• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] STP Survey -- Humor Me, Wouldja?!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to thank everyone for contributing to this. Great stuff. Please feel free to add any additional thoughts I might have missed. I may have more questions as they arise in my reading over the posted responses.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Currently I have no idea what type I am so feel free to discard my answers.

1. Is activity/activation paramount to your daily life? (By "activity", I don't necessarily mean base-jumping, folks. I mean anything that engages you, brain and body, even on minor levels.)
- Very much so.

2. What connection do you feel between physical activity and your mental well-being?
- For the most part there is a direct relationship b/w the two.

3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?
- Routine is not a bad thing as having the basics laid down gives you a solid fundation to play on.

4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress?
- Ahh, this is a good one. First I fall back and re-organize then when I have a plan I attack the source of my stress.

5. What happens mentally when you're confronted with protracted monotony?
- I would welcome it.

6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit?
- It translates slowly and basically depletes my energy.

7. Do you have 'internal dialogues'? What does the internal voice say to you?
- Yes but nothing that I can remember.

8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.)
- Easy, the way I deal with all tough situations, organize then attack. If that fails then give the offender and ultimatum.

9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils?
- Make new goals. If I don't achieve those then make more goals. Life, and most things in it, is about managing risk and playing the game. You can't always be number one but you can always do well.

10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave?
- I wouldn't. Please see first answer. :devil:

11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why?
-Grand concepts/truths that transcend a particular facet of life to cover all facets of life.

12. How important is control? Self-control? Control over your person/environment? Control over your ultimate fate? Would you rather die on your terms than live on someone else's?
-All are of paramount importance but self-control is the most important. It would depend on the terms.

13. How important is justice? What happens to you mentally when you see unjust things occurring? How do you physically react?
- Important up to a point. I believe in justice tempered with mercy as the world is a cold cruel place and it's sometimes unfair to hold all people equally to one standard.

14. How important is stability? Is there such a thing as "too much" stability?
- It's important. Yes, too much stability causes complacency which ultimately hinders societies progress.

15. How do you feel -- first mentally, then physically -- when you make a strong bond with someone? How important is loyalty? What is your personal definition of loyalty and why would you give that loyalty to another person?
- Ahh, this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart. Loyalty is extremely important. For if I do not have my loved ones what the point of anything.

16. What excites your contempt? When filled with irritation or contempt, how do you (or do you NOT) express it?
- Primarily two things, from which many thing stem, excite my contempt. Cruelty and the in-ability of some people to see beyond the mere dots we are in the massive existence.

This was an excellent learning exercise :cheers:

SahlainAnteth

MBTI Type
ISTP
Questions!

1. Is activity/activation paramount to your daily life? (By "activity", I don't necessarily mean base-jumping, folks. I mean anything that engages you, brain and body, even on minor levels.)

No. I'm downright sedate much of the time, building up information and energy for a burst of... um... something. Some sort of action/activity.

2. What connection do you feel between physical activity and your mental well-being?

Um... I feel a lot better when I'm lifting weights and running regularly. If that's not what you're getting at, then your question is too vague for me.

3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?

PROJECTS!! :D I've read that ISTPs live for their hobbies, and I think that pretty well describes me. I think we often work in pretty mundane jobs, but evenings and weekends are where we thrive: a project in the shed, some thing or other to be taken apart and put back together, a wild & crazy Saturday activity (Airsoft wars!!).

4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress?

I actually don't even consciously realize when I'm stressed. It usually manifests as tension headaches, or waking in the morning to realize I've been clenching my teeth in my sleep. When the stress is unavoidably noticeable, I push it back into some compartmentalized place in the back of my mind and keep going.

Daydreaming. I used to get in trouble for daydreaming during school. I would just zone out and my mind would be in a galaxy far, far away. At least that's what happens with mental monotony. Physical monotony? No problem. I can usually find some way to make it interesting to myself--to turn it into some sort of game or something.

6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit?

