First 12

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Two interesting facets to an SP's personality:

1) We LOVE new practical solutions. I mean love, love, love. BUT:
    2) We take open challenges to be fights. If there's no reason to fight, just smooth it over.
    definitely.
    but yeah, i think for ESxP types, we have a real need to see things out in the open, to see conflicts out in the harsh light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade;
    either we don't care about that possibility or we're too cocky to think that somebody could actually snatch the rug out from underneath our feet like that.
    haha, EXACTLY++
    well said.
    haha.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI

Sometimes is not what you are saying, but the way you say things.

For example, i can take any critisicm or advice if told in a good way. But say it in an angry way, and I bet any ESFP will not take it in a good way.

Also, if your boss talks behind your back... he's just a cowardly ass. He shouldn't manage anything.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Definitely. The only time I've talked behind anyone's back is when I knew that the immediate consequences of talking to their face would be too great (usually when they're an authority figure) and I needed support, and then I usually end up talking about it to them about it anyway (so it's kinda like brainstorming, too ). 99.9% of the time I prefer hashing things out to someone directly. It's all about getting it straight out of the horse's mouth, and confronting the problem head-on.

But I typically don't talk about people. It's too boring. If you're not right there, I probably forgot about you already and I'm onto something else. When people start complaining about managers I yawn, unless they're just seethingly vapid monsters from the black lagoon of hell or something. Give me a real problem, like a rule we need to break, and then I'm talking. But most of all I'm doing.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI

Well, there is an easy rule I follow regarding that:

If you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say anything at all.
    If you DO have something nice to say about someone, tell it to everyone you can.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Black Phoenix View Post
    Well, there is an easy rule I follow regarding that:

If you don't have anything good to say about someone, don't say anything at all.
    If you DO have something nice to say about someone, tell it to everyone you can.
    I don't think any rule should be taken as absolute, though. Not saying anything would just pen up frustration. I generally just criticize someone's actions and always leave room for them to improve, even if only in the far distant future. It's not who they are, it's how they're acting, capisci? It would be terrible to just write them off as completely irredeemable. I don't think anyone deserves that.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

I'm surprised to see ESFP in managerial / higher up position (not that we can't, but it seems out of place and i feel like esfp woudl be too disorganized by nature to manage much..).
    and this:
    definitely.
    but yeah, i think for ESxP types, we have a real need to see things out in the open, to see conflicts out in the harsh light of day.
    OH MY GOD YES. so many poeple dont see that sometimes the best way to go about it is to JUST EFFING SAY IT OUT LOUD.

I've been known to tell people that i don't like them, straight up. In a very real way though, not confrontationally, just,
    "Hey, so I don't think we should be communicating anymore. I really don't think we have much in common, and i'm not feelin' it. You don't offer me anything. I don't feel good, you don't inspire me, etc. Good bye".
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

if a esfp is givin u crap u just gotta smack them

sincelerly,
    man (a fellow entj )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by defragmybrain View Post
    I've been known to tell people that i don't like them, straight up. In a very real way though, not confrontationally, just,
    "Hey, so I don't think we should be communicating anymore. I really don't think we have much in common, and i'm not feelin' it. You don't offer me anything. I don't feel good, you don't inspire me, etc. Good bye".
    I've recently (finally) told my now ex-best friend shit like that. Ungh, that dude. :steam:

You're a fox, btw. Happy belated bday!
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by defragmybrain View Post
    I'm surprised to see ESFP in managerial / higher up position (not that we can't, but it seems out of place and i feel like esfp woudl be too disorganized by nature to manage much..).
    i like to manage crews. i love to be a working manager - to work hands on at what i am good at. and then occasionally take a few minutes every once in a while to check up on my employees. just check up real quickly, JUST long enough to make sure they aren't burning anything down. quick, no lingering at all.
    i really enjoy being asked for my opinion or help on a job, haha. what i mean is, i enjoy being pulled away from what i am doing to help and consult on something with somebody else. it breaks up your day, it keeps things fresh and interesting. i LOVE to problem solve+ so i like to be called on by employees, rather than direct them.

in the morning i get my people together and i give everybody very pointed and specific tasks to do. i make sure they understand it fully, and make it very clear that if they have problems or questions during the day they can and should come to me right away!
    then everybody is set loose to do their thing (including me!!!).
    so i get to work, i get to get my hands dirty too.

my feeling is that management can be pretty loose if the communication is there. i enjoy management a lot when i think of it as providing support. i think the best method is to be like a safety catch - just be there to keep people from running WAY outside the lines. people are pretty smart, they are usually a lot more creative and successful when they are free to follow their own hunches and ideas somewhat.

yeah, i do that also.
    it's got to be done. it saves so much wasted time and effort. it is really draining to have to battle it out with people, you have to gear up for it and set yourself into WAR MODE. it is better to avoid that whenever possible, just cut things cleanly at the source. before they get started or go out of control.

MBTI
    ESTP

Yep, you're a perfect example of the Keirsey CoWorkerâ„¢, Kingfisher. Everything you just said, and more.

As for me, I have TONS of ideas to give people so I inadvertently begin taking over their projects. But they tend to like it because they seem to be very receptive to what I have to say. I find that oftentimes people don't have direction and you just have to give them little nudges in the right direction. It's extremely fun to work with receptive types like that.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]