User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

My ISTP husband cannot turn his thinking off. He tends to worry and ponder the 'what ifs...'.

I on the other hand, know when it's time for sleep (and don't disturb me or else!).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    ALL. THE. *$&%^$. TIME.

At least I'm more conscious of the fact that I over-analyze than I used to be. But most of the time that doesn't stop me, hell no.

Not that I don't want to be deep, serious and emotional. I am INFJ, after all. but sometimes I wish I could switch off both "think" AND "feel" at will for as long as I need to to recover.
    Exactly, I feel the same way.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Under stress I LOVE to think, that's when my problem solving comes out. But it's probably not thinking in the MBTI sense, more like just turning things over in my head untill a solution jumps out.
    I was going to say something similar to this. It's not so much "thinking" but acting on honed instinct. It's freeing to be in stressful situations and pulling the rabbit out of your hat without even knowing how you did it.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I was going to say something similar to this. It's not so much "thinking" but acting on honed instinct. It's freeing to be in stressful situations and pulling the rabbit out of your hat without even knowing how you did it.
    What do you mean, "without even knowing how you did it"? I'm always fully cognizant of the steps I took to kick something's ass.

But if you mean the mystery of where the instinct to perform such an epic feat came from, I wholeheartedly agree. I like to keep that aura of mystery alive and well.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Wouldn't it be easier if you tried to manage life in such a way that you don't ever want not to think about its possible developments (i.e. in such a way that you don't have to worry excessively about them)? That's what I try to do, because I really dislike hindering my own thought-process because I don't some imagined scenarios.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier if you tried to manage life in such a way that you don't ever want not to think about its possible developments (i.e. in such a way that you don't have to worry excessively about them)? That's what I try to do, because I really dislike hindering my own thought-process because I don't some imagined scenarios.
    I'm too impatient to think about possible developments, and I don't really have the capacity for it. I'm too caught up with what's going on now for any of that to have room in my brain.

I'm aware of obligations, etc, things I said I'd do, but sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything about any of that cuz it gets a bit stressful, and I'm all about reducing my stress level.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I believe that every type has felt this at some point. I know I have, often, and especially when I'm in pain.
    WANTED: Somebody to go back in time with me.
    P.O. Box 322, Spokane, WA. You'll get
    paid after we get back. Must bring your own
    weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done
    this once before.

Glycerine

hahaha, I have told several Thinkers that I didn't want to think... I just want to relax and talk without having to think deeply about everything I say. They were like "WTF, What? Do you EVER think....? Much of what I say on here is fluff and I could care less.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    if you mean the mystery of where the instinct to perform such an epic feat came from, I wholeheartedly agree.
    Yes. That's what I mean.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

I sometimes have a thing with thinking and being flooded with some emotion and thinking on that. I just let it flow through me and don't try to stop it, I don't always express it either.

I also can get caught looking at something from angles. My mind gets consumed looking for something. Looking at leverage and the way to do something.

Sometimes if I am angry at something somebody has said or done my mind moves back to deal with it and I can't break from it.

Sometimes my mind gets caught up in a project that I am enjoying and it pulls me in again and again.