• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] On the Road

craigensa

MBTI Type
ISFP
I read this Jack Kerouac novel 2 weeks ago, my first one of his, and as I live in the UK I had to go seek it out...we don't necessarily get exposed to classic American literature over here.

Does anyone who has read it agree with me that it is one of the ultimate SP books? It certainly rings true with me in that I would love to have made those journeys just for the sake of making them, and yet maybe I would have found travelling with Dean Moriarty/Neal Cassady (who I have read somewhere is the epitome of the ESFP) a little too wacky and intense. And Kerouac's whole style of writing...it's just beautiful. Yes, sketchy and unprepared stream of consciousness stuff...but it seems so natural.

So...who's with me?