User Tag List

View Poll Results: ISTPs are...

39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome!

33 84.62%
  • ok I guess... whats so good about them?

6 15.38%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hate an ISTP? Tell us why!

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    1. I don't know why in the name of the divine on high you think that it's even possible you're an ISFJ 2.

2. Ya I guess it's smart to talk about stuff you are smart about.

3. Indeed stupid people of all types hate long rants.

4. I'm glad you answered my question.
    He's just another bratty INTP.
    Poor Raptor.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    He's just another bratty INTP.
    Poor Raptor.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

I just voted ISTPs are awesome like 26 other people did.

6 people by the way are player haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'm as ISFJ as they come
    Ha! Right, buddy.
    If this is the best of possible worlds, what then are the others?
    ― Voltaire, Candide

Everyone knows it's true....

i want 2 b ur friendz, but u think im 2 weeerd. =( =( =(

Junior Member Array ArtemisFull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    • Getting stuck in a rut (aka accepting things as they are so much that they overlook change... even if it's for the better.) ISTPs do what they do. And the do it very well. And that's pretty much all they do. For example, my ISTP has his routine and he sticks to it pretty religiously. It never occurs to him to look at his routine and see if he needs to shake things up a bit.
    As for myself, I disagree with this. I tend to hate routine (although I very much need it) and get extremely bored when I have to keep to a certain schedule. I like to work spontaneously and in extremely productive bursts. It's definitely been a challenge working in the corporate world and to have to adjust to mandatory regiments that come along with the job. I feel suffocated at times

Everything else I agree with EWench.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    • Over thinking things. Did I mention over thinking things. Oh yeah, don't forget over thinking things.
    • When it comes to emotions, my ISTP has a tendency to get into the DLLD (aka The Dreaded Logical Loop of Doom), a term we shamelessly co-opted from MDP2525 on this very forum. In other words, he tries to apply his Ti to "understanding" and "defining" his feelings and this overloads his processor (because you can't understand emotions using traditional ISTP Ti tactics) and thus he gets stuck in the DLLD zone. I think of a robot who is trying to process some sort of logical problem that doesn't have any solution so it gets stuck and can only repeat over and over, "Processing... processing..." It tends to completely blow out his operating systems... so to speak.
    I especially agree with the above two. This tendency to over think makes me extremely paranoid and is a cause of stress. Sometimes something will happen that will just be kind of bad in others' opinons (if not normal), but I will over analyze the situation (e.g., everything from the person's facial expression at the time to the words that were said) and I will impulsively take action to try to fix this barely existing "bad" situation. But then again, I have high social anxiety, so perhaps not all ISTPs are like this. And that Dreaded Logical Loop of Doom - so true. Drives me nuts!

7w6 so/sx
    IEE Ne

Clearly no one hates ISTPs. I really only know one and that is my dad. I certainly don't hate my dad, but I can kind of understand why my mom (ENFP) did!

Let me start by saying that I have loads of respect for him, and he is one of the smartest people I know, at least in an ISTP sort of way. He is not great with words and he's not got a lot of formal education (he dropped out of high school and attended carpentry school), but he sure knows his way around tools and devices, so yeah, he is totally a stereotype. He can fix or build anything. Cars, computers, woodwork, drywall, concrete, you name it. It's a little surprising that he is so good with computers since he is so inclined towards manual labor, but a computer is the same to him: a lot of parts that make sense to him. He has this crazy ability to look at problems from different perspectives and always know exactly what goes where.

On the negative side, he is a little cold. He is extremely uncomfortable with emotions of any kind. He is a pragmatist to the extreme and won't accept anything without concrete evidence. He is not exactly generous or helpful to anyone outside his immediate family, and he is pretty selfish. He only does things because he has to do them, not because he really cares or wants to help. I was once convinced he was an ISTJ not an ISTP because he is so steady and frugal and all the ISTP descripions say he should be kind of spontaneous and fit into the SP temperament better than he does, but that was what decided it for me: He does not DO things because of any internal drive or desire to do the right thing or anything like that. He does what he has to, and begrudgingly at that. (A lot of that probably has to do with the Enneagram though. He is a 5w6 strong SP/sx.)

I think my mom's least favorite thing about him was how he regarded her as silly and inconsequential and basically useless, and never offered her any moral support for any of her (admittedly numerous) endeavors. She is pretty ridiculous, but he was pretty critical. He rarely had anything nice to say to her, though he didn't say much at all, and what he considered nice (i.e. constructive), to her seemed condescending and negative.

I've only seen him use his Fe once, and that was when my mom left him. It has been so neglected over the years that it was a pretty sad sight. He became pathetic and clingy when he was usually so distant and detached.

Anyway, he remarried to an ESFJ and she really brings out the best in him more than my mom did. I think my mom's energy overwhelmed him and pushed him deeper into introversion. My stepmom has much more in common with him. She is a lot more down to earth and practical and he just respects her more. I think Ne just rubs him the wrong way. XD