User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Thanks. I thought that it is something like you described, I just wanted to be certain.

MBTI
    INFJ

And yes, I think that people of any type can be likeable or non likeable, but knowing some ISTPs I realised that I have some strange thing for that type. In friendlyor any other way.
    So, maybe it's time for this INFJ to find some free male ISTP...

MBTI
    ISTP

Don't force things on them,treat her with respect and she'll do the same for you, if you believe she needs help tell her that you're there but don't keep going on at her. But yeah have fun go paintballing or something :-P

Permabanned

ya, your point? haha

Permabanned

apparently I'm known to be picky with my food, and eating things without actually finishing haha. Which is offensive to some people.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    apparently I'm known to be picky with my food, and eating things without actually finishing haha. Which is offensive to some people.
    I did not know that ISTPs are so into food or beer...you always learn somethingnew

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    *nods vigorously*

This is how my ISTP and I have remained best buds without a single argument for the past 7 years. We do fun stuff together and only ever talk about personal stuff once in a blue moon, under the influence of alcohol, for the duration of about two minutes before moving on. If he wants to open up, he does, but people pry, poke, prod and all that, he just clams up and bolts. Not really any need for it anyway, since his actions always speak very plainly and clearly as to what his thoughts are!
    Amen.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INTJ

ISTPs are some cool mofos. I like TPs in general, though. They help me to chill. Nothing's worse than being around a bunch of TJs. Somebody's gonna end up having a heart attack.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

This thread reminded me how much I tend to forget that ISTPs are still Thinkers, even despite the stereotype for SPs to be less T-driven.

Like... I'm kinda sensitive to T-ness (like that moss that turns a certain color when water in the area is polluted), and you guys set off my T alarm way more than INTPs do lol :blushing:

I mean, I'm sorry, but I gotta agree with some other people so far. It sounds more like you guys want drinking partners more than you want actual "friends". With my friends, I ask them how things are going and make sure everything's okay in their personal lives. And if it's not, it's my job, as a friend, to know and be there to support them.

I mean, that's the difference between someone who's my friend and who's my acquaintance. With my friends, I actually care about what's going on with them and want to be there for them. So...
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

If it's not fun to interact with someone, why bother? It's not that we have to be doing fun things all the time, well it doesn't hurt, but many people are enjoyable to just talk with, too. It helps if they can be supportive and trustworthy when needed, if I want to count them in with the friends that I trust, but the vast majority of the time I'm with them I don't want or need to be talking about emotional stuff, so the simpler things are more important. I guess I would try to be emotionally supportive if that ever came up, but my friends are mostly male, mostly thinkers and I suppose I'm not really a touchy feely-seeming person either, so I don't get many people confiding emotional things to me, even people I'm dating (most of the time). I think most people really don't have serious emotional problems that need talking out very often, anyway. Minor things are usually more easily solved by improving your mood (fun stuff) than by dwelling over it anyway.

I really don't need or want full-on NF emotional support very often if at all, and I'm not very good at giving it either, so I tend to not be close friends with people who need that interaction. So everyone's happy.
    -end of thread-