• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Hate an ISTP? Tell us why!

ISTPs are...

• Awesome!

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • ok I guess... whats so good about them?

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes I know, I'm the hate thread carrier. :blush:
Aside from that, I would really like to know what are the negatives to the ISTPs. Or why you would dislike/hate an ISTP. On this thread you can post bad experiences that you have had with an ISTP and things like that. :)

PS: (I like ISTPs)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought ISTPs were like ESTPs in the sense that they cannot possibly be hated...they're too cool...that is, you could hate them if you're jealous.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Slippery little suckers, though..

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, Satine. Secrets much? Having said that, they may go back to raking in the cool points.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I can see how one could hate an individual "unhealthy" ISTP... but I think it's nearly impossible to hate the average ISTP. They are too cool. :D

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hell, I've managed to meet an annoying ISTP. Although he may be balanced between E/I... he had a tendency to call me out on everything and translate my usually obscure actions correctly. What could be more annoying than being exposed? :p Bastard. That and he was kind of obnoxious.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh. You guys *don't* like that?? Oops...:blush: :doh:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hell, I've managed to meet an annoying ISTP. Although he may be balanced between E/I... he had a tendency to call me out on everything and translate my usually obscure actions correctly. What could be more annoying than being exposed? :p Bastard. That and he was kind of obnoxious.

Try being married to one who does that (but my husband is not obnoxious). Highly annoying indeed! :yes:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

:yes:

I hate that they're so much cooler than myself. I know it's a hard task, but they seem to do it well. :shrug:

DJAchtundvierzig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Awww, come on, you guys can shed a little hate. :)

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Kinda hard to hate someone you don't know about :alttongue:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh. You guys *don't* like that?? Oops...:blush: :doh:

Hahah... sometimes it's welcome. :yes: A good rule of thumb is: If we're blatantly trying to walk away from you, it's not welcome. If we stick around, it's probably fine. Tricky to figure out, huh? :laugh:

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm pretty sure I know some people who think I'm a jerk...oh well...maybe I am a jerk. :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright alright, let's do this properly, shall we?

* Frigging impossible to get to know properly

* Constantly paranoid that the world is out to get them

* Convinced they don't need *anyone* and consequently consider those that cannot take care of themselves (or so they perceive) as not worthy of their respect and even deserving of their bullying

* Run like the wind when confronted with their own potential vulnerability (not to mention feewings!)

* Can make you feel like you're an incessant blabbermouth since they don't say *a thing*

Let's start with that, shall we? :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTPs killed my entire family :( and they laughed as they were doing it, heartless bastards!

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread should merge with all the "why doesn't ISTP love me" threads. Plenty of resentment built up on those threads. *timer dings* What do you know - hate is ready. :D

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmmm...

• So worried about being precise, they can totally miss the mark. For example, my ISTP was measuring a kitchen drawer front to drill some handle holes. He was so focused on get the measurements correct to the 1/64th of an inch that he forgot to step back after all the measurements were taken to see if it "looked centered." If he had, he would have noticed that something was out of whack and he needed to recalculate.
  • Getting stuck in a rut (aka accepting things as they are so much that they overlook change... even if it's for the better.) ISTPs do what they do. And the do it very well. And that's pretty much all they do. For example, my ISTP has his routine and he sticks to it pretty religiously. It never occurs to him to look at his routine and see if he needs to shake things up a bit.
  • Living in the moment at the expense of developing any sort of long range plan.
  • Not taking into consideration how their actions / lack of actions affect others.
  • Over thinking things. Did I mention over thinking things. Oh yeah, don't forget over thinking things.
  • When it comes to emotions, my ISTP has a tendency to get into the DLLD (aka The Dreaded Logical Loop of Doom), a term we shamelessly co-opted from MDP2525 on this very forum. In other words, he tries to apply his Ti to "understanding" and "defining" his feelings and this overloads his processor (because you can't understand emotions using traditional ISTP Ti tactics) and thus he gets stuck in the DLLD zone. I think of a robot who is trying to process some sort of logical problem that doesn't have any solution so it gets stuck and can only repeat over and over, "Processing... processing..." It tends to completely blow out his operating systems... so to speak.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright alright, let's do this properly, shall we?

* Frigging impossible to get to know properly
:blush:

* Constantly paranoid that the world is out to get them

* Convinced they don't need *anyone* and consequently consider those that cannot take care of themselves (or so they perceive) as not worthy of their respect and even deserving of their bullying
I will use another types tactic. Do not think this.

* Run like the wind when confronted with their own potential vulnerability (not to mention feewings!)
:blush: sometimes

* Can make you feel like you're an incessant blabbermouth since they don't say *a thing*