• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFJ Female & ESFP Male

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
So,

After I thought that there's no matches for me beyond the crazy ENTP, I have come to the conclusion that my best most satisfying partner to date, is my sweet ESFP. I simply love everything about him, even the things I usually consider annoying. There's absolutely nothing that I don't love about him. What's the problem? I'm falling head over heals for him, but he's SO elusive. He "loves" me but I trust my intuition, he doesn't want to hurt my feelings. He was so enthusiastic about pursuing me, was even annoying me at the beginning, driving me crazy with calls and text and now that I'm all melting he's all disappearing.

What do I do? What keeps these crazy people in love?

awwsha

MBTI Type
ESFP
It may be a little different for me, because I am an ESFP female.

I love the thrill of maybe having a guy that I don't know I can have. This doesnt mean I go for guys that aren't single, but it means I like getting someone to like me. Sometimes though, by the time the feeling is considered mutually shared, I have moved on...either because I have given up, or because I have gotten bored.

What catches my attention is playfulness. Or when a guy has given me just enough time to miss or forget them, then they pop back up with an interesting proposition. I can rarely say no to a fun date. I love having fun. Traditional bores me.

To keep us interested in love you have to keep things new. As soon as a guy gets predictable, to the point where I can guess how he is going to react or what he is going to say, I no longer care for him. He has to show me new sides to himself all the time. Its intriguing and I want to figure him out.

Compliments mean everything to the ESFP. I thrive on compliments. I always need reassurance that I am liked.

Give him a little bit of time. The people we really like we always tend to come back to. Even if we get distracted with life for a little bit.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I find it hard to believe an INFJ likes everything about an ESFP. Everything?

And my advice is to tell him what you told us, and to follow your intuition at all times. I'd say INFJ+ESFP are a mindblowing concept but I'm afraid the Typ0C thought police will knock on my door, so I won't elaborate.

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
It may be a little different for me, because I am an ESFP female.

I love the thrill of maybe having a guy that I don't know I can have. This doesnt mean I go for guys that aren't single, but it means I like getting someone to like me. Sometimes though, by the time the feeling is considered mutually shared, I have moved on...either because I have given up, or because I have gotten bored.

What catches my attention is playfulness. Or when a guy has given me just enough time to miss or forget them, then they pop back up with an interesting proposition. I can rarely say no to a fun date. I love having fun. Traditional bores me.

To keep us interested in love you have to keep things new. As soon as a guy gets predictable, to the point where I can guess how he is going to react or what he is going to say, I no longer care for him. He has to show me new sides to himself all the time. Its intriguing and I want to figure him out.

Compliments mean everything to the ESFP. I thrive on compliments. I always need reassurance that I am liked.

Give him a little bit of time. The people we really like we always tend to come back to. Even if we get distracted with life for a little bit.

Yes, I can easily see ESFP being easily bored, but he's so irresistible and such a natural charmer. It's so hard for me to wait to see him again. I'm working on controlling my feelings. I asked him once to give me some solitude as I can not help but fall in love so hard, and I don't want that. He started laughing. It's hard for him to take things seriously at times.

For the underlined part, do you really think someone can live up to a mystery or stay in disguise for a long time? The more you spend time with a person the more you understand them. And this ESFP likes spending a lot of time with me, I love it but hate it at the same time. I feel like he's just exhausting all my conversational skills and getting to know so much about me too soon. I can't help it, we have long long flowing conversations. I have to ask him to leave or we'd talk forever!

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

And my advice is to tell him what you told us, and to follow your intuition at all times. I'd say INFJ+ESFP are a mindblowing concept but I'm afraid the Typ0C thought police will knock on my door, so I won't elaborate.

I understand your stand on this. I had an ESFP co-worker who I couldn't take. He was able to get under my skin. Not that he was a bad guy or anything, he was a very nice guy but I didn't like him very much for silly things that I couldn't appreciate about his personality make-up.

Yes, absolutely everything :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I understand your stand on this. I had an ESFP co-worker who I couldn't take. He was able to get under my skin. Not that he was a bad guy or anything, he was a very nice guy but I didn't like him very much for silly things that I couldn't appreciate about his personality make-up.

Yes, absolutely everything :)

Personality make-up? What do you mean?

Would you say that, beyond the make up though, he has a similar core to your ESFP? I mean, obviously you don't know your co-worker as well, but you're an INFJ so you might have some clue...

I guess what I'm trying to say is just mindful of what you truly value in a relationship and what you truly like about him. Start stripping him of this and this and see how well everything holds up. You sound like you are "in love" so that should be difficult (and you're an NF so you probably idealize people), but try and being objective, would be my advice.

