User Tag List

123 Last

Default ISFPs do you ever feel like you are being treated like a doormat?

ISFP's do you find it hard to find people that treat you well?

Because you are soft natured do you find people treat you like a doormat?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I use to have this issue when I was a young teenager because I didn't have any self respect. As I've gotten older I don't have any issues with people who think they can walk all over me because I present myself in a way that says the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Hm. I think I try to spend my time with people who treat me with respect and kindness (and I try to treat others that way too). That said, I've been in a handful of relationships which were not really that healthy at all, romantic and other types of relationships. It has taken me a lot of time to realize what ayoitsStepho has learned. I struggled with self-esteem for many years. I still sort of do, from time to time, but not nearly to the same extent. Even when I was at my worst though, there were a LOT of people who would and did stick up for me if somebody was being mean.

But really it does have to come from within. People can say really nice, well-intentioned things, but if you do not believe it, it won't stick.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i'm sure i used to have this problem. however, with age i became more assertive. not to mention, same as with gromit, i try to surround myself with people who don't abuse others.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

In answer to your soft natured question, I feel that people trust me because I am receptive. Something about my nature helps others relax. I see more positives in my laid back nature.

I've had people that treat me well... and people who didn't. I don't know about the people who didn't, when I look back I had a part in all that, just like I do with people that treat me well. Like the others said I just try to surround myself with good people and I have found this quote endlessly useful in dealing with people who don't. Gromit's Buddha quote from me reminded me of it...

If a man brings you a present and you refuse that present who does that present belong to?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

When I was in high school and some of college.... But after it happened so many times I got a bit thicker skin and a bit more assertive. I have zero problem telling someone no now... And I can be pretty adamant about how I want things done now... I don't just cave to what someone else wants quite as easily. There has to be some logic and compromise to it now.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I use to have this issue when I was a young teenager because I didn't have any self respect. As I've gotten older I don't have any issues with people who think they can walk all over me because I present myself in a way that says the opposite.
    Haha, what's that mean? Did you rub the "Welcome" ink off ya forehead or something. If ya ask me, I have a hard time seeing you as anything other than a cute girl who likes to dance, especially in youtube videos...

Now, see, a lil shirade like that for some be a tad bit offensive, people get hurt. The thing is that as we get older, no matter what type from what I've experience, just learn there wits if they weren't born with them and handle their life according to how they like it.

For example, steph took up that job at victoria secret. What's that gota do with anything? Well, not much of a damn thing, but I thought I'd put the spotlight on the coolest ISFP on the boards real quick.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    In answer to your soft natured question, I feel that people trust me because I am receptive. Something about my nature helps others relax. I see more positives in my laid back nature.

I've had people that treat me well... and people who didn't. I don't know about the people who didn't, when I look back I had a part in all that, just like I do with people that treat me well. Like the others said I just try to surround myself with good people and I have found this quote endlessly useful in dealing with people who don't. Gromit's Buddha quote from me reminded me of it...

If a man brings you a present and you refuse that present who does that present belong to?
    agreed, on the soft natured aspect. generally people will feel my soft nature as warmth, which makes most in my company feel comfortable. i find people gravitate towards me when they feel they need someone to talk to. in fact, there are some i feel only contact me when they need someone to talk to. and to some, this might be perceived at being taken advantage of. but for me, i love that people can sense that i am a trustworthy and warm and sincere person. i'm okay with just being a person to lean on every once in a while because i genuinely love helping people.

but i can be hard if i need to be. i have no problem earning people's respect, and it's because i know when to be hard or soft. i've even occasionally heard that i'm intimidating. :workout:

but of course we've all met someone who just lacks respect for anyone or everyone. but i know this has less to do with who i am, and more to do with who they are.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

[QUOTE=IndyAnnaJoan;1415168]agreed, on the soft natured aspect. generally people will feel my soft nature as warmth, which makes most in my company feel comfortable. i find people gravitate towards me when they feel they need someone to talk to. in fact, there are some i feel only contact me when they need someone to talk to. and to some, this might be perceived at being taken advantage of. but for me, i love that people can sense that i am a trustworthy and warm and sincere person. i'm okay with just being a person to lean on every once in a while because i genuinely love helping people. /QUOTE]

Maybe this is why people always talk to me.... I try and avoid talking to some people, and it seems like they gravitate towards me... I guess I just have a warm aura that draws people to me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Maybe this is why people always talk to me.... I try and avoid talking to some people, and it seems like they gravitate towards me... I guess I just have a warm aura that draws people to me.
    i'm sure you do. unhealthy Fi's... probably not. perhaps even the opposite. i've known some ISFP's people will want to run away from.

healthy Fi's... yes.
    -John Green