• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFPs: Unsure of your type?

Unsure of your type?

• Total voters

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Seems as though most of the ISFPs around here have doubts about their type, what do you reckon?

Poll coming.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I do identify with the ISFP description but I also see some ISFJ in me and usually test as such.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Honestly? I have no flippin' idea. I feel like I connect better with the ISFP so I just said "screw this, I'm staying".

That's about it. :D

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm along the lines of IXFP, but ISFP is fine :alttongue:

KDude

I voted: "I have no clue what I'm doing."

I think I'm less "grounded" or defined by personal experience, like Se is.. At least, that's how I'm beginning to understand it.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The funny thing is that ISFPs are so easy to spot for others o_O
Well, me, at least.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
then help kdude out! isfp or infp for him?

but...are you better at typing others than you are yourself? because...that's important... :cheese:

gromit

likes this
There's a lot I relate to in the ISFP descriptions. There's a lot I relate to in other descriptions too... I don't know. Maybe it is difficult to be objective about myself? People on here don't know me as well as people in real life. People in real life aren't really interested in this kind of stuff.

KDude

I relate to some descriptions, but it's Fi that I'm relating to, I think.

Se, I don't know. I'm not a person who's "in the moment". I keep trying to make the moment better, I think. I rarely enjoy anything for what it is. I say the silliest things sometimes too, where people are like.. "what??" It embarasses me, how I drop the cool act and might relate a situation to some metaphor. Being the dork that I am, it could be a totally uncool metaphor. Like Voltron or something. What SP would use a Voltron as a way of bonding with people? Not one, I bet. I will delete my example here though because I'm self conscious and think everyone's too cool to laugh at it.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
If I go by the tests I'm IXXX

If I go by where you get your "energy" I'm ESFP

If I go by which type descriptions I relate best to I'm ISFP

If I go by Jung's descriptions I'm an Introverted Feeling type

If I go by motivations and perceptions kind of thing I'm Fi,Se,Ni

If I go by Keirsey/actual behaviour approach I'm probably quite I_SJ

Socially I'm very introverted (the common definition not Jung's) but other than that I'm very energised by the world/nature/music etc. just very reserved around people.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Do you have to be hip and cool not be SP? Cause I'm not.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I relate to some descriptions, but it's Fi that I'm relating to, I think.

Se, I don't know. I'm not a person who's "in the moment". I keep trying to make the moment better, I think. I rarely enjoy anything for what it is. I say the silliest things sometimes too, where people are like.. "what??" It embarasses me, how I drop the cool act and might relate a situation to some metaphor. Being the dork that I am, it could be a totally uncool metaphor. Like Voltron or something. What SP would use a Voltron as a way of bonding with people? Not one, I bet. I will delete my example here though because I'm self conscious and think everyone's too cool to laugh at it.

I could totally bond with someone over Voltron.

I do think you're an NF, though. I said it a while back, but you decided you didn't like me so you didn't value my opinion. ;) In fact, your reactions to me were very NF in themselves. I think the SPs are pretty consistent in not criticizing other people's posting styles and stuff like that. We tend to have a "whatever floats your boat" kind of attitude most of the time.

In my observation, a lot of NFs do the "intuitive leap" thing where they gather a very small amount of data on a person and then jump to a bunch of conclusions about them. I think SPs tend to act more situationally - for instance, this may be the guy that borrowed my car and wrecked it last week, but this week he's the guy that's buying me a playstation game so we're cool.

That's just my opinion, though. Take it for what it's worth. :newwink:

Well, of course you do. I'm the hippest and coolest cat on the block, daddy-o, I tell ya what. Wait, that's hip slang, right?? :cheese:

KDude

You're cool.

Anyways, I'm just being snarky (umm, I deleted the hip comment btw..I didn't mean to cut that part out). I think Se is more concrete though.

KDude

I could totally bond with someone over Voltron.

I do think you're an NF, though. I said it a while back, but you decided you didn't like me so you didn't value my opinion. ;) In fact, your reactions to me were very NF in themselves. I think the SPs are pretty consistent in not criticizing other people's posting styles and stuff like that. We tend to have a "whatever floats your boat" kind of attitude most of the time.

In my observation, a lot of NFs do the "intuitive leap" thing where they gather a very small amount of data on a person and then jump to a bunch of conclusions about them. I think SPs tend to act more situationally - for instance, this may be the guy that borrowed my car and wrecked it last week, but this week he's the guy that's buying me a playstation game so we're cool.

That's just my opinion, though. Take it for what it's worth. :newwink:

No it's cool. I was just thinking about touching on that (like in a hypothetical example on NF vs SP dating styles) in what I just said to Quin. Needless to say though, you're right. :)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd say you're an INFP. I haven't seen any pictures or videos of you...
That'd help a lot, since ISFPs are really easy to identify by the vibe they throw out.
I'm not talking nose shape or some other stupid shit, I can't explain it.
But INFP. You don't really have the whole SP thing going on that much.
You don't strike me as the most extreme N-type i've seen, either.
You're not "cute" like most INFPs come across to me. The whole snugglebunny vibe.
But you don't have that annoyingly laid back, artsy-fartsy ISFP vibe either.
If the Rio Grande was the dividing point between N and S, instead of the border between Mexico and the U.S...
Let's say the U.S stands for iNtuition, in this case and Mexico for Sensing...
And where you are living in relation to the border tells us how much N or S you are...
Then you'd probably live in El Paso. Right by the border, but still over it.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a banana. :sadbanana:

banana.gif

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Hey, INTJ's are arrogant and unpleasant at times. :D
You guys are laid back, pretentiously fake-unique and artsy-fartsy :smile:
See, now I exhibited qualities mentioned in the first sentence ;)