It has to be pretty serious and to have built for a long time before I burst. Then it usually manifests in punching a wall or something--usually to avoid punching the offender's lights out or biting their head off with a remark I'll later regret voicing. Otherwise it'll subconsciously build up and result in the aforementioned tight muscles/tension headaches.

I also don't usually burst over something done to me personally (unless it's by my xxTJ sister, who knows exactly how to push my buttons). I will explode over something done to someone else, however.

It's not so much a dialogue as a narration. I've actually many a time realized that I'm internally narrating my actions in either 1st or 3rd person. Weird.

8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.)

I'd probably try to unobtrusively take care of them--look out for them without letting it look like I'm looking out for them.

9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils?

Hah. Um, well first, "actualize" sounds like a pretty psycho-babble word for an _STP. ;)

But I think I'd just try to take my hits quietly and secretly find some way to improve my situation. I don't think it would manifest in an eye-liner or arsonist sort of rebellion--that would be too pointless. It would have to be something useful (digging the hole in the wall behind the poster, ala Shawshank Redemption). For instance, if I was locked up all the time, I'd do push-ups or whatever I could to prep myself to escape. If I was in some sort of dreary situation, I'd create some sort of retreat where I could express my creativity (a room/shack wallpapered with my drawings, etc.)

10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave?

I've never really been in one of those... and from what I've read, ISTPs are pretty good about leaving relationships. The closest thing I've had to one is a friendship with a girl who has some mental & family problems. She's like a sister to me, even when her mental problems would cause her to do a personality about-face and say cruel things to me in order to rouse me (which it wouldn't, which would make her "other self" angrier). That relationship I've kept up out of love & loyalty, and for the sake of her saner self.

11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why?

I'm drawn to neither. As far as advanced mental pursuits, I had a political philosophy class I enjoyed. I studied history in college and still enjoy that. The study of weapons and martial arts both Eastern & Western is good too. :)

EDIT: I forgot WIKIPEDIA!! I'm an info/data junkie and I can go on Wikipedia for hours.

12. How important is control? Self-control? Control over your person/environment? Control over your ultimate fate? Would you rather die on your terms than live on someone else's?

I don't mind control as long as I have autonomy :) In other words, I'd rather be the contractor or the advisor than the general--I don't want to be in charge--but I want a certain freedom within my sphere of action. I'm pretty fond of living myself, but I don't really fear death and I'd be willing to die for the right cause (not for some naive idealist's idea of a cause, but definitely for a friend).

13. How important is justice? What happens to you mentally when you see unjust things occurring? How do you physically react?

Heh, see above mental stress question and think, "Dirty Harry." Or Batman. :)

EDIT: Ever seen the humours MBTI type description list where the ISTP is listed as "Psycho Vigilante?" Um, yeah...

Stability provides the platform for my creative base-jumping :D

15. How do you feel -- first mentally, then physically -- when you make a strong bond with someone? How important is loyalty? What is your personal definition of loyalty and why would you give that loyalty to another person?

Um... it takes a really long time for me to make that kind of bond, and there have been very, very few people I have made it with. To those people, I am dyed-in-the-wool loyal. It's a very mental thing. A "this is how it is now" kind of thing. Physicality doesn't really enter into the bond part. For a definition, see above answer about life/death.

16. What excites your contempt? When filled with irritation or contempt, how do you (or do you NOT) express it?

Idiotic, bureaucratic processes. I fume inwardly, may hit a wall or three, and as a last resort, vent to my closest friend.

Ok. 16 questions is way more than enough. Thanks again, guys. :)[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I write this under the assumption that I really am ISTP.
No. I spend a lot of time just sitting around thinking. Though you might consider that an activity.

I feel a very strong connection. Doing stuff besides just sitting around keeps me sane.

I've been struggling with not being able to kayak since I moved away from the mountains a few years ago. I still go when it rains, but we're in a pretty major drought right now, so I've had to find other stuff to do. Right now I get my thrills from riding my bike around town, and sex. I've also been looking for some kind of martial arts to do, but nothing I've seen fits well.

