• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] "Nerdy" ISTPs

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm nerdy until I get angry and want to strangle someone with a rear naked choke.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
There is this idea perpetuated by ISTP profiles that a person with the mindset of TiSe is a too-cool-for-school, mechanically-minded, motorcycle driving, surfer dude who gives nerds wedgies. I suspect, in reality, that there are ISTPs who are those nerds....

Now that I know about Ichazo's instinctual stackings, I would say that the motorcycle-riding, chainsaw-juggling SPs might be the risk-taking, 'extreme' types like sx/so. I am probably a sp/so myself, maybe a so/sp, and I tend to be cold, formal, a bit nerdy, and not a risk-taker. Very conservative, and not as flashy and exciting as the SP description makes us out to be.

babbygirlk

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am nerdy yes I am and I say it all the time. I built my own computer (the one I'm using now) and yes I play video games, I want a motor cycle, and I watch science fiction TV shows. So there are some nerdy ISTP's here.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Surely they are nerds, they'ld just never admit it :D

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfFJRHx_q4"].[/youtube]

That's hilarious. lol

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
The two ISTPs I know (took the test and know for certain) are both 'nerdy'. The other one is studying to be an engineer and the other one is someone who spends most of her time in the internet, reading and videogaming. She reads a lot. They also participate a lot in N type discussions when we get down to them sometimes but always approach things from a practical pov.

Should I also mention that the other ISTP is also one of the most romantic people I know, likes psychology, philosophy and ethics, and writes (loveydovey) poetry and fiction.

On the same token an ESTP I know is a nerd as well. His Ti is strong.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a nerdy ISTP friend who mistyped as INTJ for several years, because she has so many theoretical/cerebral interests. e.g. She spent all summer working on a sci-fi novel -- or at least, trying to make a coherent world, based on existing physics theories.

She does come across as much more earthy and practical, than the INTJs in my life. Very direct and no-frills in conversation, very chill. Example: Saw her after three months, and she'd lost about fifteen pounds.

Me: Oh my god, ISTP, look at YOU! You look great!
INFJ friend: How did you do it?!?
ISTP friend: *shrugs* Ran more. Ate better.

The INFJ and I both tend to be pretty wordy about those sorts of things, and the INTJs I know would probably have turned it into a little story, too. But for my ISTP friend, it's that simple. Very refreshing! :)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not only that "it just happens". I know many, especially in developed countries.