User Tag List

12 Last

Default ISFPs I have a question

'' For INFPs, what we feel internally manifests externally. INFPs often believe that since something feels right to them then it must be right universally. An INFPs subjective values often conflict with external circumstances which leads to a me-vs-them mentality. It's the conflict between our subjective values with our external reality that becomes the root of many of our problems.''

This is a description of an INFP that I found and I was wondering ISFPs how do you view this?
    Do you feel this way?
    Do you feel like your internal feelings, view etc. conflict with the external world?

If not then how do you balance yourself with the external world?
    Does it just come naturally?

That's a good word, balance. I find it really important to my well-being to balance my internal and external worlds, get feedback from people around me and from what I see working and not working... I think my values reflect that process. I TRY to be open to new information as it comes my way.

UGH I don't really think I'm speaking very clearly. Maybe I'll come back and post more later. Can you give an example?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i personally find it fairly easy to see multiple points of view on a given situation, and therefore find it hard to pick one particular strong stance. i am often idealistic and have my own views, but am capable of understanding the other sides views as well. i've read this is common amongst ISFP's.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i personally find it fairly easy to see multiple points of view on a given situation, and therefore find it hard to pick one particular strong stance. i am often idealistic and have my own views, but am capable of understanding the other sides views as well. i've read this is common amongst ISFP's.
    I think that's also a Ni thing... but they use Fe to express some workaround/compromise (although in more extroverted/in charge ways). Seems like Fi doms tend to sees the same things, but take a background approach.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

^i'm confused by your comment. ::scratches head:: who is "they"?
    -John Green

Ni types.. ENFJs and INFJs. Although, apparently there are downsides to the ENFJs ability to see where people are coming from. They have a rep for seeing how to manuever within a situation and acting out a role (unhealthy ones, I mean).

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Ni types.. ENFJs and INFJs. Although, apparently there are downsides to the ENFJs ability to see where people are coming from. They have a rep for seeing how to manuever within a situation and acting out a role (unhealthy ones, I mean).
    hmmph. sounds like a particular ENFJ i dislike.
    -John Green

Heh.. On the flipside, think of Martin Luther King. Or maybe that cool highschool teacher that everyone loved. Those people that kind of avoid the pitfalls of singleminded opinions, have time for everyone, incorporate a lot of views and hit a right note with many - and at the same time, being opinionated enough to push for something too.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

oh, my comment wasn't against all ENFJ's. i know a few other ENFJ's that i love, as well as INFJ's, INTJ's, ENTJ's... your comment just reminded me of one person in particular.
    -John Green

Reality is being itself. There is always going to be friction in bringing things from inside you to reality. That is just how that is. I don't feel so much of a conflict, it is more of a give and take thing.