User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    It's interesting, I have a very hard time getting a feel for people over the internet.
    I think it is rhythm, the internet has no rhythm. It lacks pace, things hang too much to really get a feel. You do over time, but it takes a lot longer than real life.

Intense experiences just make me want to move. It is reading the ebb and flow of everything and working with it.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think it is rhythm, the internet has no rhythm. It lacks pace, things hang too much to really get a feel. You do over time, but it takes a lot longer than real life.

Intense experiences just make me want to move. It is reading the ebb and flow of everything and working with it.
    This is what I struggle with online. The hanging, its like a constant disconnect/connect online, probably because the way I work. Being in the moment overrides anticipation.
    Im out, its been fun

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

+1 This is how I pretty much how I work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Tell me something, SP's..

I find myself,when in the presence of an Se-user, to somehow be at a loss for words. Or rather..they shut me up by not saying anything themselves.

All I know is, we're talking, something sweet or meaningful is said and there's this ....pause. Then there's the look (even online they do 'the look', I have *no* clue how!). Possibly accompanied by some bodylanguage. Time f*cking stands still, as they gaze at you, seemingly saying a million things at once without even uttering a word. Or at least, that's how it feels. There's this sense of understanding, of being in sync, or reciprocation, or of sheer bewilderment, of connecting...

And then the moment passes and they mention casually somethign about wanting to grab a soda, leaving me to wonder if I all imagined it

Tell me I aint dreaming this. Tell me this isn't just me, that they're actually aware of it and experience this as well. And tell me if they experience it the way I do, or if I'm just frigging high on my own feelings at that time
    It's not just you. I feel the exact same way about my ISTP, even though he's Te/Si.

Sometimes I think he has the entire experiences of the world in his eyes, and it's the same with his touch (just the tiniest touches, we've not even held hands yet, I don't know what will happen then.) I am addicted. I can walk away either gasping for breath or in a complete daze.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Oh hello Cbelle.

I'd tell ya, Satine, but that would ruin the magic.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Satine, I think that the responses to this thread are perfect illustration of how different Ns and Ss are. And, no... I don't think the SP you feel this intense connection with experiences it in the same way that you and I do.

But that doesn't mean that they can't feel connected to us. I've come to believe that SPs (especially Dom Se's) are about love in its tangible form. They convey their love by their actions... and I've gradually learned to not expect the deep, meaningful connections that you and I might share.

But it still completely baffles me to think that S's experience these interactions in such a different way than I do. <Sigh.>
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Well hey, maybe you could pop us some pill or mix us up a brew that'll get that magical kinetic love switch turned on.

To me, the greatest expression of love is definitely physical. Not getting that from my mate = heartbreak.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

FYI SPs - I'm the one that got Satine to start using the word "dudes". I know, I know, I rule.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Well hey, maybe you could pop us some pill or mix us up a brew that'll get that magical kinetic love switch turned on.

To me, the greatest expression of love is definitely physical. Not getting that from my mate = heartbreak.

Actually...didn't you recently fall in love with an ISFJ?

I know you live in the present and immensely enjoy physical stuff, but here's a question for ya...

When you realized you were in love with her, those feelings...do they surface also during such a moment as I just described? Do those feelings for that matter surface when you are amidst the act of physical love (omg what a sentence )? Or, for that matter, when did they surface and what triggered them? What still triggers them? And if they don't arise during a moment like the one in the OP...what does go through your mind at that point?

I know that when I have a moment like that with someone, there's feelings of utter respect, love (in its broadest sense), understanding and bewilderment that arise. I *love* it. And it seems to be most intense with NTJs and STPs, people I naturally feel drawn to. With NFPs, it's more of a mutual feeling safe thing that goes on..a relief really.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    FYI SPs - I'm the one that got Satine to start using the word "dudes". I know, I know, I rule.
    He did, ya know
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Satine, I think that the responses to this thread are perfect illustration of how different Ns and Ss are. And, no... I don't think the SP you feel this intense connection with experiences it in the same way that you and I do.

But that doesn't mean that they can't feel connected to us. I've come to believe that SPs (especially Dom Se's) are about love in its tangible form. They convey their love by their actions... and I've gradually learned to not expect the deep, meaningful connections that you and I might share.

But it still completely baffles me to think that S's experience these interactions in such a different way than I do. <Sigh.>
    I just re-read my post and want to clarify something. I was NOT trying to say that that SPs don't have deep, meaningful connections with other people. I worded that poorly.

I was trying to say that how they experience those connections is like apples and oranges (when compared to NFs).

I process abstract information first. I'm all about concepts and ideas. So love feels more REAL to me in its conceptual form. Thus, the articulation of my feelings, being able to proclaim my love from a mountaintop, is very important to this kind of love.

Not so with SPs. I used to feel that they didn't love as deeply as I did. Now I realize I was wrong. It's just it was almost incomprehensible to me that anyone else could experience love any other way.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