• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] Why ESTP's are Fantastic!

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Best description of the type:
From Conversations with Promoter Executors

I make it happen. How I work—I have a picture in my head on how things will be, and I’m totally involved in the here and now. I am go, go, go. And that creates a lot of successes. I just dodge my way through the sparks and problems. I’m very task oriented. I like to do something, get it done, and move to the next thing. I love circumstances where it’s a challenge.

I’m a doer. What’s the mission and how are we getting there? Let’s work together. Let’s go. Throw any obstacle, I’ll find a way.

New stuff, that’s the thrill. I love to learn. I can take a prior experience and lay it right on top of what I’m doing today and carry it all forward, and it’s a snap. I do a lot of brainstorming on my feet, organizing the points in my mind mentally. What’s to worry? Just adapt. But draw me a picture, get me a list, or put it on my calendar. Sitting still is hard for me. I am really activity oriented and I don’t need lots of supervision. I look for variety in most positions. If it’s not there, I tend not to stay. I’d rather go out there and do it, just get on with things, and I can communicate that without having to spend a lot of time explaining. People know that if I have something that needs to be done, I do it. And I ask for help when it’s needed.

I am totally a people person. Working through people is the way to get things done. All of my energy, fun, and most uplifting experiences are focused around people. I don’t beat around the bush. Sometimes I have to tone it down a little bit—people may read me the wrong way. I’m very comfortable working either together as a team or individually. I like having flexibility, options, negotiating points. Some people need somebody to be very clear, very direct, and very to the point. That’s how I operate. And work needs to be mutually enjoyable for all of the parties involved. Celebrate achievements. Recognition or reward runs very high in my value system.

I love the challenge of creating something pleasing to the eye. I like the order, to walk into a place that’s totally chaotic, nothing’s happening, and there’s a great opportunity to straighten things out. I like to get the job of placing all the stuff, making it right so it works.

I like somebody with a little sizzle. The most important thing in relationships is absolute autonomy and independence. I admit I like to be in control and yet I’m kind of easygoing in that I just want freedom. Freedom to me is leave me alone, let me do it. Anything that constrains me around that I don’t like and kind of rebel against. I don’t like to be told what to do or what to think. And although I know it’s good for me, I don’t like feedback either. It takes a lot to rattle me, and even then I just go on. I tend not to dwell on things, but sometimes I have a tendency to imagine worst-case scenarios, especially when I am stressed.

Family is very important. Just getting together and being close with the family, I think that’s satisfying. I don’t have a whole lot of really deep friendships, but yet I like to think people would describe me as dedicated, determined, and loyal. I sometimes have difficulty concealing what I am thinking or feeling. I don’t like the pressure of having to say no. I can be somewhat cool but a genuine friend as a personal relationship evolves. Trustworthiness in personal relationships is very important, that we can disagree and still be friends, and if our backs were ever to the wall, I’m there and I would expect the same.

If I don’t respect someone, I avoid them. If I can find another way to do business I will. I surround myself with people that I feel comfortable with, but they’re totally my selection.

I like taking on something that I want to do and getting it done and seeing results, keeping things moving along just to see that I have met some goals—a feeling of accomplishment in a day. I’ll always take bigger risks if I feel confident enough. Then I’ll work with it for a while, and if I see it’s not going anywhere, I just move on and go from there. I guess that summarizes how I deal with situations.

Last edited:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I know there are obvious differences based on type theory, however can anyone give me some real life examples of how STPs differ IRL? I know that based on theory extraversion simply means that someone prefers to focus their energy and receive energy from the external world or object. Contrary to belief whether someone likes or dislikes being around people has no bearing on E/I and I would think that ETPs can get their fill of people just as quickly as IT types. In particularly, from all I read about ESTPs they really like autonomy and independence (what may appear to be core needs of many IT types).

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
My ESTP cousin is:
Reliable but definitely not boring. Kind (though tactless and blunt but only in a "there's no point not saying it" way) and fun, but not silly. She DOES feel hurt and get sad but she just deals with it, she doesn't make a big thing of it and she just moves onto the next stage in life. She's clever and quite resourceful, and she livens everything up. The only thing I would say is she she takes things very literally - like song lyrics. I played her Love & Hatred by the Cruxshadows and asked her what it was about. She said "Is it about breaking up with his girlfriend?" Sure, there's many things about her which annoy me but I do admire her in many ways, really.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
YEEEEEEA!!!!!!!

i just joined anyway. you know what. it took me forever to find out i'm ESTP. My ex-best friend, INFP, had been trying to explain myer briggs to me and then she classified me ENFP.