The good thing about being objective in a thing like love that is all about feelings....is that, if it's truly good, it's good both objectively (according to the criteria we apply to everyone else) and subjectively.

awwsha

MBTI Type
ESFP
For the underlined part, do you really think someone can live up to a mystery or stay in disguise for a long time? The more you spend time with a person the more you understand them. And this ESFP likes spending a lot of time with me, I love it but hate it at the same time. I feel like he's just exhausting all my conversational skills and getting to know so much about me too soon. I can't help it, we have long long flowing conversations. I have to ask him to leave or we'd talk forever!

There is a difference between being mysterious, and being..predictable. Not a disguise either. If I know someone very well, I can start to predict their responses. Even down to the exact vocabulary they will use in reponse to what I say. It makes me feel like I can control the outcome of a conversation, based on the words I use. Every person has a million layers to their personality. Introverts tend to have more 'hidden' layers than some of us extroverts. It should not be difficult to occasionally show him a different view of yourself.

We do tend to ask a million questions, and find everything out about a person we can.

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Personality make-up? What do you mean?

Would you say that, beyond the make up though, he has a similar core to your ESFP? I mean, obviously you don't know your co-worker as well, but you're an INFJ so you might have some clue...

I guess what I'm trying to say is just mindful of what you truly value in a relationship and what you truly like about him. Start stripping him of this and this and see how well everything holds up. You sound like you are "in love" so that should be difficult (and you're an NF so you probably idealize people), but try and being objective, would be my advice.

The good thing about being objective in a thing like love that is all about feelings....is that, if it's truly good, it's good both objectively (according to the criteria we apply to everyone else) and subjectively.

Is he similar to my co-worker? Yes, yes of course. He's very similar to him, except I can tolerate his flaws and they don't bother me. Where my co-worker was just down right annoying to me. Is it love that's blinding me? I don't know. Maybe like you said, I'm idealizing people, and I know that I do idealize them emotionally, but I'm often well aware of their flaws especially when in love. It's just my choice to either ignore them or not.

You know, my first true love was an ENFJ. I would say by far ENFJs are the only people that really know how to naturally love and understand INFJs. When it was over I felt as though I literally teared my heart apart. Then my second love was an ENTP. I loved him so much that I fell under clinical depression when it was over. This ESFP reminds me of both, he's like the fusion of the passionate loving ENFJ and the curious elusive ENTP with another new sensual playful element.

I understand the importance of objectivity but objective analysis doesn't work for me when it comes to my heart. I can get the best guy out there who meets all the objective criteria, if I don't feel him, I don't want him. I don't even try to like him because he's "such a catch", I'm never logical when it comes to the matters of the heart. On the other hand, I can get the least perfect guy out there, if I like him, I can accept everything and live with it.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I understand the importance of objectivity but objective analysis doesn't work for me when it comes to my heart. I can get the best guy out there who meets all the objective criteria, if I don't feel him, I don't want him. I don't even try to like him because he's "such a catch", I'm never logical when it comes to the matters of the heart. On the other hand, I can get the least perfect guy out there, if I like him, I can accept everything and live with it.

Well, you and everybody else. I just mean, that it's important to flex the objectivity muscle.

Me tolerating my SO's flaws and not my coworker's doesn't sit well with me. Even though I subjectively would...it wouldn't feel right to me. But that's me of course.

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
There is a difference between being mysterious, and being..predictable. Not a disguise either. If I know someone very well, I can start to predict their responses. Even down to the exact vocabulary they will use in reponse to what I say. It makes me feel like I can control the outcome of a conversation, based on the words I use. Every person has a million layers to their personality. Introverts tend to have more 'hidden' layers than some of us extroverts. It should not be difficult to occasionally show him a different view of yourself.

We do tend to ask a million questions, and find everything out about a person we can.

Oh, I see. No, I'm not even close to being predictable.

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Me tolerating my SO's flaws and not my coworker's doesn't sit well with me. Even though I subjectively would...it wouldn't feel right to me. But that's me of course.

Believe me, it amazes me beyond words. I don't know how this could happen.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I have come to the conclusion that my best most satisfying partner to date, is my sweet ESFP. I simply love everything about him, even the things I usually consider annoying. There's absolutely nothing that I don't love about him. What's the problem? I'm falling head over heals for him, but he's SO elusive. He "loves" me but I trust my intuition, he doesn't want to hurt my feelings. He was so enthusiastic about pursuing me, was even annoying me at the beginning, driving me crazy with calls and text and now that I'm all melting he's all disappearing.

Lordy, Lordy. An INFJ and ESFP. Well, I will not show Sytpg's restraint. I'll just come on out and say it. JFNI, I think that's a freakin' nutso idea.

Seriously. INFJs and ESFPs are on different planets. No. Different solar systems. Maybe even different galaxies.

I know only of one INFJ/ESFP pairing. He was totally in love with her and she broke it off with him after about eight months. She is a great person. In fact, she's a dear friend of mine. However, as someone who knows them both, I can say it NEVER would have worked out. Not because they're not both great people, but because they have mutually-exclusive orientations to the world.

