User Tag List

12 Last

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Default Things That Break Focus

I hate it when I'm totally focused on something and I keep getting nagging distractions, like the IM window flashing, etc. It totally breaks my concentration and I can't zone it out like an N might. My concentration feels broken up into a million pieces, with a staccato beat.

Also, I hate it when I'm trying to do something full-speed and I hit speedbumps like slow software, etc. It irritates me and makes me feel like it takes at least twice as long to do something, even if the interruptions only technically take up a portion of the time. It's because I'm always gathering momentum, and if nothing stops me, I end up going lightning speed... kinda scary, actually.

Any other SPs ever feel this way?
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Permabanned

Ya I do, it's one of my pet peeves I hate being bothered period by anything.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Not an SP but I'm the same way. I don't like interruptions, usually. Once I get into a task, I eventually get into a groove and if I'm interrupted, it can be difficult to re-establish that groove.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member Auto/Virtuosi=L.A.P.'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

If I'm making headway with something, it's easy for clingers or other annoyances to piss me off. But I try to tolerate it.
    And there I stood... The devil of a command that featured death...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Maybe it's an Se dom thing what you describe because I can zone out pretty good sometimes. I call it Tumbleweed Syndrome. No thoughts going through my head. The breeze can blow straight through my ears. :P

Apparently I look like I'm deep in thought because someone always asks me what I'm thinking about.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Maybe it's an Se dom thing what you describe because I can zone out pretty good sometimes.
    Interesting! If I get bored, I doze off in meetings, but I can't say that I'm zoned out. I might be thinking of things that are actually "interesting" to me, but never really just unfocused thought that is non-specific to my immediate goings on. I like to be on top of my immediate goings on, so if it is anything of any significance I will at least give it my "B" game, which precludes "zoning out."

I call it Tumbleweed Syndrome. No thoughts going through my head. The breeze can blow straight through my ears. :P
    I'd fucking pay HUGE money to have that shit go on in my head! Most of the time if I am not paying attention to what is going on around me, it is because I am obsessing over something else. When I have meditated, I got as close to "having breeze blow straight throguh my ears" and it was kick ass. It was actually way better than a Red Bull. I felt totally invigorated the rest of the day. But, by default, I'm a busy motherfucker, and the person that has seen me stand still is a rare bird indeed...

Apparently I look like I'm deep in thought because someone always asks me what I'm thinking about.
    No one EVER asks me what I am thinking about because I tell EVERYONE exactly what is on my mind ALL THE TIME. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Maybe it's an Se dom thing what you describe because I can zone out pretty good sometimes. I call it Tumbleweed Syndrome. No thoughts going through my head. The breeze can blow straight through my ears. :P

I've seen this with my ISTP. It's nice and mellow and chill and hard to believe because it really does look like you're in deep thought. If you're used to hyperactive or high strung people, it can take some getting used to.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

When I have meditated, I got as close to "having breeze blow straight throguh my ears" and it was kick ass.
    Halla...you know what's strange? I cannot meditate. I don't like it. In order to relax I have to beat the crap out of myself with some activity. My body has to feel a bit fatigued in order for me to feel really relaxed or rejuvenated.

Giggly...If I think about it, it probably starts off as us thinking about something and then we slowly stop thinking so our face stays that way. LOL...IDK...
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

I'm chill/recreation/fun seeking. Anything other than that is a distraction. I'm really busy and focused when it comes to not being busy and focused. I missed a 137 days my first year of highschool. It hasn't improved much since.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    I hate it when I'm totally focused on something and I keep getting nagging distractions, like the IM window flashing, etc. It totally breaks my concentration and I can't zone it out like an N might. My concentration feels broken up into a million pieces, with a staccato beat.
    totally can relate. a friend of mine was having a serious convo with me the other day. but i had such a hard time focusing on her words because she was standing opposite of her kitchen window at dusk. the sun was shining orange between the blinds and distorting her face in my mind. i just kept focusing on the sun on her face and how they created these lines.

however, other times... i'm completely undistractable. i suppose it depends on whether i'm focused internally or externally. if focused externally, then i can be distracted by other external factors. but if i'm focusing on something internally... i can be kind of lost in a bubble.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green