• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Hate an ISTP? Tell us why!

ISTPs are...

• Awesome!

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • ok I guess... whats so good about them?

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. I don't know why in the name of the divine on high you think that it's even possible you're an ISFJ 2.

2. Ya I guess it's smart to talk about stuff you are smart about.

3. Indeed stupid people of all types hate long rants.

4. I'm glad you answered my question.

:laugh: He's just another bratty INTP.
Poor Raptor.

Permabanned
:laugh: He's just another bratty INTP.
Poor Raptor.

NqRlY.png

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just voted ISTPs are awesome like 26 other people did.

6 people by the way are player haters!

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
i want 2 b ur friendz, but u think im 2 weeerd. =( =( =(

ArtemisFull

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
  • Getting stuck in a rut (aka accepting things as they are so much that they overlook change... even if it's for the better.) ISTPs do what they do. And the do it very well. And that's pretty much all they do. For example, my ISTP has his routine and he sticks to it pretty religiously. It never occurs to him to look at his routine and see if he needs to shake things up a bit.

As for myself, I disagree with this. I tend to hate routine (although I very much need it) and get extremely bored when I have to keep to a certain schedule. I like to work spontaneously and in extremely productive bursts. It's definitely been a challenge working in the corporate world and to have to adjust to mandatory regiments that come along with the job. I feel suffocated at times :cry:

Everything else I agree with EWench.

• Over thinking things. Did I mention over thinking things. Oh yeah, don't forget over thinking things.
  • When it comes to emotions, my ISTP has a tendency to get into the DLLD (aka The Dreaded Logical Loop of Doom), a term we shamelessly co-opted from MDP2525 on this very forum. In other words, he tries to apply his Ti to "understanding" and "defining" his feelings and this overloads his processor (because you can't understand emotions using traditional ISTP Ti tactics) and thus he gets stuck in the DLLD zone. I think of a robot who is trying to process some sort of logical problem that doesn't have any solution so it gets stuck and can only repeat over and over, "Processing... processing..." It tends to completely blow out his operating systems... so to speak.

I especially agree with the above two. This tendency to over think makes me extremely paranoid and is a cause of stress. Sometimes something will happen that will just be kind of bad in others' opinons (if not normal), but I will over analyze the situation (e.g., everything from the person's facial expression at the time to the words that were said) and I will impulsively take action to try to fix this barely existing "bad" situation. But then again, I have high social anxiety, so perhaps not all ISTPs are like this. And that Dreaded Logical Loop of Doom - so true. Drives me nuts!

roastingmallows

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Clearly no one hates ISTPs. I really only know one and that is my dad. I certainly don't hate my dad, but I can kind of understand why my mom (ENFP) did!

Let me start by saying that I have loads of respect for him, and he is one of the smartest people I know, at least in an ISTP sort of way. He is not great with words and he's not got a lot of formal education (he dropped out of high school and attended carpentry school), but he sure knows his way around tools and devices, so yeah, he is totally a stereotype. He can fix or build anything. Cars, computers, woodwork, drywall, concrete, you name it. It's a little surprising that he is so good with computers since he is so inclined towards manual labor, but a computer is the same to him: a lot of parts that make sense to him. He has this crazy ability to look at problems from different perspectives and always know exactly what goes where.

On the negative side, he is a little cold. He is extremely uncomfortable with emotions of any kind. He is a pragmatist to the extreme and won't accept anything without concrete evidence. He is not exactly generous or helpful to anyone outside his immediate family, and he is pretty selfish. He only does things because he has to do them, not because he really cares or wants to help. I was once convinced he was an ISTJ not an ISTP because he is so steady and frugal and all the ISTP descripions say he should be kind of spontaneous and fit into the SP temperament better than he does, but that was what decided it for me: He does not DO things because of any internal drive or desire to do the right thing or anything like that. He does what he has to, and begrudgingly at that. (A lot of that probably has to do with the Enneagram though. He is a 5w6 strong SP/sx.)

I think my mom's least favorite thing about him was how he regarded her as silly and inconsequential and basically useless, and never offered her any moral support for any of her (admittedly numerous) endeavors. She is pretty ridiculous, but he was pretty critical. He rarely had anything nice to say to her, though he didn't say much at all, and what he considered nice (i.e. constructive), to her seemed condescending and negative.

