If I haven't stated this before, I'm an artist/writer.
I'm presently embroiled in several projects, one of which is a book, and I need some assistance with a character who has an ISTP temperament. I've pretty much got the guy nailed down, but a few nagging intimacies remain.
I realize there was an "STP and stress" thread SOMEWHERE, but it wasn't specific enough for me, nor do I wish to go hunting for it (unless someone wants to toss the link at me.)
This is open to all STPs, those of you with STP kids, best friends, S.O.s. etc who do not object to having their brains picked. The bigger the cross-section, the better for me. I like to have a lot of data to work with.
1. Is activity/activation paramount to your daily life? (By "activity", I don't necessarily mean base-jumping, folks. I mean anything that engages you, brain and body, even on minor levels.)
2. What connection do you feel between physical activity and your mental well-being?
3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?
4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress?
5. What happens mentally when you're confronted with protracted monotony?
6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit?
7. Do you have 'internal dialogues'? What does the internal voice say to you?
8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.)
9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils?
10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave?
11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why?
12. How important is control? Self-control? Control over your person/environment? Control over your ultimate fate? Would you rather die on your terms than live on someone else's?
13. How important is justice? What happens to you mentally when you see unjust things occurring? How do you physically react?
14. How important is stability? Is there such a thing as "too much" stability?
15. How do you feel -- first mentally, then physically -- when you make a strong bond with someone? How important is loyalty? What is your personal definition of loyalty and why would you give that loyalty to another person?
16. What excites your contempt? When filled with irritation or contempt, how do you (or do you NOT) express it?
Ok. 16 questions is way more than enough. Thanks again, guys.