• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Why ESTP's are Fantastic!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This thread is devoted to our much overlooked STP's , especially our lone extrovert Whatever. So belly up to the bar, everyone, and let's learn about them! :)

Portrait of an ESTP

I need Magic in here to illuminate the glories of our wonderful STP's.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
My father is an ESTP. He's great company, funny. Kindly. He's competitive but only when he is meant to be. Outside of games he's just fun.

He's great with his hands... so he can either make something, fix something.... or will know someone who can.

Everyone knows him. Just everyone.

-Geoff

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know any IRL, but Whatever is fantastic! She's smart, witty, great on a dare, takes a joke as well as anyone I know, extremely friendly, good-natured and doesn't hold a grudge (or at least moves on quickly).

Jae Rae

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
The ability to do the most absurd things without a second thought of possible consequences.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've a colleague who's one, she's less ballsy than whatever, but that same sparkiness is there. They're very alive.

For an N like me, I tend to be caught in dreaming about what-ifs, what can be. The S grounds me. The ETP becomes like a common playground. :woot:

Sort of like having a conspirator for your madcap schemes, but coming from a different angle. :D Double trouble. fun.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ability to do the most absurd things without a second thought of possible consequences.

Like descending on Paraguay with $5 switchblades? You betcha!

As to my praise for ESTPs, it can be summed up in two words: Billy. Idol. SWEEET. (Ok, that made it three words, but it was really just a noise of approval meant to accent my arm-pumps...) :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
My brother is a really smart ESTP and can build anything and fixes things he's also very knowledgeable on wine and beer. He loves working with his hands and building things. He came up with a kegator design then built it himself and he is now in contact with some company and it's engineers in patenting his design and saleing it. He also knows how to have a good time and make sure others are as well.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Besides my best friend I don't know any ESTPs. However, they seem like they have the potential to be really cool people. In fact most types seem cool except for the TJs.

Something about toeing the line has always angered me ...:steam:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
They actually really enjoy life and make other people do it too. What better thing can be said?

ygolo

My termites win
I don't know many confirmed ESTPs in real life.

But one I did know is now a successful Mechanical Engineer, and happily married.

He was always kind-of goofy and enjoyed theater sports and playing with animals.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I don't know many confirmed ESTPs in real life.

But one I did know is now a successful Mechanical Engineer, and happily married.

He was always kind-of goofy and enjoyed theater sports and playing with animals.

Wouldn't goofy be more of an N than S trait? In fact (don't mean to throw salt in the wound) the only ESTP I know is the complete opposite of goofy. He has excellent co-ordination and is not the least bit socially akward.

However, if by goofy you meant a belligerent prankster then I absolutely agree.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
awww... why didn't I notice this thread yet? thank you guys! :wubbie: I'm kinna tipsy right now and it sorta makes me wanna cry! :cry:

sort of- I don't cry- that would make me a total sap who I'd secretly wish to beat up! :laugh:

Thanks though! :D I've been feeling kind of lonely here and this actually really cheered me up! :)

ygolo

My termites win
Wouldn't goofy be more of an N than S trait? In fact (don't mean to throw salt in the wound) the only ESTP I know is the complete opposite of goofy. He has excellent co-ordination and is not the least bit socially akward.

However, if by goofy you meant a belligerent prankster then I absolutely agree.

More the prankster, but not at all belligerent.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I copy from by blog where ENFP meets ESTP the good thing about ESTP's:

In general, I can say that I really like ESTP’s and their speed does not bother me at all. I think they are fun people and if they move too fast, I’ll just tell them to slow down. I think I would have extremely good time with ESTP's when going out to party or going hiking or anything that would involve moving. You'll also have long and interesting conversations with them when they take time and slow down for a while because of a conversation.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Okay I have several reasons for liking ESTPs, not just because I'm engaged to one. The first couple have been mentioned.
Definitely a winner. Nothing like having something to think about like "Why on earth did you do that?" :smile:
Thanks though! :D I've been feeling kind of lonely here and this actually really cheered me up! :)
The ability to go from sullen to cheerful in 0.45 seconds. :nice:

The singular skill of being able to stab someone with a six foot length of stabitty death and look all quizzical not only at them not getting back up again but also at all those mean mean people shouting at them. "What did I do?" :D

The ability to get into a supercharged Jaguar, drive it, comment on almost colliding with a roundabout but when asked "what was it like" shrugging and replying "I dunno. It was a car."
:steam:
Okay so perhaps that was a semi gripe :smile:

The most freaky thing though.... actually being able to star at a wall and think of nothing. Not just nothing intelligible or formed but actually nothing. NOTHING! :eek:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Okay I have several reasons for liking ESTPs, not just because I'm engaged to one. The first couple have been mentioned.

Definitely a winner. Nothing like having something to think about like "Why on earth did you do that?" :smile:

The ability to go from sullen to cheerful in 0.45 seconds. :nice:

The singular skill of being able to stab someone with a six foot length of stabitty death and look all quizzical not only at them not getting back up again but also at all those mean mean people shouting at them. "What did I do?" :D

The ability to get into a supercharged Jaguar, drive it, comment on almost colliding with a roundabout but when asked "what was it like" shrugging and replying "I dunno. It was a car."
:steam:
Okay so perhaps that was a semi gripe :smile:

The most freaky thing though.... actually being able to star at a wall and think of nothing. Not just nothing intelligible or formed but actually nothing. NOTHING! :eek:

I am almost certain my best friend is an ESTP and he constantly does absurd things simply because he is bored.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I am almost certain my best friend is an ESTP and he constantly does absurd things simply because he is bored.
Not sure about bored. I'm not sure that's a factor. I think it's more "new shiny shinier than old shiny". It's not that the other things lustre has been lost more that the new object of interest has seemingly more lustre.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Hmm ... sorry but I don't have a good reply for your last post.

Although, come to think of it, my friend loves anything that is new and shiny. He also has a good aesthitic sense (nice car and clothing, tastefully furnished houme, etc.)