He (INFJ) is all about meaning. Just like all NFs, INFJs seek out the meaning and significance in everything. But more than that, their dominant iNtuition makes this an even more salient aspect of their personality. (You can read more about Introverted Intuition here.)

And, she (my ESFP friend) is all about experiencing. She has dominant Se. Dominant Extraverted Sensing can often be mistaken for intuition because it likes to step back and take a big picture look at the concrete details it sees. But it is not intuition.

Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence. - from CognitiveProcesses.com

There could not be a wider communication gap between two people than having opposing dominant functions in the opposite energy directions. You know they say that ENFPs and ESFPs are look-a-like relations. Meaning that they have similar obstacles and strengths. In fact, to the outside observer, it would be easy to confuse the two. Maybe you're drawn to your ESFP for all the reasons you'd be drawn to an ENFP.

Eventually, you'll get sick of the just having fun and want to get down to what really matters to you. Long passionate conversations. Intellectual reverie. Deep meaningful connections with your closest relationships. Only problem is that your ESFP won't be able to go there with you. And your desire for these things will probably bug the crap out of him.

I know of what I speak. I had an ESFP guy break my heart. The disconnect (he dominant Se / me dominant Ne) was very similar.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Believe me, it amazes me beyond words. I don't know how this could happen.

I don't mean to annoy you, or to judge you, but I'm genuinely curious : does it not bug you? Do you not feel it's kind of unfair?

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Lordy, Lordy. An INFJ and ESFP. Well, I will not show Sytpg's restraint. I'll just come on out and say it. JFNI, I think that's a freakin' nutso idea.

Oh, I know! BELIEVE me, I really do know that. It's just that I'm extremely attracted to him and I can brush it all off. Usually I'm terribly picky and flaws oriented when dating, but not with this guy. Please note, that when he came along I was completely out of the dating scene and wanted to just hang out with some friends. He was among the friends of friends group. We hit it off very quickly, leaving our friends jaws dropped. We created a really good understanding conversations. This may differ in actual application of what we have agreed upon, and I know it most likely will but I can't help it. I really like this nut case. He's totally crazy, I'm aware of it and I LOVE it. He on the other hand, loves that I'm the opposite of him. I like when he sits and I talk to him, his eyes just open up so wide, like a little kid learning something completely new from their parent.

usually I'm easily bored with potential mates. I'm not bored with this one at all. He stimulate me on every possible level. I can not wait to get off work to see him. I know this is going to end, just like everything else. But for now, I want to make the best out of this. :(

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I don't mean to annoy you, or to judge you, but I'm genuinely curious : does it not bug you? Do you not feel it's kind of unfair?

What is it?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
What is it?

That we tolerate certain things in certain people, but no in others?

It's something I'm personally very passionate about (and I obsess over the concept of fairness).

It's also tied in with objectiveness in service of good relationship decisions for me. The deep "in love" period would eventually fade if you were to marry for example...and in the long run, what doesn't annoy now, might annoy you as the years went by.

Eventually, you'll get sick of the just having fun and want to get down to what really matters to you. Long passionate conversations. Intellectual reverie. Deep meaningful connections with your closest relationships. Only problem is that your ESFP won't be able to go there with you. And your desire for these things will probably bug the crap out of him.

I agree with Esoteric on the likelihood of this happening too.

But, forget all this. Just follow what you think is right. Follow your intuition. Don't be a slave to your emotions, but to your gut feeling.

JFNI

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
That we tolerate certain things in certain people, but no in others?

It's something I'm personally very passionate about (and I obsess over the concept of fairness).

Well, to me the least logical thing is what makes perfect sense to me. Remember, I'm not a thinker, and so logic is of a very little significance to me when it comes to people.

If someone asked me, why do you like Zack over Jack, although both are the same, I would say I don't know, I just do. And this is pretty fair to me, I can't explain it and I shouldn't be able to explain it. Once it's explainable it's not in the same category as love and liking. Those things should not be explained because they belong solely to the ultimate irrationality.

Makes sense? :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Well, to me the least logical thing is what makes perfect sense to me. Remember, I'm not a thinker, and so logic is of a very little significance to me when it comes to people.

If someone asked me, why do you like Zack over Jack, although both are the same, I would say I don't know, I just do. And this is pretty fair to me, I can't explain it and I shouldn't be able to explain it. Once it's explainable it's not in the same category as love and liking. Those things should not be explained because they belong solely to the ultimate irrationality.

Makes sense? :)

None. And I'm an NF myself (ENFP). I hate the idea that I'm positively discriminating and negatively discriminating people with no real reason. A friend of mine is only a friend of mine because he has moral merit. I only not like people when they prove they are assholes.

Not being a thinker doesn't mean one can't be congruent and coherent. And explaining things doesn't make it lose it's beautiful. It's not even explaining, it's self-awareness.

Otherwise, you can't ever like someone who is lovely if you are conscious that person is lovely and that is why you like him/her. Nor can you ever hate someone genuinely "simply" because they do bad things.