User Tag List

First 123 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've seen my son snap or snarl, which is quite unlike his mellow, easy-going self. It's almost always because he is tired, hungry, or not feeling well and then someone wants him to do something. He will also flare-up if his privacy is violated--space or otherwise.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Yeah .. I don't do well with anger when I'm tired and stressed. I usually blow up over something minor when something major is bugging me. I have on occasion raged but not too often. Usually I just drop a bunch of F bombs and slam doors. I'm always embarressed afterward. I prefer to keep my emotions to myself.

Good thing is I don't hold grudges and I get over things quickly.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
    Yeah .. I don't do well with anger when I'm tired and stressed. I usually blow up over something minor when something major is bugging me. I have on occasion raged but not too often. Usually I just drop a bunch of F bombs and slam doors. I'm always embarressed afterward. I prefer to keep my emotions to myself.

Good thing is I don't hold grudges and I get over things quickly.
    Basically the same as me...it will be the smallest thing, and is always the person who hasn't done anything. I usually feel the urge to break something but I then realise I'm just being silly. I haven't got really really angry in a while.
    "Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." Berthold Auerbach

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i am an Esfp, i definitely have had rage problems all my life....

my best friend is ISFP, he almost never shows his anger. that is a real strength of his, staying calm even in very very tumultuous and intense situations. i have almost never seen his anger control him, i have known him 31 years. he is a rock. i think ISFPs are great at redirecting things -- they come into an intense situation and instead of falling into anger they redirect it and find meaning and insight in the situation, they see posibilities instead.

my wife is also isfp, she expresses some anger sometimes but it very very rare. she tends to let off little bits of frustration. she will get very frustrated at something, but it only last for seconds, and then it has passed COMPLETELY out of her mind.

i was thinking a few days ago how different anger and RAGE are.... they are as different as night and day. i have always skipped anger and gone straight to rage... maybe anger is a pain in your mind, and rage is a pain in your heart. rage is a pain that consumes, that overtakes every part of you completely. there is that saying, "a man in rage becomes rage."

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I have an ISFP father. I love him to pieces...Something will really bother him/irritate him/upset him, and he'll go on a rampage.

He'll start yelling at the top of his lungs about it, and what ever is wrong.. It is always someone's fault. It's an outburst of just pure anger.

He gets really upset over simple things.
    .... but my dad? He was irate.

I was just wondering if this is common in ISFPs, or if it is just particular to him?
    With what I have gleaned from this site and others when I was young I am fairly certain I was an ISTJ....and as I have aged I have become much more of an ISfx .....but sometimes when something inexplicably stoo-pid happens (or especially is done) I can revert and fly into an unexpected rage....rarely, but it happens....usually if I am under some other stress at the time....and I don't have a family to provide for like your Dad....I am sure I would be more or less under a constant state of stress if I had those responsibilities on my shoulders. It is probably just steam being inadvertently let off by the situation. He probably regrets it, but doesn't have the energy to want to sort it out.
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by craigensa View Post
    Basically the same as me...it will be the smallest thing, and is always the person who hasn't done anything. I usually feel the urge to break something but I then realise I'm just being silly. I haven't got really really angry in a while.
    Same, I also have a strong urge to break something when I'm angry. Usually I just punch pillows or kick boxes.

I tend to snap when someone keeps nagging me and ordering me around. Or when I state something and the person keeps trying to twist my words and refuse to hear what I'm really saying. And do that repeatedly too! Also, any threat of physical harm to me and you're done.
    In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher.

9w8 so/sx/sp

--Deviantart--

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I think rage is capable in any Feeler. We go off on our emotions and we don't necessarily realize it or know how to handle them. Because of the emotional factor, ISFP's can go from sweet, kind and empathetic, to complete chaos in .3 seconds.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i am an Esfp, i definitely have had rage problems all my life....

my best friend is ISFP, he almost never shows his anger. that is a real strength of his, staying calm even in very very tumultuous and intense situations. i have almost never seen his anger control him, i have known him 31 years. he is a rock. i think ISFPs are great at redirecting things -- they come into an intense situation and instead of falling into anger they redirect it and find meaning and insight in the situation, they see posibilities instead.

my wife is also isfp, she expresses some anger sometimes but it very very rare. she tends to let off little bits of frustration. she will get very frustrated at something, but it only last for seconds, and then it has passed COMPLETELY out of her mind.

i was thinking a few days ago how different anger and RAGE are.... they are as different as night and day. i have always skipped anger and gone straight to rage... maybe anger is a pain in your mind, and rage is a pain in your heart. rage is a pain that consumes, that overtakes every part of you completely. there is that saying, "a man in rage becomes rage."
    i agree with the bold. in ISFP's, i think as Ni develops and as we allow ourselves to grow up/mature/learn/whatever, we find insight in the waves verses allowing the waves to fully overtake us. but this is just what i have come to assume with my own experiences, so it is funny to hear someone else post this.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Grrrr
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISTP

I think it's an IxxP thing.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.