User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: watching people

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I like stalking people, does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think NF eyes are too emotive to watch a paticular person. You can kind of feel or know someone is looking at you if they aren't far enough.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    I think NF eyes are too emotive to watch a paticular person. You can kind of feel or know someone is looking at you if they aren't far enough.
    I think that applies to everyone.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Then how do you guys get away with watching people?
    Oh, its
    You

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Then how do you guys get away with watching people?
    Room scan....

Or, never keeping your eyes on someone for more than a second or two, and moving on, to possibly come back to later.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Who watches the watchers?
    And who watches the watches?

Anyway, I enjoy watching people too but not so much about the body movement and such but I like to watch their personality, I try to look inside that person, try to understand. Even more I love to watch people in groups, how they develop the group "harmony" or "disharmony", how they decide who is the leader, who is the follower and so on.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I'm a huge people-watcher. People can be very amusing to watch.

This was a recent status of mine on Facebook:

"I love Seattle. Every time I get on the bus I find a completely different set of characters."

Tons of people have a super interesting style, and there are crazies sometimes. Like the guy holding a rod of some sort who thought he was some kind of superhuman, and the dude who kept going on and on about how he still buys underwear and socks for his 24 year old and always will.

My friend (INFJ?) and I were people-watching at a show about a year ago when I visited Austin. We seriously found at least one person for every sub-genre out there. Punks, hipsters, emos, rastas, rudies, the list goes on. It was incredible.

Then we spotted a few girls who looked sixteen or so with stamps on their hands indicating they could legally drink. We talked about walking up to them but ultimately I didn't want to cuz it just felt weird... they probably just had connections or something. We met up with some other chicks that we partied with later anyway.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    fool

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    And who watches the watches?

Anyway, I enjoy watching people too but not so much about the body movement and such but I like to watch their personality, I try to look inside that person, try to understand. Even more I love to watch people in groups, how they develop the group "harmony" or "disharmony", how they decide who is the leader, who is the follower and so on.
    Is that what ENFPs do when they stop and they just... They just stare at you intensely in between laughing and wiggling and talking, and then they get really quiet and pensive and calm out of the blue and just stare your eyes for minutes? It's like watching someone trying and drill a hole in your skull.

I like people-watching. I like to watch when they don't notice I am looking. I like looking into their eyes when they talk and they don't look into mine. (I do the stare thing too, but only when they don't notice). Or even if they're looking straight at me, some eyes just don't feel penetrating at all, I feel like we can easily stare at each other and yet the person can't really see me. I like watching who else is watching. I like watching because I want to understand them. I like to watch because it's interesting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

BUY THIS BOOK. It'll change everything.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Is that what ENFPs do when they stop and they just... They just stare at you intensely in between laughing and wiggling and talking, and then they get really quiet and pensive and calm out of the blue and just stare your eyes for minutes? It's like watching someone trying and drill a hole in your skull.
    Actually I meant not so direct watching. I try to understand and I "feel" people mentally. But when I do what you describe, and in those cases, I try to connect to another person more deeply.