MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Smile STP Survey -- Humor Me, Wouldja?!

Hey, guys

If I haven't stated this before, I'm an artist/writer.

I'm presently embroiled in several projects, one of which is a book, and I need some assistance with a character who has an ISTP temperament. I've pretty much got the guy nailed down, but a few nagging intimacies remain.

I realize there was an "STP and stress" thread SOMEWHERE, but it wasn't specific enough for me, nor do I wish to go hunting for it (unless someone wants to toss the link at me.)

This is open to all STPs, those of you with STP kids, best friends, S.O.s. etc who do not object to having their brains picked. The bigger the cross-section, the better for me. I like to have a lot of data to work with.

Questions!

1. Is activity/activation paramount to your daily life? (By "activity", I don't necessarily mean base-jumping, folks. I mean anything that engages you, brain and body, even on minor levels.)

2. What connection do you feel between physical activity and your mental well-being?

3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?

4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress?

5. What happens mentally when you're confronted with protracted monotony?

6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit?

7. Do you have 'internal dialogues'? What does the internal voice say to you?

8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.)

9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils?

10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave?

11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why?

12. How important is control? Self-control? Control over your person/environment? Control over your ultimate fate? Would you rather die on your terms than live on someone else's?

13. How important is justice? What happens to you mentally when you see unjust things occurring? How do you physically react?

14. How important is stability? Is there such a thing as "too much" stability?

15. How do you feel -- first mentally, then physically -- when you make a strong bond with someone? How important is loyalty? What is your personal definition of loyalty and why would you give that loyalty to another person?

16. What excites your contempt? When filled with irritation or contempt, how do you (or do you NOT) express it?

Ok. 16 questions is way more than enough. Thanks again, guys.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think. To get an STP to respond to 16 essay questions, you'd have to offer some inducements.

They'd not do this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

From an ESTP!!!

Questions!

1. Is activity/activation paramount to your daily life? (By "activity", I don't necessarily mean base-jumping, folks. I mean anything that engages you, brain and body, even on minor levels.)
    I find activity to be an important component of my life I usually am out a lot more than my internet presence would seem to indicate! I walk on average 6 miles a day (usually over half of which is hiking) and spend way too much time grociery shopping and at the gym and such!

2. What connection do you feel between physical activity and your mental well-being?
    I feel trapped if I miss out on my physical activity which means that I get snippy and stressed :sad:

3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?
    My home town is horribly dead end- listen to Bruce Springsteen's song My Hometown for a sample Note my tendancy to do stupid and dangerous things and my fondness for loud music- I am willing to do anything to just add some spark to my life! (my blog should clue you in! )

4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress?
    The rise of Super Bitch!!! I get argumentative, snippy and start to look for fights- then I end up getting depressed and turning inactive and drinking too much I try to avoid that

5. What happens mentally when you're confronted with protracted monotony?
    I become willing to do ANYTHING just to break up the boredom- no matter how bad of an idea it seems like!

6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit?
    In the past it's translated really quickly- I'm trying to reign that in a bit now though- I've made some really bad decisions in the past while stressed out- ranging from substance use to sleeping around to getting in fist fights- I still have to fight that tendancy HARD when stressed out

7. Do you have 'internal dialogues'? What does the internal voice say to you?
    Internal monologue is more correct! usually "hmm... this looks fun!" "how can I get what I want" and "what are this person's weak points"- yes, rather cruel, but I guess welcome to the mind of an ESTP

8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.)
    I've never had that experience- I've had to respond to a highly irresponsible friend and lover before- which mainly involved making bargains with him, bullying him and manipulating him :sad:

9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils?
    Loud punk music, driving like a bat out of hell, telling people to fuck off rather bluntly, bad cases of road rage... along those lines

10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave?
    I'm optimistic- if I think that there's a chance for something good to happen I'll stay around- once I lose hope (usually too late) I'll leave- usually losing hope means walking in on the other person boinking a friend or something

11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why?
    I'm drawn to real life situations and anything involving mental and relational strategy- like politics- I HATE all things abstract because they confuse me dreadfully

12. How important is control? Self-control? Control over your person/environment? Control over your ultimate fate? Would you rather die on your terms than live on someone else's?
    I would much rather die on my own terms- I like to be in control of all aspects of my life- my least control has always been over myself, but I'm gaining that over the past year or so!

13. How important is justice? What happens to you mentally when you see unjust things occurring? How do you physically react?
    I always try to set things right- I can't stand to see someone get treated unfairly- I like a fight, but I want it to be fair- I tend to get confrontational with people if they are being unfair

14. How important is stability? Is there such a thing as "too much" stability?
    I want job stability and such, but too much stability makes me feel trapped- I NEED a challenge to feel alive

15. How do you feel -- first mentally, then physically -- when you make a strong bond with someone? How important is loyalty? What is your personal definition of loyalty and why would you give that loyalty to another person?
    Loyalty is REALLY important to me- I'm loyal to the end for anyone I'm close to- even if I know that it's a losing side- I'd define loyalty as a sense of solidarity with the person and standing by them when shit comes down. If I feel a close bond to another person I get all nice to them and such I feel the need to protect them and make thier lives easier

16. What excites your contempt? When filled with irritation or contempt, how do you (or do you NOT) express it?
    I can't stand people being unfair or disloyal- I really look down on that- I will do anything in my power to manipulate the situation to cause the person I dislike's downfall- confrontations, sabotage, gossip, whatever it takes to ruin them- I'm not happy with the situation until they're miserable with thier lot in life wow- I sound like a horrible person! good thing my contempt is rarely excited!

Ok. 16 questions is way more than enough. Thanks again, guys.

you're quite welcomed!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

^^ QED.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I think. To get an STP to respond to 16 essay questions, you'd have to offer some inducements.

They'd not do this out of the goodness of their hearts.

How about nudity?
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    From an ESTP!!!
    Thank you, my darling! This is just the thing I'm after It may form more questions in my mind to ask later but this is a GREAT start!
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    How about nudity?
    *lol* Dare them to do something / say they won't do it, and they will.

Who's nudity? Yours may very well result in the general population of "STPs" increasing

MBTI
    ISTP

TL;DR

(Kidding, kidding. No one really knows what my type is, including me, so I won't answer to bias your answers )

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    TL;DR

(Kidding, kidding. No one really knows what my type is, including me, so I won't answer to bias your answers )
    you're BBFC. *points to pt's avatar*

Give Pink's questions a shot? STP fits you methinks?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    TL;DR

Aelan's right.

This NFJ fire-eater is willing to take a chance if you are, Gats. Hit me up. I'm game.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code