Yes, I sometimes imagine myself teaching someone else how to do something. I imagine if someone from a hundred years ago travelled to this time, what would they think? What would I show them?

I'd let the dissatisfaction simmer inside for a while, until I decided to do something else.

Chemistry and music. Both contain their share of abstraction. Symmetry is beautiful. Um....

Ok. 16 questions is way more than enough.Yes. :)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
Questions!

During the week I engage enough in activity at work, physical and mental...and I'm a programmer. Part of it is the fact that I'm with people all day, but by the weekend all I want to do is veg out and get things done around my apartment that I've put off during the week.
I like learning things for the most part, and if I learn a new skill I find it much more satisfying than learning random facts. After I've got the skill, I like to relax by watching brainless TV or chatting on Aim.
Meaningful activity followed by plenty of relaxing... That's my balance.

I don't find a connection. When I used to jog (about 10 years ago), I liked to think while I jogged. Now I'm too lazy to jog and I save thinking for long distance driving or a slow day at home.

Variety is essential, but routine makes me accomplish things. I like routine during the week and save the variety for the weekends or vacation time.

If I were stuck in a small place, I go on a lot of trips on the weekends. Or I'd find another job, or transfer to another school.... Depending on what might be a viable option, of course.

I freak out. I become a bit emotional and can't get anything done. Very unusual.

I become the most impatient person ever. I try thinking of something exciting to do. Worst case, I pick up Harry Potter and reread it....again :p

Very slowly. Or rather, it takes a LOT of stress to show in me physically. I outburst... I get all loud and irrational.

Ha! I have those all of the time. It's usually a mental debate about what to say in present company. I always think I'm too quiet and that I should say something, but I mostly stay quiet and let other people talk. Other times it's conversations I could have had with people, or conversations I'd like to have, ooooor conversations with myself about myself.

Not sure. They've always been straight up good people :-/

I never settle - which is a problem sometimes. I just wait until whatever I want comes around. If it's something I can buy, then I save for it or at least keep it in mind when I get paid.
I shaved my head once to "liberate" myself from a crappy relationship. He like loooong flowy hair and I hated that it reminded him of his wonderful ex, so I shaved my head after it was over. *barf*

I haven't been in a relationship long enough to call it dead-end... Although, I also don't really date guys whom I'd consider dead-ends.

I like to learn about things I can use on a daily basis, or at least something I can find a practical application for. Existentialism and abstraction make me die inside.

Self control...er, I like I be in control of things going on around me and in control of my situation. If I'm not in control, I have to have no expectations or plans beforehand. Say, if friends plan to come in town and want to do *something*, that's cool, but they have to plan stuff and I'll just go along. But if they randomly show up and I've got something else in mind... That bothers me a bit.

Having to depend on others makes me uncomfortable.

Very. It depends on whether or not I think doing something will help. If it's injustice to me, then I stand up for myself, tell someone I think they're wrong and tell them why I think I'm right. If they don't see my point and insist upon theirs, I end up hating them for a long time. Most of the time when I speak up, it's because I've thought things out and the person should fucking listen to me. Odds are I'm right, too. If they bring up a valid point or at least some rule or regulation that prevents me from doing what I want to do, then ok, fine, I'll deal with it. Otherwise...I hates 'em.

Very. I can't handle emotional flakes. Too much stability doesn't exist! Unless it means not having wild and crazy fun. I'd die without that!

Mentally, I think of them with higher regard. I keep them in mind... When I see or hear things that remind me of them I think of them fondly. I hardly mention it to them. Physically...eh. I don't do the physical thing unless they do it first. Hugs are great, but I never give them first.

I become steaming inside. If I say anything, it's mean and bitter. If I don't say anything, I stay steaming and bitch to someone else later (or on a blog) and get mean and bitter.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP

Yes. Boredom is my worst enemy. I need to be doing something at all times, I have trouble paying attention to a long lecture, and I don't watch much TV because it tends to bore me.

