User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: ISFPs/ENFPS

  1. #21
    Junior Member craigensa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    29

    Default

    A LOT of the guys I knew at my school are ENFP, but maybe that's just the character my school likes to foster...charming and willing to discover new things in the world.

    Some of them could be extraordinarily obnoxious, loud and generally uncomfortable to be around, and others were less wild and people you could really talk to, without any worry of having a conversation consisting of jokes. So it varied a lot...

  2. #22
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    After reading your post I sort of realized how joking can be extremely obnoxious. I'm going to have to cut back.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  3. #23
    Junior Member craigensa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    After reading your post I sort of realized how joking can be extremely obnoxious. I'm going to have to cut back.
    Lol sorry I meant pisstaking...sometimes you can't have a serious conversation because people decide to make jokes out of everything you say or convert it into poking fun at you.

    Maybe I just spent time around rubbish people!

  4. #24
    Senior Member Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigensa View Post
    Lol sorry I meant pisstaking...sometimes you can't have a serious conversation because people decide to make jokes out of everything you say or convert it into poking fun at you.

    Maybe I just spent time around rubbish people!
    That sounds like ESFP. Some ENFPs tend to be more respectful of the social space and less comfortable doing that, unless they know you well enough. ENFPs style of pisstaking just makes you think they're high on something because it's so sporadic.

    ISFP/ENFP Idk. ...I think FPs can be more alike than NFs. But I think the ENFPs that can seem like ISFPs are nearly I's and not too high on E. Extroversion seems to make a noticeable difference sort of like craigensa is getting at up there.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

  5. #25
    Senior Member You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    I think I've leveled out over the years and nowhere near as extroverted as I use to be.
    Oh, its
    You
    ....

  6. #26
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I know an enfp in real life, similar interests and stuff. Different temperament.
    S is much more down-to-earth than N in general...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    ENFPs style of pisstaking just makes you think they're high on something because it's so sporadic.

    [...]

    But I think the ENFPs that can seem like ISFPs are nearly I's and not too high on E. Extroversion seems to make a noticeable difference sort of like craigensa is getting at up there.
    yeah, i'm pretty shit at it. i don't think i'd even have the courage to mock someone to their face unless we were very good friends, lol. unless i'm really, really pissed off, but that's a complete difference, and would never be mistaken for joking, lol... i need to meet these loud obnoxious male ENFPs i keep hearing about. they are foreign to me

    anyway, i think ENFPs and ISFPs can seem alike especially because Ne makes ENFP a little more spacey, which can appear I-ish, and then Se can make ISFP intensely into environmental things, which can appear E-ish. and of course we share Fi. like petra pan said, if i was S, i would be ISFP

  7. #27
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    Ne indicates ENTPs and ENFP are more alike. I beg to differ. I think in action, in mannerisms, and in lifestyle, ENFPs are more likely to be comparable to ISFPs.

    What do you think?
    Agreed. Mentally, the two are completely different. However, I've found myself amongst many ENFP's and do see some similarities. Artsy, creative... stylish... calm/cool exterior, sensitive.

    I swore a girl I knew was an ISFP, however she turned out to be an ENFP. The longer I got to know her, the more I could see her Ne versus Se. But I suppose her attraction to fashion and art made me think ISFP at first.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  8. #28
    Senior Member Killjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    215

    Default

    I initially had my Ex pegged as an ENFP, but giving her a more thorough analysis concluded ISFP was a far better fit. She was an unusual ISFP, in that she was quite manipulative, outgoing, opinionated and at times, an insufferable bitch. She also had a fairly pronounced Ni, though I believe many of her "intuitive insights" derived from the fact she was high half of the time.

    I should also mention she's Bipolar.

  9. #29
    Senior Member ilovereeses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I'm ENFP and my best friend is ISFP. For the longest time I thought that she was an ENFP too until she took the test and I read more into it.

    I realize now that the only reason I felt that way is because she'd feed off of my energy and become much more outgoing around me. She just generally acted a lot like me. I think that's because she has a tendency to mold to the type of person her friends want her to be, though. As she's grown older she has become much more independent and even started becoming somewhat controlling. I think she was just tired of being the quiet, follower. Now she have a tendency to boss people around and like she's their mother (because she babysits so much), but at the end of the day she'll hide in her room to have her emo time. It's pretty weird to see her change so much and I wonder if she's really acting the way she would naturally, or if she's trying to change herself to appear stronger. She's always been really protective of me and everyone close to her, as a mother would be, so maybe she's just finally expressing that part in herself?

    I do notice big differences in us now. I'm much more flexible than her, and she uses much more Fi than me. I also have a tendency to be much more blunt and say things without thinking, speaking very casually to anyone, even adults and authority figures. She's more likely to be very polite and professional whenever she is around adults, and always thinks before she speaks so that she doesn't offend anyone.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

    ~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

    ~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Since originally posting, I've met someone I believe is an ISFP. "similar function (Fi) in a totally different realm".
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Similar Threads

  1. INFP, ISFP, ENFP. differences? similarities? (4w5)
    By Noll in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-29-2013, 11:54 AM
  2. Another Lost Soul. (INTP,INFP,ISFP.ENFP,ENFJ or INFJ)
    By Arclight in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ISFPs/ENFPs
    By sculpting in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 08:25 PM
  4. [ENFP] ENFP ISFP couplehood
    By revolve in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 06:14 PM
  5. [ENFP] Was my dad an ENFP or ISFP??
    By BookLady in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO