MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Default Clue me in here, dudes..

Tell me something, SP's..

I find myself,when in the presence of an Se-user, to somehow be at a loss for words. Or rather..they shut me up by not saying anything themselves.

All I know is, we're talking, something sweet or meaningful is said and there's this ....pause. Then there's the look (even online they do 'the look', I have *no* clue how!). Possibly accompanied by some bodylanguage. Time f*cking stands still, as they gaze at you, seemingly saying a million things at once without even uttering a word. Or at least, that's how it feels. There's this sense of understanding, of being in sync, or reciprocation, or of sheer bewilderment, of connecting...

And then the moment passes and they mention casually somethign about wanting to grab a soda, leaving me to wonder if I all imagined it

Tell me I aint dreaming this. Tell me this isn't just me, that they're actually aware of it and experience this as well. And tell me if they experience it the way I do, or if I'm just frigging high on my own feelings at that time
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP

I'm not an "SP" but here is my assessment of the situation (it's fun for me ) They are aware of it but their experience is likely very different. Due to their sensory awareness they think of you and your unintentional signals to a high degree. This gives them something to appreciate, they feel compelled to comment, then wait for you to comprehend what they said. Since they're so well aware of you it's probably pretty accurate and it creates a lot of feelings in the span of time that follows. They aren't actually "saying" anything else but you do feel a lot has been communicated. Not only does this surprise you but you suddenly become aware of their awareness which is why you feel connected.

Meanwhile they're still waiting and at the same time becoming aware of your response. They sense that they've put you off-balance so they change gears and say something casual to give you some emotional breathing space. You're still catching up, though, so this invisible change in pace makes you doubt whether your initial feelings are (or ever were) applicable.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Anything for you, of course!

I find myself,when in the presence of an Se-user, to somehow be at a loss for words. Or rather..they shut me up by not saying anything themselves.
    We eventually learn to listen, yes we do!
    When I was younger I most likely talked too much.

But as I got older, and more more experienced with socializing I began to realize that every conversation has multiple paths that it can travel through at any given point in time, and that it is alot more fun to LISTEN to what your friend is saying, because in doing so you learn alot more, and see so many different sides to what they are discussing with you...

God gave us two ears and one mouth, so we should listen twice as much as we talk. :newink:

All I know is, we're talking, something sweet or meaningful is said and there's this ....pause. Then there's the look (even online they do 'the look', I have *no* clue how!). Possibly accompanied by some bodylanguage. Time f*cking stands still, as they gaze at you, seemingly saying a million things at once without even uttering a word. Or at least, that's how it feels. There's this sense of understanding, of being in sync, or reciprocation, or of sheer bewilderment, of connecting...
    Those are great moments! To know that something you said has positively affected the person you are talking with is delightful, and the worst thing to do is to keep jabbering. Seeing what they do with the conversation is the best way to keep that good vibe alive, and in the mean time I can scan our surroundings and look for new sources of material to use later in the chat.

And then the moment passes and they mention casually somethign about wanting to grab a soda, leaving me to wonder if I all imagined it
    Nope! sometimes we get thirsty. It's very SRSLY.

Tell me I aint dreaming this. Tell me this isn't just me, that they're actually aware of it and experience this as well. And tell me if they experience it the way I do, or if I'm just frigging high on my own feelings at that time
    We (SPs) loooooove interacting with people, and there is nothing nicer for us to experience than seeing our friends happy, especially if we got to experience them getting there. For what it's worth, we're just as happy on the inside during moments like that.

I can only speak for STPs, but I know that at times everything that is on my mind is not easily apparent. The whole "T" thing really does contribute to us appearing "aloof" or "emotionally flat" but that's really just a facet of us taking everything around us in, processing it into tiny little bits of information and sticking together, and figuring out how it relates to what we are doing at the moment. Our feelings are there, we just enjoy them on a less visibly apparent level, but we have alot going on inside too.

Nice topic, thanks for posting it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, it's definitely that ultra-meaningful connection moment thingy you said.

Especially if that results in making out.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Reeeaaallly depends on which SP you talk to. Are we capable of it? Yes. Do most of us love camaraderie and sharing moments? Probably. Do we feel the moment as intensely as you do? Probably not.

But mostly I just wanted to address this:

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Nope! sometimes we get thirsty. It's very SRSLY.
    It's SUUUPER CEREAL!
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I can't speak for how other people feel when they interact with me so I don't know if it is similar for them. I do know that on some rare occasions I've been aware of someone staring at me after we converse. I'll stare back for a little bit thinking they will continue. I don't know whether they think I've got more to say (I don't) but I immediately think, "That person is looking at me strange. Something happened. Whatever it is - I missed it. Awkward."

Then again, if it's a person I feel a certain chemistry with - physical or mental - it's not awkward but awkwardly exciting.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yes, it's definitely that ultra-meaningful connection moment thingy you said.

Especially if that results in making out.
    Oh, agreed.

Good to see you, foxy jeff. Long time no see.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Hah, yeah, I've done the double-take MDP's talkin' about, too. Like, wtf are they looking at me all creepy-like for? They tryin' to gauge my movements before springing a surprise attack!? Later I grew to realize it's supposed to be a positive thing. Go figure. LOL.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if I'm silent while with someone after something has been said I'm looking at them for verbal cues as to how I should respond to what they said... it's a sense of uncertainty in a situation in which I don't want to do my usual verbal blundering... it's a sign that someone is important for me... or that I didn't really hear what they said and am trying to figure it out

if someone is staring at me I automatically assume that they're scanning me for non-verbal cues like I do and I either adjust my body language to conceal my thoughts or if I am feeling nice I'll use it to demonstrate what I'm thinking instead
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Words get in the way. Nice when that happens, happens a lot too. I've been asked 'what, what?' more than once.