A huge connection, but that's partially because I generally get my "alone time" from my physical activities as well.

I'd find things to do to avoid inactivity, there's always something. Avoiding routine and variety aren't that important (I'm not one of those people who has to do things differently every time), but too much of it results in boredom, which is bad.

I go nuts internally, until it either is resolved, or until I can escape for a bit into one of those physical activities and regain my sanity/perspective.

However, no one ever knows if I'm under stress, because there is no real difference in my outward behavior, other than me being even more reserved.

Regardless of what it is, if something important comes up, I can ignore it until whatever the more pressing issue is, is taken care of.

I tend to drift off into my own world and ignore whatever is going on (since it is boring).

It doesn't really, other than me talking even less than normal, and often disappearing for a day to go ski, or something of that sort, to get my mind off of it.

Yes, but I don't really have a "voice", I'll just often work things out in my head.

Not sure, but my guess would be:

1. Sit down, try to talk with them a bit. (Possibly try to make them realize what they are really doing).
2. If I got nowhere, distance myself from them, and let them know if they ever want to stop I'll help. (at least the first time).

Very few things are impossible. So far in life, I haven't found a situation that I couldn't work into the way I wanted it to work. I can have incredible patience (I can also have no patience, it all depends), and I'm extremely persistant.

Haven't really been in one, so I can't answer.

Figuring out how things work, and learning things that interest me/I have a use for. Ex: I basically taught myself electronics, because I needed to make a board for something.

I'll break it into the individual questions..

Self-control: Extremely important. I don't usually have much of a range of visible emotions.

Control over me/environment: I hate being told what to do, but I don't necessarily mind if it's a bunch of friends and someone else decides what to do.

Control over my death/dying on my terms as opposed to living on someone else's:

I value my independence strongly, while I wouldn't die if I couldn't be independent (at least not immediately), I would definitely make sacrifices (such as pay, job, etc), to keep me from being controlled by someone else.

Depends. If someone is being unjust in a way that affects me greatly (if it's small, not worth the battle), I'll stand up for myself/get back at the person (and, no I don't care if it's the CEO, Principal, President, or just a kid who's being an a****** to me).

However, if something unjust is happening to someone else, it'll depend on their reaction. If they don't have the balls to stand up for themselves, I'm not going to do it for them. If they do, I'll back them fully.

I like a lot of stability in relationships, with activities, not so much.

Hmm...I feel like I want to spend more time with them and get to know them better. I'll think about them, instead of thinking of ways to avoid them. Physically, I'll try to reciprocate what they do, but generally, they have to lead the way.

Loyalty is important to me. Not quite sure how to explain it, but I'd say it's a mixture of absolute trust and knowing that they would always back me up, regardless of why. It takes years for me to get to that point with most people...

In public, I will generally try not to display it, although if the cause of that contempt/irritation speaks with me, I will unleash it on them.

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
Your survey is too long and it damn annoys me, and some of your questions don't have valid sense in them. It's also not a fun survey, come on ENFJs. Use your power of mind control to get us to have "fun" under your mind control. Like throw a party or tell random Monty Python jokes.

SahlainAnteth

MBTI Type
ISTP
Your survey is too long and it damn annoys me, and some of your questions don't have valid sense in them. It's also not a fun survey, come on ENFJs. Use your power of mind control to get us to have "fun" under your mind control. Like throw a party or tell random Monty Python jokes.

Heh heh... Yes, it was long. And some of the questions did seem convoluted (Then I reminded myself, "Hey... he's an NFJ fiction author. I'll give 'im a break for making lists and speaking courteously to STPs at all. Even if we don't really care.").

deleted
When I'm doing something, I'm doing it. Or doin' it. I try not to do things because I do them so much.

Physical Activity basically makes me really smart, because I have the body and mind of Bruce Willis, the stunning actor.

3. If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? How important is variety? How important is it to avoid routine? What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine? As long as I had my homies and we'd be raising the ceiling up in here.

4. What happens mentally when you're placed under protracted or inescapable stress? I'm need to relax, grab a pint, watch some golf or lacross.

5. What happens mentally when you're confronted with protracted monotony? I'm above it really. I can handle such things, I'd just usually want to get out of it and do something exciting like ride my quad bike/mow the lawn.

6. Does mental stress translate quickly or slowly into physical signs? (This includes reckless behavior or outbursts...) What signs do you exhibit? Mental stress is usually do to others ruining the vibe and acting like a total idiot, and I try to put them in their place without coming off as too much of a sissy.

7. Do you have 'internal dialogues'? What does the internal voice say to you? Depends how drunk I am.

8. How would you respond to your parent who was behaving irresponsibly? (Alcoholism, drugs, dead-beat behavior,etc.) Dead-beat behavior? Seems like they need to come to a realization. I don't feel responsible, but I'd try to get them out of the mess at whatever cost. As long as things are cool, I'm happy.

9. If you were unable to actualize yourself, what steps would you take to gain satisfaction from your life? For example: Do you talk yourself into liking "second-best"? Do you go set a silo on fire? Do you start wearing eyeliner around your nostrils? I'd probably pick up a new hobby, I've always wanted to get into hand gliding again. Get my mojo flowing.

10. How long do you stay in a dead-end relationship? What prompts you to stay in it? What finally prompts you to leave? The clingyness. I want her to know I'm not one of her stuffed animals. I'm a man.

11. What sort of advanced mental pursuits do you find powerfully attractive or intriguing? Are you drawn to existentialism? Abstraction? Why? I've covered a lot of these in my pursuits. I'd adopt any of them by sheer convenience.

Ok I'm done answering the rest... It's boring me out and I think the Spangler's just scored a yard.

phoenity

Hey, guys :)

If I haven't stated this before, I'm an artist/writer.

I'm presently embroiled in several projects, one of which is a book, and I need some assistance with a character who has an ISTP temperament. I've pretty much got the guy nailed down, but a few nagging intimacies remain.

I realize there was an "STP and stress" thread SOMEWHERE, but it wasn't specific enough for me, nor do I wish to go hunting for it (unless someone wants to toss the link at me.)

This is open to all STPs, those of you with STP kids, best friends, S.O.s. etc who do not object to having their brains picked. The bigger the cross-section, the better for me. I like to have a lot of data to work with.

Questions!

Ok. 16 questions is way more than enough. Thanks again, guys. :)

I started to answer these questions, but I don't really understand what you're getting at as some of these questions are waaaay too broad. If you want to go into further detail about specifics of what you'd like to know, then I can provide more thorough answers that might actually provide some useful insight rather than one liners like I started to do. Otherwise, I just see it as a waste of both of our time :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think. To get an STP to respond to 16 essay questions, you'd have to offer some inducements. :D

They'd not do this out of the goodness of their hearts. :whistling:
:D

I'd say the photos of herself posted a few weeks ago are payment in full. :yes:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now the info you requested of ESTP me...

Questions!
ANSWERS!

Yes, without a doubt. I am the living embodiment of action. I am constantly doing several things all day long; I literally don't stop, but I like it like that, it's fun and easy for me. I like to productive and have a positive effect on my environment.

The two are inextricably linked. If I am physicall dormant (for me that means no workout at the gym for 2 or more days) I begin to get as closed to "down" or "depressed" as is possibly for me. I guess I get bummed out, because I am bored and feel like I am wasting the life energy that is exuding from me that day, which I know I can never get back, once a moment passes it is gone forever, whether you are sitting on your ass or skydiving.

3. (a) If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? (b) How important is variety? (c) How important is it to avoid routine? (d) What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?

(a) I'd join the armed forces and leave, to live a life of action and adventure, as my Dad did to escape pverty in South Georgia in 1955.

(b) Variety is important but that is kind of a broad net to cast Variety of what? Waht I see and who I talk to everyday? If that's the case I'd get a job as a software sales rep or pharmaceutical sales rep.

