User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Do you guys ever feel guilty about NOT thinking?

I mean, if you're on a train or somewhere else sedentary, I can't just relax and daydream/listen to music. I've ALWAYS got to do something stimulating, like play chess or other games on my phone. Or read (and never junk like magazines/fiction...stuff like science or philosophy), write, etc.

Every time I try to relax, I end up doing math calculations in my head, or thinking up mechanical inventions, rotating/inverting 3D objects in my mind, etc. Kind of defeats the purpose!

If I don't, I feel like my mind is dying. But yet I suppose it's relaxing.

Do you SPs ever get that too? Or do you have the ability to just LET yourselves relax mentally?
    Yeah I find that applies to be me as well. My mind needs constant stimulation although not quite as inventive as yours.

If you really want to mellow out the brain, alcohol helps.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Do you SPs ever get that too? Or do you have the ability to just LET yourselves relax mentally?
    Definitely do. It's my natural state. At least, for the most part. There's always a part of my mind ticking things off, but it's more like instinct. When I have urgent things to do and little time to do them in, my mind's on hyperactive mode and I'm switching transistors off and on in my mind at sonic speed, thinking through different options I could take.

So it really depends. I love the relaxation mode, though. But I also love the other mode, as long as I'm not feeling too crappy. Which I am sometimes because evidently I have some medical issues or my eating just isn't balanced enough.

Also, my answer will vary according to what mode I'm in, because if I've been in a certain mode for a few days (or even sometimes a few intense hours or minutes) I'll tell you that's what I'm like because it feels constant because I pretty much only evaluate what I'm feeling at the time. The rest of the time is irrelevant.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    STP

Do you guys ever feel guilty about NOT thinking?

I mean, if you're on a train or somewhere else sedentary, I can't just relax and daydream/listen to music. I've ALWAYS got to do something stimulating, like play chess or other games on my phone. Or read (and never junk like magazines/fiction...stuff like science or philosophy), write, etc.

Every time I try to relax, I end up doing math calculations in my head, or thinking up mechanical inventions, rotating/inverting 3D objects in my mind, etc. Kind of defeats the purpose!

If I don't, I feel like my mind is dying. But yet I suppose it's relaxing.

I have to have something in front of me when I play with it. I cant ever remember enough about things to play with it in my head. I am an extremely external visual thinker.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I have to have something in front of me when I play with it. I cant ever remember enough about things to play with it in my head. I am an extremely external visual thinker.
    x2
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

What if there IS nothing visually exciting? Then what?
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    STP

Hopefully I have some problem to run through my head or else boredom sets in and then I find something to do thats better then being bored. Currently my options are exercise, go for a drive, guitar hero, facebook games, etc.

edit: its not just entirely visually, but sensory. Others talking can kill boredom...it doesnt have to be the most interesting and I dont even have to connect, but it keeps me from getting bored. I am not good at small talk so you can see how this presents problems.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ESTP

If there's nothing exciting on the sensory level, then I get bored, and then I might start thinking about things. But I typically can't go too far with it, even with alot of effort. Sensory stimulation or no, it doesn't change my whole perception paradigm. I can miss specifics, though, when I'm doing this type of thinking. But the general range of sensory perception is never diminished. That would just be freaky. There's at least a very strong layer of background input. For instance, I'd still be able to tell if you were sneaking up behind me, unless you were really good at it.
    -stellar renegade

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    If there's nothing exciting on the sensory level, then I get bored, and then I might start thinking about things. But I typically can't go too far with it, even with alot of effort. Sensory stimulation or no, it doesn't change my whole perception paradigm. I can miss specifics, though, when I'm doing this type of thinking. But the general range of sensory perception is never diminished. That would just be freaky. There's at least a very strong layer of background input. For instance, I'd still be able to tell if you were sneaking up behind me, unless you were really good at it.
    Its fun when people try this because it makes it so easy to turn this around. You know how bad you can scare the crap outta someone who is trying their hardest to focus on not being noticed by you :yim_rolling_on_the_
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Its fun when people try this because it makes it so easy to turn this around. You know how bad you can scare the crap outta someone who is trying their hardest to focus on not being noticed by you :yim_rolling_on_the_
    :steam: A friend just did that last week. I was walking to work listening to my iPod and she leapt on me and hugged me from behind. Bitch almost got her head torn off her neck.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

yes..life would be so much easier that way lol