Thread: "Nerdy" ISTPs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Default "Nerdy" ISTPs

There is this idea perpetuated by ISTP profiles that a person with the mindset of TiSe is a too-cool-for-school, mechanically-minded, motorcycle driving, surfer dude who gives nerds wedgies. I suspect, in reality, that there are ISTPs who are those nerds....

A Ti-dom friend of mine seemed INTP to me because he's very nerdy in a scientific, logical, cerebral way. He's sarcastic, a man of few words, and far prefers reading something like Les Miserables to working on a car. His interests revolve around computers & food. However, I see little about him that suggests Ne-aux, especially in his expressions. He seems more intune with the tangible - for one, he's an AMAZING cook (I just left his house where I gorged myself on homemade kung pow chicken, potstickers, haznel nut icecream & a cocktail he invented). He also strikes me as pretty realistic & practical, where INTPs do NOT (although they may see themselves that way). Anyway, he is just an example of what I think a nerdy ISTP may look like.

Thoughts? Any nerdy ISTPs here?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

My cousin is a nerdy ISTP who was at the top of her genetics class. However, she was also a very serious athlete and showed her ISTP side through that, so it was easier to type her.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

My Dad's a dorky but lovable ISTP. Does this count?

He is interested in a lot of the macho things (drinking, fishing, cars, engines, watching sport, playing golf and pool) but at the same time he is a little unusual and surprising. For example, he has a love for musicals and opera. People find it hard to believe that a one-of-the-boys, mechanic went and saw Pavarotti perform. The thing with ISTPs is they like what they like and don't give a shit about whether its fashionable or cool to do so. I love this open, fearless, unapologetic, self-confidence.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I find that there's a lot of range amongst the SP's. Think about it, not all geeks are N's are they? lol No offence to anyone, but some of the geekiest people I've met are ISTP's.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have an ISTPfriend who is a nerd. He plays D&D with us, collects video games and comic books, believes in ghosts and goes ghost hunting.

And yet he is still a leather jacket-wearing, motorcycle-driving, womanizing little son of a bitch who literally charms the pants off of women after meeting them one time because he's a Bad Boy.

Even when he's geeking out about his level 12 Tiefling rogue assassin.

Bastard.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I knew one who was really into things typically more considered to be the in the intuitive domain like reading fantasy and science fiction. However, as a whole, he was more the practical sort of person. He was the type that enjoyed repairing electronics and building computers from scratch. (I think INTPs are more inclined towards writing the programs).
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'm very nerdy. I just know how to disguise it when I want to.

I was a math major, now programmer. I was always into really nerdy things that I'm too lazy/embarrassed to get into at the moment.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah, my interests were always more "nerdy." That's why I thought I was INTP for so long. No one ever called me a nerd, though, because they were intimidated by me.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Well, I'm not an ISTP and I'm not a Nerd. I think my Precalc Teacher was one. I just laughed at his equations and he just gets cynical at every "guess" I've made that seemed like I did do the work. He thought I was smart lolz...but I guess I'm just a good faker.

Oh, and a relative of mine was also ISTP computer Nerdy: a practical one. His child, ENTP, was a genius though...in my opinion.

MBTI
    XXFP

I'm a member of a psychology website which classifies people based on 16 archetypes.

So yes, I'm a nerd.

I'm gonna borrow one from Randomnity:
    /end of thread
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.