User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: INTP/ISFP

Default INTP/ISFP

I wonder what the INTP/ISFP relationship would be like

I think an ISFP might like me

We have only really engaged at social events... do ISFPs ever get into a more serious sorta state 1 on 1 or do they expect the "sillyness" to continue?

Or maybe it would be a good balence...

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

ISFPs rock. truly.

There's a communication problem and there may be an interest mismatch but otherwise, I find their company very enjoyable.
    The sillyness never ends from what I can tell . 1 on 1 it just heightens because as introverts you're both more energized.
    Don't get too deep and Ti on them though, you'll probably bore them.

I think ISFPs and INTPs tend to think highly of each other. I feel very revered by the ISFPs I know. Their capacity for kindess always impresses me. They love irrevertent smartasses. In a relationship you'll probably have trouble with planning things. You'll probably hurt their feelings on more than one occasion too. But they're affectionate in a way that won't scare you off, like Fe doms may.
    They're great fun and are one of my favourite types.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    ISFPs rock. truly.

There's a communication problem and there tends to be an interest mismatch but otherwise, I find their company very enjoyable.
    The sillyness never ends from what I can tell . 1 on 1 it just heightens because as introverts you're both more energized.
    Good assessment.

Yes, ISFPs tend to be my "cohorts in crime" but can laugh at my over-analysis of any situation. They'd rather just have me chill and enjoy it.

And yes, ISFPs get very serious about the things they value in life, sure.
    But they approach it differently, typically, than having to sit and analyze it the same way we do.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

ISFPs rock. truly.

There's a communication problem and there may be an interest mismatch but otherwise, I find their company very enjoyable.

I think ISFPs and INTPs tend to think highly of each other. I feel very revered by the ISFPs I know. Their capacity for kindess always impresses me. They love irrevertent smartasses. In a relationship you'll probably have trouble with planning things. You'll probably hurt their feelings on more than one occasion too. But they're affectionate in a way that won't scare you off, like Fe doms may.
    This! As for the ISFP that I dated, we were better as friends. When I'm in a relationship, I still have my crazy, funny side but there are times where things need to be discussed seriously - issues need to be hashed out. I found this to be nearly impossible with my ISFP. Anything "serious" made her nervous, uncomfortable, and fidgety. She would even sweat. She wanted to make everything funny, everything silly. She had a joke for everything. Which was great because there were a lot of laughs between us. Very kind, very silly, always up for a good time. The above post by edge is very accurate, in my experience.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

ISFPs rock. truly.

Haha thats exactly it

They seem good at what I'm not without being really in your face about it

I've found so far that they aren't so easy to offend as an NF, they don't look too deeply into what I say and seem to have fun with it and usually a lot of the time I'm just joking around anyway

Rather than taking my over-analysis seriously they laugh at how ridiclous I'm being... which I can be

IDK I just seem to always offend NFs despite a lot of NTs saying thats the ultimate match...

Talk to spamtar perhaps...?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Aww, you guys! I'm gonna cry now. You do love us!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Haha thats exactly it

I've found so far that they aren't so easy to offend as an NF, they don't look too deeply into what I say and seem to have fun with it and usually a lot of the time I'm just joking around anyway

Rather than taking my over-analysis seriously they laugh at how ridiclous I'm being... which I can be...

That said, I haven't found them incapable of being serious when the situation really calls for it. I take the humor as putting things in proper perspective. Better to laugh at life's ridiculousness than blow a gasket about it.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    ... do ISFPs ever get into a more serious sorta state 1 on 1 or do they expect the "sillyness" to continue?
    For myself, it really depends on the circumstance. I think I maintain the silliness, but I know when it's time to calm down and be serious. I'd have to say that I'm pretty good at knowing when to add a bit of silliness into the thick seriousness to lighten it up a bit, but only when it calls for it. There's nothing worse than trying to lighten up a place that doesn't want to be lightened.

Yup, that's pretty much it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

ya i love intp

isfp can be serious too tho
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]