User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I thought ISFP at the beginning for her also. Because her motivations for action is revenge, wich is an "emotional motive" in some sort. But Fi and Se are submit to Ni and Te, more than the contrary. I don't thinkj she's extrovert, though, I think she is introvert: INTJ.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I thought ISFP at the beginning for her also. Because her motivations for action is revenge, wich is an "emotional motive" in some sort. But Fi and Se are submit to Ni and Te, more than the contrary. I don't thinkj she's extrovert, though, I think she is introvert: INTJ.
    I don't think an INTJ typically approaches revenge that way. Everything's literal for her, not metaphorical. And there's not a lot of cerebralness about her strategy. She's very pragmatic and tangible, not sitting around making calculating the best possible plans.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I don't think an INTJ typically approaches revenge that way. Everything's literal for her, not metaphorical. And there's not a lot of cerebralness about her strategy. She's very pragmatic and tangible, not sitting around making calculating the best possible plans.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ISFP seems plausible to me on some function theory level, but that's about the end of it. When I was typed ISFP for awhile, I had to read that ISFPs are the type that are most inclined to get heart disease from the stress of not confronting situations enough in life. That they even have less assertiveness than INFPs (this is in Quenk's book btw). It sounds rough. It wasn't me at all. They seem a lot more gentle in retrospect. And I don't change my own type because I want to be more "butch" in some fantasy/wishful thinking way. I'm a sensor, after all.. so I will talk about reality. I'm not proud of it, but I've been thrown in jail for assault, I have fought people who had knives (admittedly, after running around for awhile), I never killed 88 guys and a schoolgirl with a samurai sword, but I have come out on top against 4 assholes. It's safer to say that people who generally would solve their problems this way, and seem ISP, are ISTPs. No matter how many friendlier qualities they have. I'd like to retype Fi for some of those reasons myself, but I give up. Could it be that ISTPs can be human beings too?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Could it be that ISTPs can be human beings too?
    Scurrilous lies!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I don't know about this whole confronting issues and isfp thing. I am pretty straight up. Look at some of the people that are commonly typed as isfp, take Streisand, she doesn't have any wishy washy image thing going on. She knows what she wants and she goes after it. Same with a lot of the other isfp. The whole isfp don't confront things head on is complete and utter bullshit in my most humble of opinions. About the vengeance thing, I can be a little like that but it tends to dissipate pretty quickly. But am sure I could go on a nice little rampage given the right cause.

I think she is isfp. At least I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I don't know about this whole confronting issues and isfp thing. I am pretty straight up. Look at some of the people that are commonly typed as isfp, take Streisand, she doesn't have any wishy washy image thing going on. She knows what she wants and she goes after it. Same with a lot of the other isfp. The whole isfp don't confront things head on is complete and utter bullshit in my most humble of opinions. About the vengeance thing, I can be a little like that but it tends to dissipate pretty quickly. But am sure I could go on a nice little rampage given the right cause.

I think she is isfp. At least I do now.
    I'd like to believe ISFPs stand up for things. It seems ridiculous that they couldn't, if only because it's human. That said, this isn't about "given the right cause" either. Kiddo isn't Barbara Streisand. She is an ex-hitwoman, who quit, and then channeled those same skills into a better cause. You're making violence the exception. While with her it's always an option. We could drastically play it down to realistic aggression or general character traits and I still can't find one ISFP on this site who has any stories to relay to me on that (that's a good thing btw).

It is still a cause, her cause. It doesn't have to mean anything to anyone but you. But it needs to mean a lot to you. That is the way I see it. It isn't hard to see violence and aggression as aspects that push people to type t over f. Why is Spike Siegel t over f? People just run down a flow chart of stereotypes till they box you in. Like an egg rolling down a series of conveyor belts.

I think I am f over t because I do stand up for things. Things I believe in. And on the other hand I tend not to for things I don't feel anything for, no matter how logical it would seem to. Why would t be a more stubborn and pissy type of trait than f? That doesn't make any sense in the slightest.

Feel free to tell me things that ISFPs actually do that are even a fraction close to these behaviors then. As for stuff she does, I'm struggling to understand how she's merely operating on values. Also, I don't understand how you see yourself in any of this, when you once told me that you liked being ISFP because it's a type that's well liked. When I first read that, it surprised me. I've been trying to work on giving a shit about getting people to like me, as a rule or something, since I was a little kid.

More characters.. What makes Spike Spiegel an F or T? The fact that he's a similarly conflicted prick kind of helps. That he hung around the Yakuza to boot. And maybe you would fixate on his better qualities, and might wave off that last part.. "Oh, that Yakuza bit is just a minor detail. It's just a cartoon. It's not realistic." While I wouldn't see it as that unrealistic or unimportant. Art is always imitating life somehow. I once hung around one of the biggest gangs in the United States. I left too, before it got too crazy, but I can list more than a few people I knew that are serving 20, 60, and life sentences. Or dead. One of the last times I was with some of them, I was cruising around downtown, while they were acting up, pulling out guns and talking shit to rival gangsters on a street corner. Scaring the hell out of bystanders. I had had enough of it by that point and took off before they started firing.. and then lo and behold, get chased by cops.. and not only that, I outrun the cops. And when things are over with, and we're back on the highway, I tell them to shut the fuck up and that they're going home. Everyone just laughs about it. I feel more sensitive than anyone in the car. That was about the extent of my Fi then. Considering the people in the car, it's a pretty low standard. And I don't see ISFPs getting themselves in shit like that in the first place. And before you say you could, please don't say you understand it or see how someone of your type would be that way. I've yet to see an actual example.

You missed the point of that post about me liking being isfp because it is a type that is well liked. I meant that others image of isfp is a thing, just a thing in their mind. And everything you do, if you are isfp is filtered through that.

I do like being liked though. And I do like people. I like to get along with people. But I am not defined by it.

As far as whether Beatrix Kiddo isfp or not I don't really know. There is always some angle to throw whatever decision you have out.