User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah... it seems like most SPs here tend to keep their paranoia about life to themselves or at least to their blog! thanks for commenting and making me feel somewhat less like I've failed at being a good SP or something

and thanks tinker you're always welcome in any of my SP threads since I so wantonly wander through the SJ forum whenever the chance strikes

I'm thinking of adding on a gym membership to the man's plan just to swim... I need an outlet in a way I guess... I walk all of the time at work and probably burn THOUSANDS of calories in a day with expressive talking, but I just need to relax. I am, unfortunatly, not the type who joins clubs or picks up hobbies and maintains them, so SOMETHING repetitive should be somewhat relaxing
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I can't say I'm very neurotic but it's probably less of "having it together" and more to do with the fact I ignore problems and tend to distract myself with good things, I have things too good to be neurotic.

In saying that I can sometimes be nervous about employment and some social things.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't think you come off as neurotic or emotional at all. Just honest. It's a natural SP thing to come off cool whether or not you feel that way on the inside. You've got that trait, too!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    yeah... it seems like most SPs here tend to keep their paranoia about life to themselves or at least to their blog! thanks for commenting and making me feel somewhat less like I've failed at being a good SP or something

and thanks tinker you're always welcome in any of my SP threads since I so wantonly wander through the SJ forum whenever the chance strikes

I'm thinking of adding on a gym membership to the man's plan just to swim... I need an outlet in a way I guess... I walk all of the time at work and probably burn THOUSANDS of calories in a day with expressive talking, but I just need to relax. I am, unfortunatly, not the type who joins clubs or picks up hobbies and maintains them, so SOMETHING repetitive should be somewhat relaxing
    That's a really good idea.... When I was really, really struggling with controlling my neurotic side the gym really helped distract me. I'd go every time I couldn't focus on anything besides what was wrong in my life.... And it really helped me calm down and relax.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I have things pop up from time to time. "I have done nothing, I need to do more, I need to do something, I need to learn something, I've learnt nothing" ... like a mild panic. It isn't age, I've always had that. Plus the fucking up, I am pretty comfortable with fucking up now. Those others still get me from time to time though. I was reading some stuff on compassion the other day. It started when I was reading about MBTI II and one of the breakdowns for F was compassion. I was reading up on compassion and in the Buddhist section it had a teaching on compassion I felt was pretty good.

At the same time, it is emphasised that in order to manifest effective compassion for others it is first of all necessary to be able to experience and fully appreciate one's own suffering and to have, as a consequence, compassion for oneself. The Buddha is reported to have said, "It is possible to travel the whole world in search of one who is more worthy of compassion than oneself. No such person can be found."
    wolfy, you are one of my favorite ISFP's.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't think you come off as neurotic or emotional at all. Just honest. It's a natural SP thing to come off cool whether or not you feel that way on the inside. You've got that trait, too!
    agreed. i've never picked this up from you, whatever. you've always come off cool and composed.

but you most certainly aren't the only one to suffer from neurotic tendencies. i've calmed down a lot, but i used to be incredibly neurotic and nervous and anxious and stressed. i finally picked up the motto, "just don't think about it..." for myself. i even made a painting with the motto and hung it up. the painting was of flowers blowing in the wind. and though, just not thinking about things isn't always the best approach, as you still have to come and deal with them later, it was what i needed for that particular phase in my life. i came back to deal with the things i needed to deal with when i was ready to lay them out. and it wasn't necessarily easier to deal with by waiting, but i was much less neurotic and stressed when i did. i used to have serious problems with insomnia due to my levels of stress... and i experienced this insomnia for most of my life. but, in the last 8 or so months, i've been sleeping like a baby. i don't keep myself up at night, even if there is something that is stressing me out. i suppose it's because i have things on a more manaegable level of stress.

also, somewhere on this forum someone posted these unhealthy loops we're prone to falling into. for me as an ISFP, the look was becoming too introverted and focused on Fi. Fi and tertiary Ni would eventually eat away at one another, if i had too little focus on my Se. with the reintroduction of focus on Se (such as making my painting with the motto, along with other hobbies) i balanced out my loop so Fi and Ni were no longer enemies bringing me into a downward spiral.

these unhealthy loops were caused by primary function and tertiary function eating away at one another, and less emphasis on the secondary function. could this be the case for you?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green