• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISTP-INFP Relationship

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thoughts?

And just to satisfy my curiosity...

hypothetical scenario:

You're in a relationship with an INFP that's managed to catch your interest. You and your friends go out to Vegas for a crazy-ass bachelor party for one of your friends. You drink a lot, you gamble a lot, and there are hot girls/guys all around.

Would you (and be honest) enjoy the hot girls/guys (if not sex, then what?) as much as you enjoy the other two mediums of entertainment? Especially if there's no way your boyfriend/girlfriend would find out? Or would that matter at all?

If you were engaged?

Married?

Just curious...

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
It depends on the individual ISTP.

Even if they love that sort of stimulation, when they decide to commit to someone, when they decide to love someone, it's as good as any other commitments.

There are douche ISTPs and there are ones who would never ever cheat.

This is an odd question. I sense that you have a purpose behind this.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It depends on the individual ISTP.

Even if they love that sort of stimulation, when they decide to commit to someone, when they decide to love someone, it's as good as any other commitments.

There are douche ISTPs and there are ones who would never ever cheat.

This is an odd question. I sense that you have a purpose behind this.

It was just a thought in my head :blushing:

In hindsight it probably should have stayed there :cry:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Individual basis. MBTI does not measure ethical standards of behavior.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, i'm not quite INFP, but i don't have a huge problem with my partner enjoying hot people around, though i would appreciate being asked about the whole sex thing first. i mean honestly, if you're half-drunk and suddenly get the chance to fool around with 5 showgirls, i can't really begrudge you that. i'd want to hear all about it though :laugh:

seriously though SP =/= addicted to physical stimulation. just cause you prefer and are better at sensing physical things and living in the moment doesn't mean you don't have relationship boundaries too :shrug:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What they said. Cut the poor guy some slack.

Dahlila

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My ISTP has been the guy who would have enjoyed the other 'entertainment' and the guy who wouldn't dream of straying. If the INFP in this situation had a solid relationship with the ISTP I don't think there would be a problem.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
It wouldn't work. But I would have sex with her. When I got tired of her, I'd just read her some poetry, and magically be single again.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It wouldn't work. But I would have sex with her. When I got tired of her, I'd just read her some poetry, and magically be single again.

Yep, very credible scenario!:D

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thoughts?

And just to satisfy my curiosity...

hypothetical scenario:

You're in a relationship with an INFP that's managed to catch your interest. You and your friends go out to Vegas for a crazy-ass bachelor party for one of your friends. You drink a lot, you gamble a lot, and there are hot girls/guys all around.

Would you (and be honest) enjoy the hot girls/guys (if not sex, then what?) as much as you enjoy the other two mediums of entertainment? Especially if there's no way your boyfriend/girlfriend would find out? Or would that matter at all?

If you were engaged?

Married?

Just curious...

He'll only cheat on you if a clear opportunity presents itself.

DarkBear

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've got an ISTP wife. It's weird to be the "feeling guy" all the time (even though I am a week F). She looks at me, when I am trying to discuss some topic of importance, and tells me, how emotional I am. I feel much sympathy for the women who are usually the ones in that position. I have never been in a relationship where I am in this role -- like I said, it feels weird.

Because she is so stoic, I used to get jealous a lot, in the early stages of the relationship. She would go off on ski trips and I'd wind up saying some stupid jealous thing to her, because (a) i wished I was a skilled enough skier to go on that trip, and (b) she was so darn stoic. I was never 100% sure how she felt, because she showed emotion so rarely.

These days I am more philosophical about it. She seems to love me as much as she is capable of loving anyone, even though she has no desire to talk about those feelings. Honestly, that's still a bitter pill for me, but hey, that's how life is sometimes. Instead of words, she gave me facts. Years of consistent dedication, and she almost never complains about personal discomfort or hardship. I just learned to believe in her, and love her as she is.

You should also know that she suffers a bit from depression. That exacerbates the low levels of emotional display.

Interestingly enough, my INFJ sister also married an ISTP. He seems to have lost interest in interacting with people in general, preferring the company of his TV. She has learned to deal with it by having her own life.