User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Wink am I the only one here?

I have to wonder occasionally if I'm the most neurotic and overstressed SP on the board here... most of you guys seem to have it a lot more together on that front than I do... especially the other ESTPs here, who often come across as perhaps motivational speakers on the side

It's not particularly a trait that I show in public- I can't afford to- I spend most of my time putting on the public face for customers and training new people. Furthermore, I hate to show vulnerability in any way... a show of weakness is just something I can't bring myself to do comfortably. I'm afraid of failing at what I do... I'm afraid of disappointing people who are close to me... I'm afraid of losing my freedom and ability to really enjoy life to the fullest... I'm afraid that life is going to make me be super serious and "grown up." I can't show it... it's taking a bit of a toll physically

any other SPs deal with this or am I the group crazy?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I just got a little confessional in my blog. I have plenty of things I deal with. I don't show it to everyone in the outside either. Mostly because I don't trust them or think what they may say is mostly likely conventional. And then I'd just get pissed off if I had to be around it. I don't put on a public face though. I just stay away, except from the closest friends. I feel neurotic for even admitting that. I want to delete this post, and maintain the facade that I'm cool. Ahem. Seriously though, I have a lot of interests or hobbies, so I'm not overstressed. I can chill out. I just get all "existentialist" and shit at times. If I start thinking of the future (or past) I get depressed. It doesn't help that I'm clinically depressed. Argh.. damnit. I shouldn't be so open, right? Forget you read it. Bitches.

Hope that came off neurotic enough for you.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... it sucks... we're supposed to be cool and such

I almost think that introverts are luckier on that front in a way- you CAN hide, you don't feel the same social compulsions and such- no public face to have to build and hide behind- pay no attention to the man behind the curtain sort of thing

I've been having some serious anxiety issues lately if it makes you feel any better at least
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Are you kidding? I feel like an effed up mess. I think I do a better job of just blurting all my issues here in my blog (which makes me look so emotionally spazzy ARGH!) then I actually let on in my life. It makes me angry when I express something to someone or show some sort of vulnerability and I'm given a bunch of cliche bull. I don't like to admit that I actually think I'm a mess, but I am. Especially now.

I hope that's what you're looking for...
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

See, more confirmation on neurotic behavior. I had to delete that last blog entry I mentioned above. It wasn't emo, but I'm not sure what I'm getting out of talking about too much personal stuff. I guess I'd prefer someone with some NF frame of mind actually, to help me with some ideas. But this may not be the right place. Not sure. I prefer talking more one-on-one, with someone I got to know, and not a bunch of stuff in public.

I have things pop up from time to time. "I have done nothing, I need to do more, I need to do something, I need to learn something, I've learnt nothing" ... like a mild panic. It isn't age, I've always had that. Plus the fucking up, I am pretty comfortable with fucking up now. Those others still get me from time to time though. I was reading some stuff on compassion the other day. It started when I was reading about MBTI II and one of the breakdowns for F was compassion. I was reading up on compassion and in the Buddhist section it had a teaching on compassion I felt was pretty good.

At the same time, it is emphasised that in order to manifest effective compassion for others it is first of all necessary to be able to experience and fully appreciate one's own suffering and to have, as a consequence, compassion for oneself. The Buddha is reported to have said, "It is possible to travel the whole world in search of one who is more worthy of compassion than oneself. No such person can be found."

Wolfy I love it when you share wisdom with us!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I tend to stress about the silliest things. My wedding for instance... I caved into an extra expense that we were trying to avoid... Because I got worried that people would get upset if we didn't provide alcohol. It's my wedding... I shouldn't have worried about it or cared about it.... I didn't see a point in getting alcohol because I knew I wouldn't drink, my fiance wouldn't, his parents won't, my parents won't, the majority of the people coming wouldn't.... But I caved because of the few people I do know coming would complain loudly if there wasn't any alcohol there. Heck, I have even been worrying about my pregnancy because I've had zero signs that I'm really pregnant, aside from the obvious one (no period for a couple of months)... Forget the fact that my mom has told me numerous times that she never had any of the typical symptoms either... It still worried me because I didn't have any of the usual signs.

I can be pretty neurotic at times.... Thankfully, I'm good at hiding it.

I feel like I'm a terrible engineer a lot of the time. Actually I might be a terrible engineer. It takes me a LOT longer to do certain types of tasks than other people.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I realize that I'm not an SP but being that I consider you someone I greatly respect on these forums, I felt strongly compelled to respond to this

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I have to wonder occasionally if I'm the most neurotic and overstressed SP on the board here... most of you guys seem to have it a lot more together on that front than I do... especially the other ESTPs here, who often come across as perhaps motivational speakers on the side

It's not particularly a trait that I show in public- I can't afford to- I spend most of my time putting on the public face for customers and training new people.
    You're not alone in this, I do the same thing. I try very hard to put on a strong, looks-like-I-know-what-I'm-doing demeanor but I think people would be really surprised just how much I'm stressing internally about getting things done and whether or not I'll be able to do whats expected of me.

Furthermore, I hate to show vulnerability in any way... a show of weakness is just something I can't bring myself to do comfortably.
    There are some who would consider that a strength

I'm afraid of failing at what I do...
    You won't most of the time. You are far more resourceful than you give yourself credit for. For those times that you will stumble and fall, I have a feeling that a woman like you will bounce back very quickly.

I'm afraid of disappointing people who are close to me...
    I doubt you do. I'm sure those close to you appreciate you exactly as you are

I'm afraid of losing my freedom and ability to really enjoy life to the fullest... I'm afraid that life is going to make me be super serious and "grown up." I can't show it... it's taking a bit of a toll physically
    You won't. If you're life should take the course of having much more responsibilities than you originally planned, I have no doubt you'll find ways to live it out to the fullest. Having been reading Halla74's blog, another ESTP like you, and seeing the sort of the life he leads (juggling being a caring, excellent father with living life on his own terms) I'm sure you'll be OK

You're doing just fine Whatever. Don't worry so much and you'll find yourself becoming an SJ . Just continue being you and things will be fine.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson