User Tag List

First 678

Thread: ISFPs/ENFPS

It could just be a difference in my level of conviction. In a way, I've thrown so much out the window... at one point in time, I had more focus. Nowadays, I have a small "nucleus" of beliefs (which I'm pretty adamant about), but I'm unsure on a lot of specifics. A lot of things are up for discussion, so I enjoy just learning and finding similarities. I'm still looking for common ground, but it's just... kind of general. Not that I'm completely open-minded.

That said, I have the same weariness with ultra-conservatism as well. I couldn't have a relationship with anyone who made me feel like I was constantly impure somehow. And not just Christian. Believe it or not, I know at least one Buddhist who can be a bit suffocating too (albeit, more indirectly). Or it could not even be religious.. there are vegetarians who take it upon themselves to throw out people's food and force them to eat brussel sprout sandwiches. I think vegetarians are awesome, but that kind of zealotry is uncool.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think being Se-aux, ISFPs are somewhat more intouch with the external in a way that can be associated with extroversion. Conversely, being Ne-dom, ENFPs can be out of touch in a way that's associated with introversion. This seems to make some ISFPs test E and ENFPs test I.

Also, ISFPs like a lot of the abstract, theoretical stuff that MBTI tests mention, probably as a result of Fi & Ni, and Se tends to like new stuff as much as Ne, maybe more for the experience it provides than the ideas it inspires though.

One of my ISFP friends tests ENFP, despite not acting/talking like he's coming from a NeFi mindset at all. On paper, he sounds similar to an ENFP based on his interests & social life, but in reality, he displays the ISFP functions.
    Completely agreed! Since this topic was originally posted, I have since met a couple more ENFP's whom I originally thought were ISFP's like me.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have yet to know an "aggressive" ISFP in real life.
    Ooooh, I have. I have been myself, and have known other ISFP's to become quite aggressive as well. When Fi is hurt, intruded on, run all over... it can surely lash out in the heat of the moment. However, we'll typically feel bad about this later.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green