User Tag List

First 12

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I read your post again and I still don't understand if you're asking how to become well-liked like you see on the forums, or how to become less liked in order to stop people from wanting to hang out with you. Or both? neither? Just observing?

:confused:

I haven't been called those nasty things except in jest, but I've thought them of myself at times. I think the common trend on the forum is not precisely to be well-liked, but rather to be thought of mildly positively in a vague, sort of abstract way, without many/any stronger connections or impressions.
    -end of thread-

@DoctorYikes: Btw, how exactly do you show off? I'm just curious. When I'm enjoying a conversation or some activity, I guess I can get carried away, start rambling about my point of view or maybe just screw around and shittalk playing a sport or something, but never could show off per se.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    @DoctorYikes: Btw, how exactly do you show off? I'm just curious. When I'm enjoying a conversation or some activity, I guess I can get carried away, start rambling about my point of view or maybe just screw around and shittalk playing a sport or something, but never could show off per se.
    Just a general mindset, I think. Since I was a kid I've pretty much had to endeavor to be The Best at any and everything I've undertaken. That, coupled with the desire to have an audience (Performer) I classify under 'Showing Off'. Tough balance at times, being motivated to impress people... yet not so motivated for them to stick around afterward. *heh*

Re: Double posts. I was trying to just delete them, but it was deleting both posts when I tried to do that. Is tricky, ha ha.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorYikes View Post
    I dunno. I'm a pretty big fan of showing off.
    I hate showing off, I look like your every day typical male with nun chuck skills. My point was though that ISTP's like stay on the down-low about things.

I wouldn't doubt some ISTPs (or IPs in general) would do it. Takes all kinds. Personally, when I grandstanded a little, it was impulsive, and I looked inside myself.. like "Wtf are you doing?" and stopped. It isn't my typical style or whatnot. For the most part, I don't like too much attention. Not even always in the mood for positive attention. A whole party could sing happy birthday for me and I could be dying to get it over with.