(c) Routine is not necessarily bad if it serves a purpose. I compensate the routines that are forced on me (work, school, etc.) with activities that are personally meaningful to me (working out, hanging out with friends, etc.) so that with each day I am doing what I need to do while not sacrificing my personal wants and needs.

(d) Let's put it this way, that all depends on how much time and money I have on my hands. If I have 24 hours and a few hundred dollars to do whatever the hell I want, there is no telling what random idea I will come up with and leap forward into.

I excel; I rise to the occasion and am at my best. Times of crisis are relaxing to me. I operate through them with exacting precision to accomplish my desired outcome, I always have.

I get really pissed off and then do whatever I need to mentally survive, ignore what's going on, leave, whatever. I'll not be bored, I cannot tolerate it. Fun is a state of mind, I have it, and I will not be bored if I can help it.

No, I manage it for long durations, eventually it manifests as some type of recklessness, yes, 8 cosmopolitans one night for no reason, impulsive electronics purchase, etc. I never feel physical signs of being stressed out. I have had things that made me worry, or just feel really bad and conflicted, but never neck/shoulder tension or stomach pain or anything like that from stress. When it does sneak up on me (like twice per year maybe) it usually sneaks up on me and whacks me upside the head, I screw a few things up that I normally wouldn't and then I man up and assume control of my life again.

Ha! I say what I think! Therefore my inner voice and outer voice are one!

At this age? (35) I'd tell them I was concerned for their health, if they were hurtful toward me I'd tell them off.

I stopped wearing eyeliner around my nostrils in 5th grade, right before I got a mohawk. ;) Honestly, self actualization is VERY important to me. I feel that I have been given a great and wonderful life. My parents were awesome, I am young, I am healthy, I am smart, and I am of pure and good intent. Self actualization to me is composed of: (1) Simple daily acts of good towards my fellow humans and other living creatures, like the other day I was taking a walk and an old man outside couldn't start his chainsaw to trim his bushes, so I pulled it 18 times and got it going for him, and (2) Some legacy that I will eventually leave as I prepare to exit this phase of existence, which at this point is setting up a non-profit HMO that diverts its earnings into home and community based services to keep elderly people at home, instead of going into nursing homes.

Wow. People are creatures of habit, I think we have all been guilty of staying longer than we should have in some relationship or another. The "BIG 5" for me in a relationship are as follows; From my girl I want the following: (1) I want to have fun, (2) I want to spend quality time together, (3) I want hot, passionate, spontaneous sex...often, (4) I want my girl to respect me, and (5) I want my home to be one of peace and harmony.

If I felt I were not loved for who I am, if I felt that my S.O. did not have the same values and desire to experience life as I do, as noted above, I would eventually leave. Before one leaves they typically distance themselves.

I enjoy being artistic and creative. Everything I do I do with some type of artistic flair. For example, I finished my daughter's closets last year and used their favorite colors on the shelves to match their cloud covered painted rooms:

A_Closet_AFTER.jpg

B_Closet_After.jpg

I am a musician and DJ, and have a small project studio in my home. Whenever possible I am composing or just rocking out. I also love to draw and paint.

Control is an illusion, but I buy into it like anyone else. I learn enough about whatever I wish to have an effect on and all the possible outcomes of the situation so I can set things up in a way that the ball has the most probability of dropping the way I want it to. Self-control? Work in progress, commensurate with the emotional significance of what's happening. Playful goofing off, no problem, life is supposed to be fun, but no reckless treachery in my life. Control over my ultimate fate, very important, that's why I'm a bodybuilder who eats really well so I can stay healthy and strong as long as possible and live my life and help my loved one's through theirs.

VERY. I do not like unfair situations and remove myself from their proximity if ever I encounter one. I have left jobs because of ethical disagreements with management. When I see injustice I speak out or act out against it, whatever is appropriate, I do not let bad shit happen around me. I have stepped in between people who were about to get physical because the situation was unwarranted and I will do it again if I encounter as such again. If I ever see anyone hit a woman or a child in front of me I will show them no mercy.

