• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Hate an ISTP? Tell us why!

ISTPs are...

• Awesome!

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • ok I guess... whats so good about them?

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know where I work I can be seen as a bitch and I have been told I'm mean and intimidating. I work with 98% NF's. Even so, I know that I can come off that way. Somehow when I state something it is taken as rude. When all I was trying to do was relay information. It is blunt and to the point. That's for sure.

The fact she is taking time to see if things are all right with you and she admits she can be a bit of a bitch show that she is trying. Would she even care if she was that much of a bitch? Just a thought.

Seriously. I have had similar discussions with co-workers who have had issues with me and I was trying to reach an understanding only to be met with a lot of attitude. Which honestly puzzled me.

I do pick on certain people. If I see that someone is consistently being lazy or making the same dumb mistakes over and over again then I will call a person out. It's done more to let them know they need to make strides to improve that area of work. Otherwise, with the way my job is set up, guess who's doing their work if they don't? Me. That's not gonna happen. Trust me. After the 10th and 11th time of nicely asking I only seem to get results when I bust someone's balls. Which is fine by me if that's what gets the job done.

I don't hold anyone else to a standard which I won't hold myself too. I'm tough but fair. IDK. Maybe she's a major bitch but maybe she's a bit misunderstood too.

Sunny Ghost

^i know other xSTP's, and i've never had this problem with any of them. she's the type of person to jump to conclusions without rightly assessing the situation first. i recall a moment once where she stormed up to me and accused me of not having done something i was suppose to do. the problem was, she just didn't see me already do it. i told her i had, but she was so sure i was lying.

other problems that i've had with her, are the fact that she was the person who was suppose to train me for my job. however, she was terrible at it, and i felt as though i learned next to nothing about the company i was working for or any of it's guidelines and etc. instead, i was forced to learn the proper rules through her getting on to me in the several weeks following my training period. i've been waiting tables and working in restaurants for a long long time, and everywhere i've ever worked, been regarded very highly and moved up the ladder very quickly as well to head server, bartender and server manager. i work hard and i listen. so, it was a surprise to me as well, when i was constantly being yelled at for things that i was not originally told during my training session. each time, i had to reply, "i was not informed of this before. but now i know. sorry."

and what really pisses me off, is that a lot of the times it's as though she expects me to not only pull my own weight, but to pull hers as well. we work in a restaurant, and even on days when i'm hosting, she'll snap at me to get her tables drinks, or refills, or to run her food. but she's the one who's going to make the actual tip off the table. i'm all for helping my fellow employees, but if it's slow and you're texting on the phone, don't yell at me to do your job.

i feel like she senses me to be a feeler and more sensitive than her, and so she's decided to prey on that. the females that are also feelers that she gets along with are softball buddies with her, and so she's chum-like with them. but all the rest of us female feeler types at work, that don't play softball with her, are prey.

she's even condescendingly referred to me as, "oooh, sweet, sweet, karen..." after i was helping out our blind employee with something one day.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She sounds like she's got some personal issues with you for whatever reason. Either way. Not much of a leader. Carry on. ;)

Standuble

I don't like them because everything about them screams "poor man's INTP" or "beer swilling ISTJ." I can't stand the annoying little blighters.

Standuble

Goddarn it, there is already a thread in existence with this very name. Mods, wipe this abomination from the face of this world as if it were a mere bug!

W

WALMART

Dark, seedy, unreliable and chock full of moral transgressions. Low standards of quality, near-daily complacency. Uninterested in most daily happenings - unless drugs, sex, or videogames are involved. Spotty fuzzy logic and half-truths abound.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
asshole/know-it-all tendencies, emotionally stunted, loose morals, impulse control problems

too good looking

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
asshole/know-it-all tendencies, emotionally stunted, loose morals, impulse control problems

too good looking

:ninja:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They are a lite version of INTPs.

Gya ha ha !!

Jaguar

What the heck is: "Gya ha ha !!" [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] Is that the INTP version of Bruce Willis' "Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker!" Lol.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Dark, seedy, unreliable and chock full of moral transgressions. Low standards of quality, near-daily complacency. Uninterested in most daily happenings - unless drugs, sex, or videogames are involved. Spotty fuzzy logic and half-truths abound.

didn't you call yourself istp for a little while?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
antisocial, loves/owns guns and probably least likely to seek mental health if they end up having to lose those guns. king of one-liners..sometimes jokes with no punch lines.
sometimes its like they secretly wish things to break, so they can pull out their tools to repair it. the, if it aint broke dont fix it does not apply to them, they will break things just to see if they can fix it. loves beer.

not really annoying at all but hard to figure out what they are thinking sometimes

another thing. they are 1 type to welcome a zombie apocalypse

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rasofy, you seem to know every video game, every sport, every movie, every meme, and pretty much everything in the pop culture world.

Care to explain?
Dear Raptor (see how well-mannered I am? I'm as ISFJ as they come),

The secret to look like you know everything is not to show up when you're ignorant about the topic in question.

Also, instead of writing walls of text to people who aren't gonna change their minds about a given subject (INXXs love that), it's usually wiser to invest your time learning new things.

Finally, avoid using Ti. Otherwise FJs are gonna think you're rude, FPs are gonna think you're soulless, and TJs will get frustrated because you're nitpicking.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dear Raptor (see how well-mannered I am? I'm as ISFJ as they come),

The secret to look like you know everything is not to show up when you're ignorant about the topic in question.

Also, instead of writing walls of text to people who aren't gonna change their minds about a given subject (INXXs love that), it's usually wiser to invest your time learning new things.

Finally, avoid using Ti. Otherwise FJs are gonna think you're rude, FPs are gonna think you're soulless, and TJs will get frustrated because you're nitpicking.

1. I don't know why in the name of the divine on high you think that it's even possible you're an ISFJ 2.

2. Ya I guess it's smart to talk about stuff you are smart about.

3. Indeed stupid people of all types hate long rants.

4. I'm glad you answered my question.