more about being right then being pleasant, which bothers me. If I was a thinker myself, it probably wouldn't, but I would rather get along and find common ground and not be criticized and torn to pieces. Not that all thinkers are like that, because I know an ENTP who is actually very social and oddly eager to please for the MOST part, though he can be kind of a smart ass at times...

Maybe I am just too sensitive. XD I probably am.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

Amen.

roastingmallows, I feel like you might just be experiencing a rather unhealthy ESTP character.

A Healthy ESTP is in no short supply of Diplomacy, least of all with their ESFP brothers, and destroying your stuff is not cool. A Healthy ESTP breaks the ice at a party, not your belongings. Don't let that ex-friend's insensitivity convince you that your keen insight to feeling is a weakness. ISTP's are cool to hang out with but ESFP's are unparalleled Musicians and Artists and more importantly alot of fun. (When they're not being flaky.)
    "Don't tell me, Show me."

WALMART

A good friend of mine is textbook ESTP. One of the nicest, friendliest people I've known.

Definitely a nut, definitely has more energy than I can keep up with, definitely wild and crazy - hobbies include shotgunning beers sequentially and urban off-roading... sequentially.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

They have too much explosive energy for my taste.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I tend to think the people I type as ESTP's as intense and intimidating, too much packed energy. I think I overlook some though. The couple IRL ones I can think of at the top of my head- we get along very well, but it's not as much of a bonding on my part, it's more of a reverence. People think esfp's are the most E and energetic and over the top of all types. I do this with estp's, though I think they should technically be more on the calm side function wise. Occasionally I've typed people as estp on that "i'm scared of them" bias. Over time turned out they are just a T-like esfp.

Since they are one of the few types I have trouble placing easily, I tend to go for the stereotypicals only. So I'm a bit shaky about discussing them in general.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

ESTP 7s are the wild and crazy ones, searching for new experiences to try out. This ESTP profile describes them more as goal oriented and willful individuals with which I must agree basing in my ESTP friend.

MBTI
    ESTP

It depends on who you ask, I am an ESTP 1st house sun in Capricorn with moon in Scorpio so I can go from being intense and intellectual to being silly and trying almost anything once since I also have a lot in Sagitarrius, Aqaurius and Libra in my chart so more than anything, I tend to come off as mysterious to some people but I do have a few wild friends who's ideas I give in to now and then.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

For the most part I'm relaxed and chilled out after I've gotten some stimulation. One reason I date 4's is because their emotions are so powerful that its almost as if I get my fix. And for an entire week I'll just be mellow, nice, and loving as hell.

If I'm bored I either:
    A. turn into a douche and start messing with people
    B. drink mountain dew then become completely outrageous.
    C. eat my ass.