i read the profile and decided it couldn't be right, i hate gushy people! i tried to prove it to her since, and i have literally been reading through tons of myer briggs profiles!

until i took a really good quiz, and then decided ESTP did sound right. I have no problem being in uncomfortable situations (unless people are quarrelling, then i beat a hasty retreat)

Cools :)

P.s I was one of the naughtiest kids in school when i went to school in Asia, the place bored the crap outta me!

raincheckx3

"?" said it best,
the guy im currently hooking up with is an ESTP
the only problem now is his gf of 9 months.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
They sell cars so I don't have to.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Why do I like ESTPs? well let's just say if I ever started my own company, I'd somewhat misuse the MBTI and purposely look for a good collection of reliable ESTPs. their energy and execution is phenominal and unmatched

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
i know one estp
and
i think theyre the only one person who can really intimidate me :/

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I know there are obvious differences based on type theory, however can anyone give me some real life examples of how STPs differ IRL? I know that based on theory extraversion simply means that someone prefers to focus their energy and receive energy from the external world or object. Contrary to belief whether someone likes or dislikes being around people has no bearing on E/I and I would think that ETPs can get their fill of people just as quickly as IT types. In particularly, from all I read about ESTPs they really like autonomy and independence (what may appear to be core needs of many IT types).

I'm friends with a few. They do like autonomy. They always seem to have multiple social "outs" available so they always have a place to go if their present situation is too boxed in.

Fun to be with. They make me feel like I'm doing too much planning - I don't get that reaction a lot. Think on their feet.

Unique

this thread is exciting!!

Thanks all =D

and I can defiantly agree that we love shiney things

I can picture an ESTP striking gold or oil in their backyard or something... that would be.... interesting :p

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yay! It's nice to find a thread about ESTPs that dooesn't categorize us as manipulative con men!

We don't like to bored, we are loud, we move fast, talk fast, and think fast. We talk as much with our hands as our mouths and we draw pictures too if there is a whiteboard handy just to really bring the point home and make sure everybody is on the same page.

We are fun loving but all business when necessary. We're good natured and don't bruise easily, we don't hold a grudge, but boy oh boy when we get pissed it's usually bad...and the we're over it in about 2 minutes.

:D

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
they are a bit of a mystery to me. always full of surprises! sometimes i feel like i am on a different planet to what they are - its hard to get a connection with them. however, they are one of my favourite types!

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
and all you ESTPs are probably thinking 'connection'??? what the????

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love ESTPs. My lil bro (who loves to remind me that he's actually taller than me now, so technically he's my "bigger" brother) is an ESTP. We have our conflicts but overall I love being around him. He's so good about inviting me to go out, again and again, even if I've turned him down before, so that I don't feel left out. He's great to go to movies with because he comments and I laugh loudly and neither of us mind the other. He's also great about just kind of placing his hands on my shoulders when I'm absolutely freaking out and over-thinking something and nearly in tears and just going "Brio....No." Lol, which is usually helps quite a bit. And he's super smart so I can talk with him. He doesn't like to mull things over but at least I feel like he can get 'it' intellectually. It makes me more likely to take his advice. I don't think my brother is manipulative. lol, my ESxx sister is though. I respect how social he can be, always active, always in the know, almost always the life of the party.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The thing I really appreciate about some of the ESTP's I know in real life is that they are simple. (Not in a bad sense of the word.) They take things at face value and really seem to enjoy life without having too much drama. They just want to live life to the fullest and have fun.

sculpting

I just found my first real estp friend. it is odd as I lose her constantly cause i go all N on her, but we sort of bond over boys and hiking.

normally I just dont interact too much with them.

sade

I love ESTPs. My lil bro (who loves to remind me that he's actually taller than me now, so technically he's my "bigger" brother) is an ESTP. We have our conflicts but overall I love being around him.
I get that from my ESTP lil bro too. lol.
I like them very much and get along with them. I enjoy the energy, going to movies and so on. And perhaps because of being used to my brother, I don't feel pressured to really be different, so it's comfy. Not a very detailed answer..

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
I know one very estp friend of mine, who spends a lot of time dealing with the justice system of georgia.

Yeah steals just about anyting not nailed down. and gets caught for it a lot.

Unique

The thing I really appreciate about some of the ESTP's I know in real life is that they are simple. (Not in a bad sense of the word.) They take things at face value and really seem to enjoy life without having too much drama. They just want to live life to the fullest and have fun.

The smartest way is the simplest way

Otherwise we waste time with unnecessary complexity.

:)