Stability is great, just be sure to pepper opportunity for spontaneous fun throughout it!

I feel outstanding, mentally and physically. I am happy, positive about my outlook on life and my surroundings. When I make a strong bond with someone these entheusiasms carry through into my friendships. Loyalty is very important to me; it is of the highest things I value. Loyalty is looking out for another's best interests because you love/respect them, informing them of possible dangers, and acting in their defense if needed.

That's a hard question. If your a co-worker/acquaintance then throw some needless drama or treachery in my life and I'll brew up some contempt real quick. If you're my friend/loved one then violate my trust, or be mean or distant over a prolonged period of time, or oppress my freedom for no good reason, that will brew up contempt. But in general, I do get over things very quickly. I have a long fuse, when it blows look out, but shortly after I'm good to go.

I hope my info is helpful for your research. Good luck with your book! I hope to read it some day!

:happy:

-Alex

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Unique

ANSWERS!

I rarely do nothing but when I do it doesn't bother me

None I do physical activity for physical benefits

3. (a) If you were born into and stuck in a very small dead-end town/city, how would you handle the inactivity? (b) How important is variety? (c) How important is it to avoid routine? (d) What lengths would you go to get variety or avoid routine?

(a) Move asap

(b) Extremely

(c) A lot

(d) Do whatever it takes, you expect me to put up with a boring routine? hahahhahaha. Not going to happen.

Have you heard of fight or flee? I take action (fight) and if that doesn't work I leave, your loss.

Only stay in the situation as long as it takes then find a way out.

Quickly and usually involves working twice as fast to solve the problem

Freedom is all that matters

Direct action, steal the alc, drugs hide it and book them into rehab

I have no idea what you're talking about. This question has no point.

What FINALLY prompts me to leave? You sound already as if your implying it would take me a long time. If its not working I will end it.

Being able to acquire more freedom than your average joe

I control all aspects of my life that I can, obviously chance comes into play for example, If you decide if you walk through the unknown door... you don't decide what's inside but you DID decide to walk into it.

Depends on the situation

Depends what you mean by stability? are you talking about money? relationships? I'm not amused and don't get joy from the vagueness of these types of questions

I work with respect, if I have a high respect for you then you are a friend and have my trust. Loyalty by itself is meaningless if you are a bad person, I'm not going continue simply because you are loyal to me

Laugh at their foolishness

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're welcome. I try to learn about STPs.

I try to learn about other types too. The NF mindset is really hard for me to comprehend.

Do you know any STPs, or are we just an odd bunch who you are learning about? :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try to learn about other types too. The NF mindset is really hard for me to comprehend.

Do you know any STPs, or are we just an odd bunch who you are learning about? :D

Yes, I do know other STPs and several SFPs. It's only recently that I had a lightbulb moment and realized how many SPs I have been close to in my life and how well we get along. But I think that may possibly be because everyone loves SPs! lol

PS - I too sometimes have trouble comprehending the NF/NT mindset but I'm getting better.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I do know other STPs and several SFPs. It's only recently that I had a lightbulb moment and realized how many SPs I have been close to in my life and how well we get along. But I think that may possibly be because everyone loves SPs! lol

PS - I too sometimes have trouble comprehending the NF/NT mindset but I'm getting better.

Ha! That's cool to hear. From the handful I know, despite our differences, we are a fun loving lot of goof-balls.

The NF/NT mindset is indeed a difficult nut to crack. I am capable of thinking high-level/low-level OR top-down/bottom-up when it comes to analytics, but Jee-Whiz, the NFs/NTs come up with stuff that defies all typical problem solving and relates one thing to another, despite the two being from totally different universes, and adds a bit of emotional fuzzy logic to it all for a final twist of a mind-screwing...I get lost! :shock: CRAZY stuff!!! :D