User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default ISFP anger (or maybe even rage?)

I have an ISFP father. I love him to pieces, but once in a great while (or sometimes a lot when he is stressed) he just SNAPS.

Something will really bother him/irritate him/upset him, and he'll go on a rampage.

He'll start yelling at the top of his lungs about it, and what ever is wrong.. It is always someone's fault. It's an outburst of just pure anger.

He gets really upset over simple things.

The other morning he came into the house screaming about how my Brother kept trying to start his truck, even though it wouldn't. Personally I didn't think it was a big deal, but my dad? He was irate.

Then, after a bunch of yelling or a heated argument (usually when the anger is directed towards me or my mother) he just clams up and gets quiet for a while.

Now, please know, (and as I said) I LOVE my dad. He's not a bad person, don't think that.

I was just wondering if this is common in ISFPs, or if it is just particular to him?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I think a friend of mine is an ISFP. Very mellow guy normally, I never heard him raise his voice. But he has a habit of hitting walls when he flips. Once he was looking for some important documents, and just couldn't find them, and punched a wall and broke half of the fingers in that hand.

Moved the thread to the main SP forum from the blogs.

I can get angry, my blood can boil. I tend to get quiet or bossy. I asked my wife about it, she said I get quiet and I get angry about stuff you wouldn't expect someone to get angry about. Random things.

The example about your brother would make me angry. It annoys me if people keep doing something that isn't working. I think I'd feel an overwhelming urge to takeover.

There is some stuff in Was that really me? on isfp, Te, stress and anger.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

no i wouldnt rage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I only yell and get furious when people try to order me around. I really dislike control freaks. (I don't know why they bother. It's not as if I'm going to cooperate with their bossiness...)
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I've never really had an outburst like that, then again I don't think I've ever been given a reason to. If I do get angry about something I usually just quietly stew for a minute and then I get distracted and go back to my usual self.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

After I yell and holler, I'm all done. A few minutes later, I forget why I was yelling and hollering, and I'm back to my usual silly self.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I only yell and get furious when people try to order me around. I really dislike control freaks. (I don't know why they bother. It's not as if I'm going to cooperate with their bossiness...)
    This would be just about the only thing that really gets me going.

I usually just quietly stand in a corner and fume when I'm angry, but it goes away pretty quickly. The last major outburst I had was like a year ago (screaming at everyone), but that's because I had soooo much stuff bottled up that I exploded.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

You have to see me in quite a bit of stress to see me ranting like that.

In a lot of situations, I tend to quell the anger before it gets anywhere. Or if it does surface, it tends to be a slight irritation that goes away after a certain amount of time.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I haven't yet seen my isfp raise his voice. He usually starts grumbling then (rarely) snapping but never yelling or stomping around.

My dad has anger problems, so I know what that's like. He's an NT though (intj? entp? entj?)
    -end of thread-