• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISFPs/ENFPS

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Ne indicates ENTPs and ENFP are more alike. I beg to differ. I think in action, in mannerisms, and in lifestyle, ENFPs are more likely to be comparable to ISFPs.

What do you think?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Ne indicates ENTPs and ENFP are more alike. I beg to differ. I think in action, in mannerisms, and in lifestyle, ENFPs are more likely to be comparable to ISFPs.

What do you think?

I agree that the actions, mannerisms, and lifestyle are very similar, but cognitively speaking we're completely different.

There are certainly good times to be had between ENFPs and ISFPs, but communication/understanding gap is HUGE, in my experience. (due to the S/N divide, I think.)

Yeah, and although ENTPs and ENFPs both use the same dominant function, it doesn't exactly seem like magical chemistry between the two either (in my experience).

****And I realize, of course, that experience is kind of shaky when you're not really sure what people's types are, but .....you know--- Just throwin in my two cents.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
You think it's easier when you know the type of another person? Or your just more aware of the differences that might be inherit.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's interesting you say that...but why do you say it? do you know people of that type that you feel are more similar to you than other entps that you know? and...i wonder if it would have more to do with the strength of your preferences...are you low on e/i and balanced on s/n ? or...are you talking about reading the isfp profile and finding that it's very similar to the enfp one...or...are you going by certain famous people that it's hard to type...or that people seem to confuse between those two?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IME I'm pretty similar to ENFP males in ways and pretty different in other ways. I feel a disconnect from ENFP females. A lot of how we're different seems to be the Se vs the Ne perspective; but I do like the Ne perspective.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I noticed a few days ago how much I sound like the ISFP profile. I am convinced I am an N, but I still relate to ISFPs.

Their function order is Fi> Se> Ni> Te

My Fi is almost tied with my Ne. I also have decent Se, High Ni and decent Te. So maybe that is why I relate to them.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I've been trying to elaborate on this for an hour now, and it's hard to do it without relying on stereotypes.

Maybe I'll try again later. :shrug:

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Sterotypes make the world easier.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I get that feeling too but in theory it doesn't really makes sense but it's there, interesting.

wolfy

awsm
I know an enfp in real life, similar interests and stuff. Different temperament.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I get that feeling too but in theory it doesn't really makes sense but it's there, interesting.

I can picture James Franco saying that...while high on Pineapple Express.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think ENFP's and ISFP's share the same need to be independent and free to act also both share the openmindness. But Ne is very different compared to Se even if Ne-dominant can look like Se-dominant because Se feeds Ne. But Ne doesn't require action as Se does. So, according to that "theory" Se requires sensory feedback whereas Ne can settle with "own thought process" without sensory feedback/information.

But personally, I like the company of ISFP's because of the reasons I described in the beginning. ISFP's don't force their opinion on others, they do not like to control other people. I really appreciate that in them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree. I am very confused at the moment because I don't think I'm an extrovert. Like I really, really don't feel that I'm an extrovert IRL no matter how I may come across with my presence here on the forum.

The reason why I entertain ISFP as a possibility is because I feel more "earthy" and "solid" than some ENFPs I observe on this forum, I feel like I'm more realistic than some INFPs, and generally speaking I think I'm quite in touch with my body and quite sensitive to things like food, sleep, light, and sound for someone who is supposedly an Intuitive. All of this time I was thinking it was because I had strong tertiary Te as an ENFP...could my "earthiness" be because I'm actually an ISFP who uses a lot of Ni for things like literary analysis and understanding people? So I think that "earthiness" to me is most easily explained away by Te or Se.

ENFPs and ISFPs also share that need for freedom, like someone already mentioned, and my life has been filled with quests for freedom. ENFPs and ISFPs are both called hippies. They're probably two of the "sensual" types, too.

I totally feel you on this one.

KDude

The ENFP is still more immersed and energetic in ideas, in talking, philosophying somewhat.. It's a stereotype, sure, but a good one (according to me! I mean, granted, stereotypes suck, but I'm going to use them under the assumption that we all know it's not the end of the world if they're stated in simple message board posts.). ISFPs kind of have a quieter wisdom in comparison.. I think they can be very immersed in action too.. and very specialized at certain things they do.. while an ENFP loves being well rounded and even in certain actions, they are coming at it from some giddy, conceptual point of view. Not simply "as it is". I'm not going to explain what I mean though, because I feel particularly lazy and want to move on.

Lastly, Ne will and can feel it has an opinion in just about anything it's researched -and draw connections to new things through that too.. while Se enforces an experiential standard. Their interest drops if tangible connections aren't made (that's not bad or anything.. although rude Se types - ESFPs mostly - sometimes try to cover up their insecurity and shoot people down if conversations get too far out of their realm of experience. They are the people who insult you with: "Stop trying to talk like 'smart people'". Or "You think too much." ISFPs aren't that rude, but kind of blank and pleasant in these moments. "Uh.. cool.")

This post brought to you by: Some guy who doesn't know if he's ISFP, INFP, ENFP, ESFP

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Boils down to tempermanet and energy? What about patterns of behavior?

Chloe

yeah i relate to ISFP a lot too, though i am positive i am not S; but if i was.. i'd be ISFP

also i have very poor Ni and Se

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I still don't know what those terms really mean.

I think the chick I'm presently chatting up is ESFP. Only thing that throws me off is she lacks that explosive energy most ESFPs have. Could be a sociable ISFP maybe? Or ENFP?

See what I mean...