I've only seen him use his Fe once, and that was when my mom left him. It has been so neglected over the years that it was a pretty sad sight. He became pathetic and clingy when he was usually so distant and detached.

Anyway, he remarried to an ESFJ and she really brings out the best in him more than my mom did. I think my mom's energy overwhelmed him and pushed him deeper into introversion. My stepmom has much more in common with him. She is a lot more down to earth and practical and he just respects her more. I think Ne just rubs him the wrong way. XD

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't know if it'd be a good example, but my ISTP boyfriend is obnoxiously clingy and emotionally manipulative to a point where I don't think he know's he's doing it.

He's not really 'cool' as the rest of this forum puts it. He doesn't focus enough on the actual relationships with people but instead sees them as machines with General guidelines to make them work. He never thinks he can try something new and instead uses the same methods for everything over and over again. He hates to be left out of any decisions but leaves everyone else out of his decisions. He is overall very self-centered

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of the time are extremely boring
Sometimes - if not most times - are unsociable
Lacks communication skills.
Moody - or come across that way -.
Generally unfunny

However, most ISTP women - and INFJs - from what I have noticed are generally physically attractive as an average more so than any other type.

But my gosh the women are boring too.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not a huge fan of Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford..
I was teasing my ISTP cousin today, she's adorable

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm getting ISTP a sense of humor for Christmas. Jk.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am not a huge fan of Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford..
I was teasing my ISTP cousin today, she's adorable

I often get tricked and teased by nfjs. They are never hurtful and and are often funny but I end I feeling like a sucker often.

I guess it's because I never expect an nfj to trick me.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often get tricked and teased by nfjs. They are never hurtful and and are often funny but I end I feeling like a sucker often.

I guess it's because I never expect an nfj to trick me.

I can never win with teasing my ESTP best friend, she's unbeatable :laugh: we have so much fun together :D

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the time are extremely boring
Sometimes - if not most times - are unsociable
Lacks communication skills.
Moody - or come across that way -.
Generally unfunny

However, most ISTP women - and INFJs - from what I have noticed are generally physically attractive as an average more so than any other type.

But my gosh the women are boring too.

I have an ISTP and INFJ cousins and they're sisters, and Gosh their beauty is BREATHTAKING!! Making the rest of the family look just average :cry:
My ISTP cousin looks a lot like Elizabith Tylor but with a little more baby face, it's not only me who think that, she was actually told by multiple people>>> Another reason to hate ISTPs :dry:

*Love you [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] :smile: *

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can never win with teasing my ESTP best friend, she's unbeatable :laugh: we have so much fun together :D

Yes, i had alot of fun with my ENFJ ex, we just sucked at things when we got close. My ex actually used that fun is "why" we should be together. But alas i refuse to deal with the shit at the times when it went south. It went WAY to far south.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

ESTPs (and ENTPs) are witty. It's hard to defeat them in teasing. Somehow I was never a fan of wit. I find it more enjoyable to let the other party make witty comebacks at me rather than me shredding them into pieces. Perhaps this means I have a good sense of humour or perhaps I know teasing (or wit) could backfire or perhaps I know letting someone win at a good teasing competition lowers their guard at me or perhaps I grew tired of seeing my male ENTP cousin (who is 4 years elder to me) use his wit over and over and thought to myself at a very young age that I need my own strategy to a light hearted argument/tease.

However, I could be cruelly witty when at those whom I despise.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTPs (and ENTPs) are witty. It's hard to defeat them in teasing. Somehow I was never a fan of wit. I find it more enjoyable to let the other party make witty comebacks at me rather than me shredding them into pieces. Perhaps this means I have a good sense of humour or perhaps I know teasing (or wit) could backfire or perhaps I know letting someone win at a good teasing competition lowers their guard at me or perhaps I grew tired of seeing my male ENTP cousin (who is 4 years elder to me) use his wit over and over and thought to myself at a very young age that I need my own strategy to a light hearted argument/tease.

However, I could be cruelly witty when at those whom I despise.

Oh you're one nice ESTP :)
My friend is enneagram 8, no winning with ESTP 8s, they shred the tender NFJ into peices and take a long evil laughter afterwards :laugh: but she's lovable, those who know her well would not get mad at her witt