=)

no im tuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

I'm nice to people but I'm not a doormat.
    I usually know when people are taking advantage to me. And interestingly, those people know when I know too so they usually stop. When I was younger, if someone is mistreating or being rude to me, I usually show attitude or act passive-aggressive. But now, I know better how to deal with them and try to act with more tact.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i'm sure i used to have this problem. however, with age i became more assertive. not to mention, same as with gromit, i try to surround myself with people who don't abuse others.
    I always tell people "if you screw with me I`ll Cut you!"
    just like that everything is sunshine and rainbows
    Last edited by knight; 01-30-2011 at 07:19 PM.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hm. I think I try to spend my time with people who treat me with respect and kindness (and I try to treat others that way too).
    Obviously, I am not an ISFP. However I just ended a relationship with an IxFP because he didn't do that^ and ended up being a doormat to certain people. The meaner and more aggressive a person was, the harder he would work to appease them. Meanwhile, the people who did genuinely care about him, got shuffled to the bottom of his priority list because he was too busy catering to the person who made the most noise. He felt very tread upon by people, the thing that he didn't see is that he was rewarding bad behavior and that he was actually treading upon the people who treated him well.

It's sad because I know he is a nice person who could be a great friend and boyfriend, but not until he chooses to clear the crap out of his life to make room and time for kindness.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, I used to let my son walk on my back when he was smaller. Now he usually just tackles me or punches me in the stomach or legs.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5paKczJn4IU"]The ISFP Tree[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram

Yes, I can definitely relate, and it comforting to know that there are others out there who understand what it feels like I feel like I go unnoticed and overlooked all the time! I'm constantly ignored even though I try to participate in class and say hi to people in the hallways! I'm not invited to many places, and I think that this is because no one really knows who I am. They think I'm just the sweet, shy girl who is happy doing her own thing, but no that's not true! Just because act like everything's okay doesn't mean it is. I cover up my feelings of lonliness and vent about them on here lol. And yes, to answer your question better, I am quite often taken advantage of, and I have a hard time saying no. It's because I'm soft-spoken and gentle, so people aren't afraid to make me do what they want. However I have become more wiser and now I can definitely be assertive and stand my ground if I need to!

MBTI
    XXFP

Sometimes. Few people have really ever used me - which really sucked. Most the time people are just oblivious and ask for things that are unfair or unequal. I wish they didn't do that, but wishful thinking isn't a substitute for saying "I can't do that." It's worth it to set clear boundaries. I'll admit it makes me uncomfortable though, especially if someone repeatedly demands treatment which I've told them I don't want to or cannot provide.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    agreed, on the soft natured aspect. generally people will feel my soft nature as warmth, which makes most in my company feel comfortable. i find people gravitate towards me when they feel they need someone to talk to. in fact, there are some i feel only contact me when they need someone to talk to. and to some, this might be perceived at being taken advantage of. but for me, i love that people can sense that i am a trustworthy and warm and sincere person. i'm okay with just being a person to lean on every once in a while because i genuinely love helping people.
    I can relate a lot to this. I've been in the position of being the honest guy who will listen and give advice many times. Sometimes I feel like I'm taken advantage of though. This is a positive way to look at the situation.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I never FEEL like I'm a doormat but who knows, maybe I act like one sometimes but I'm not sure. I have no problem saying no but often don't have to because I enjoy helping people out. I can't remember being treated poorly, I tend to rise above drama and passive aggressiveness and no one out right attacks me, so yeah I don't feel poorly treated.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP

I agree with what most everyone has been saying, I spend time with people I like and they tend to be people who like and respect me so they don't treat me like a doormat.

I have had some experiences in the past though where I let myself be taken advantage of by someone that I had a crush on. I would do everything I could in my non-verbal way to let them know that I liked them by doing them favors, bringing them gifts, and being willing to drop everything to spend time with them, and just in general making them feel like they were special. I failed to see the hole in that plan because I was giving them everything they wanted without requiring or getting anything in return. It wasn't their fault, I was just letting them have everything for free, and devaluing myself in their eyes in the process. I'd like to say that I learned from it and never made that mistake again, but I just caught myself getting into a situation like that again and am actively trying to pull myself out of it. Any other ISFPs find themselves getting into situations like that?